FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Edison Nation's Commercialize My Product

Postby Little homemaker ideas » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Little homemaker ideas
White Belt

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone has sent in an application with their prototype to Edison Nation for their review to commercialize their invention? At the San Jose casting call, they spoke about this being a very similar way of having Everyday Edisons take your invention to Market.

Thanks!
JoAnn :D

Edison Nation - Commercialize My Product

Postby What-iF... » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:22 pm

What-iF...
White Belt

Hello.

I sent in a prototype about 3 days B4 the San Jose CC; and yesterday they allowed me to send an addendum (modified description and drawing)

You do need to have a factory prototype. From what I've been told that just means a functioning prototype; it can still look a little rough around the edges.

Hope that helps!

To : what if

Postby Mrsb » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Mrsb
White Belt

Hi there and you mentioned that you "sent" in a prototype? Do you belong to Edison Nation and did you send in a fee or was this for the Casting call? I was under the impression (by the rules posted on Everyday Edisons that nothing could be mailed in, faxed, etc - just attend the casting call. Could you help explain how you got to mail in your prototype? Thank you

Edison Nation

Postby What-iF... » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:36 pm

What-iF...
White Belt

Yes... I'm an Edison Nation member ($9.00 a month I think?)

As a member you can submit factory prototypes that undergo the same scrutiny as those at a casting call... without the needed entertainment value.

Thanks!

Then What?

Postby cejela » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:54 pm

cejela
Yellow Belt

Reading the info about sending in the prototype to ed nation...what do you do with that info? Is it only to get feedback on the idea..or what?

Thanks

Re: Then What?

Postby Average Inventor » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

cejela wrote:Reading the info about sending in the prototype to ed nation...what do you do with that info? Is it only to get feedback on the idea..or what?

Thanks

No they actually will decide to commercialize your product if they feel it is mass marketable and they can get protection on the idea.

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:40 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

You need to be a Gold Memeber $9.25 /mon and send in addition $75 for them to consider your idea. When What-If goes in to next stage, we will know for sure.

Ed Nation

Postby cejela » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:30 am

cejela
Yellow Belt

I am a member, so I will have to use that in the future for other ideas.

I was reading some on the company's profile and saw that, that was the brainchild for the show.

I have something within the pool of choices for the show they chose from Dallas...but that being a large bucket of possibilities, I wonder if they would contact you after the group is chosen to do something with your item anyway if they like it?

I am happy to have some good critics anyway that you can trust. If they like your item from the ED nation do they take it and do all the work, like they do on the show and give you royalites?
Thanks!