FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:56 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

If you want to paint them, you might as well paint them at Saturday. So one night will dry both glue and paint.

Postby dragon smile » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:01 am

dragon smile
White Belt

Make

I filed a provisional patent as you suggested, yet I haven't got the application number back yet. Is that going to be a problem?

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:06 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

just tell them you filed but yet to have the number. It shouldn't be any problem. Good luck.

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:54 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Oh, make sure to consider getting a Gold Pass, You probably will be out by noon.

Postby dragon smile » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:03 am

dragon smile
White Belt

I know, I have read about it, I probably will get one.

The other thing I have been wondering is how come the casting call is concentrating on east half. On west we only got San Jose, and Dallas is at middle.

Now to go to Chicago, I may have to stop at Dallas. With regrets that I didn't know this show earlier :( :(

Postby dragon smile » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:43 pm

dragon smile
White Belt

we made our prototype. It took longer than we thought. At first, motor couldn't turn smoothly, we had to adjust its axis few times to get it going smoothly, Then the stop come too abruptly, jams the joint and make reverse more difficult. Sometime I have to use my hand to help.... :(
I don't think it's a successful prototype. What should I do? Should I spend more time to improve it? Or should I still go to 19th casting call as it is.

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:50 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I wouldn't go, since there is still another casting call after Chicago. Fix your problem if you can then go. There is no big deal if you have to delay your attending few more weeks.
The earlier you attending, the longer the wait.

Postby ideagirl » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:02 pm

ideagirl
Green Belt

If showing how it works is an important part of your concept then I would
work on it and go to Providence in May. If the judges" don't get it", then you will have wasted your time and money.

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:09 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

try something simple first. If you have a joint that may lock up. Maybe you should place a stop before it can reach to that position. For example, stop the joint at 179 degree rather that at 180 degree. If you set the joint to stop at 180 degree, it may overrun and get into 181 degree hence the lock up.

And try to slow down the motor a bit. Place a resistor inline is a easy fix, do that before you change the gears.

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:15 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I usually get my electronic parts from a used part store at Ryder st/ Central You can try there. Be sure to get a resistor with enough wattage rank.
PreviousNext