FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby dragon smile » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:19 pm

dragon smile
White Belt

Thanks Make and idea girl, I will give it one more try. and If I can't get it fixed By Wednesday, I probably will go to next one. :oops:

Postby dragon smile » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:30 am

dragon smile
White Belt

My prototype works Ok now. :D
Make came over yesterday and helped me straighten the joint, now it won't lock up and I can make it goes forward and reverse by flipping on switch. Woohoo :D
I am booking ticket and hotel now for Chicago. See you there. :P

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:39 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

No need to mention it. The coffee was good.

Postby ideagirl » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:04 am

ideagirl
Green Belt

Good Luck with the big pitch. So here's a hint about making the pitch.
Start off with what the problem this solves, and how it is important. Talk about who will use it, and how it will make their lives easier, better, whatever. Don't go in to detail about how your invention works. Get the message across about what it does, but they don't have to understand HOW it works. You only have 2 minutes. First you have to get their attention. Get them thinking about the benefits your invention provides. Then pitch the invention. They just have to like the idea- they don't need to know all the techincal aspects to know if they like it or not.

Postby dragon smile » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:30 am

dragon smile
White Belt

Thanks for the tips. I am preparing mine now. :? Wish me luck.

Postby baxter » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:09 pm

baxter
White Belt

great presentation hints ideagirl ... I have gained so much knowledge and insight from all of the inventor spot members ... I will walk into the Chicago casting calls feeling prepared and therefore more confident ... thanks to all for the valuable advise !!! Very excited for this opportunity !

Postby Average Inventor » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Well I'm finally all set. I have 2 inventions I'm gonna show and I'm bringing 2 other people who also have 2 ideas. My bro and girlfriend are coming so it should be a fun trip. Does everyone have gold passes? I will prolly be wearing a blue patterned dress shirt and dress/casual pants FYI. Say hi if you see me and I will do the same.

Good Luck!

Postby ideagirl » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:58 pm

ideagirl
Green Belt

Good Luck everyone going to Chicago this week-end. Have fun, make some new friends, and just enjoy the whole thing. Can't wait to start hearing from everyone.

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:16 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Good luck everyone. Is Chicago 2 hrs ahead of west coast or 3 hrs? I will be watching this board. Post your results.

Postby Average Inventor » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:05 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

well no dice for me... I made it to the judges for my first idea but they didn't give me a yes. My bro got an idea accepted by the judges.. I'm pretty bummed
PreviousNext