FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Did anyone else get the "congratulations" letter

Postby Mrsb » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:37 am

Mrsb
White Belt

did anyone else get the "congratulations! Your invention has been chosen for final consideration in Atlanta?
if so, a couple of questions

Did you hear upon leaving that they will be calling you or did you hear nothing but "good luck" - This has been the longest 3 weeks of my life and I am sure that my sister (fellow inventor) feels the same. Also, if we do not hear anything by June, does that mean we have been "knocked out" of the competition?

Any answers from anyone would be helpful and appreciated.

Also, anyone with some experience (who has made it on previous seasons) could post some of their walk would be great. Also, Does anyone know who the female judge was? I know who the two men were.
Thanks in advance for any information

Postby Average Inventor » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:49 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

From past experience (auditioning for season 2) it took almost a year when all was said and done to hear if you made the final 14. They usually won't let you know unless your eliminated out of due diligence before they have seen all of the cities on their list and have had time to deliberate on marketability and how it would fit with the show.

everyday edisons "final consideration"

Postby Mrsb » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:17 pm

Mrsb
White Belt

I had heard that if chosen for the particular city (Atlanta was ours) that we would hear from them in 6 to 8 weeks if chosen but the letter states in Jun or July. I had heard from others that if that is the case, that would mean the product was "knocked out" of the competition. Thank you for your response though.

Postby chrisk005 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:42 pm

chrisk005
White Belt

well I made it to the top 3 finalists in houston region but i didnt win a trip to los angeles. i only received a personal thank-you phone call from a co-producer of american inventor clay newbill a day after the season finale air.