FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Multiple inventions: enuff time at casting?

Postby BurbankGal » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:43 am

BurbankGal
White Belt

Howdy, everyone.

I have *three* items that I would like to present at one of the upcoming casting calls, so I'm wondering if anyone else on the boards has taken more than one invention to a casting call, and has been able to make it thru the process with all the items that they wanted to present, considering the time constraints.

Thanking you in advance,
-BurbankGal 8)

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:05 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I believe they ask you to pick only one. You can read their rules online.

Postby Average Inventor » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:11 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Casting for season 2 where I attended a casting call in Indiana only allowed for 2 per inventor I believe. I went for 2 but found it difficult since they didn't allow extra time for each invention. When I went in front of the initial panel of 10 experts I felt rushed trying to explain my second idea as you get about 6 -10 minutes total regardless of how many ideas you present. I did see one guy get 2 idea's through and he got filmed in front of the judges. I would expect 3 ideas to be even more challenging and it might give the impression you haven't focused on your best ideas. Many inventors get tons of ideas and it's your job to narrow them down to the most marketable and best chance to get patent protection.