FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby ideagirl » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:13 pm

ideagirl
Green Belt

Sorry you didn't make it all the way thru. So can you tell us a little bit
about the day. How many judges? About how many were in the Green room. Did you get to meet any other ispotters? Did you go up infront
of the Edison panel or the Thomas?

Postby makeworldbetter » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:13 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Got phone call from Dragon smile a while ago. He doesn't have his computer with him.
He got nay from judges but gathered few attentions to set up follow up meeting. He is staying Chicago one more day.

Postby citizen » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:54 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

AI, sorry to here you didn't make it, but its persistance that'll pay off.

If you're going to Providence, let me know.

Jason

Postby Texasmechanic » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Texasmechanic
White Belt

Also sorry to hear that AI, but as Citizen says do not give up.
Dragon smile also sorry about your nay also but hope the meeting works out.

Randy

Postby Average Inventor » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:30 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Yeah well at least I made it to the judges so I have a possibility that one of the retailers will see the footage and like my product and want to license it. My prototype was busted and I tried to show it anyway and it didn't work right in front of the judges. I think that had a lot to do with why they didn't vote yes. I would suggest if your prototype isn't perfect don't bring it because it can really bite you in the ass. It was my 3rd prototype for that invention and I have used it a ton to make sure I was proficient but...

Maybe I'll be stubborn and do another prototype before providence and show it again. I really don't think the judges got my invention at all or could relate to my target market.
Last edited by Average Inventor on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bad luck AI

Postby LoveInventions » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:10 am

LoveInventions
White Belt

Bad luck AI, don’t feel to down, remember everyday Edison have a strict criteria, their looking for inventions that not only will sell but will make great TV.

Just because they’re not interested doesn’t mean others won’t be.

Did they offer any reason why they weren’t accepting your idea? Maybe they’ve give you some constructive criticism that means you just have to make a few adaption’s.
<p><span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #494949; line-height: 170%; font-family: 'Helvetica','sans-serif'"><a href="http://www.loveinventions.com/">http://www.squidoo.com/boy-dog-names</a> </span></p>

Postby baxter » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:21 am

baxter
White Belt

So sorry you ran into a liitle bad luck with your prototype failing on you ... it can really throw you off your game plan.
I had a curve ball thrown at me too ... I thought I was prepared until I walked into the room with my prototype and a shopping cart and realized I had to present my idea between the panelists table and the presentation table. No room to maneuver the cart or to attach the proto on without bumping into the tables and looking like a clutz !... also the panelists reallly could not see the entirety of my invention since I could not turn the cart around ( there was one panelist stretching his neck out trying to get a look )... I had to squeeze myself in between the cart and presentation table in order to be able to have direct eye contact. I'm a wing it type of a person but this one caught me off guard !
I am curious has there been any one on this forum that has had a similiar situation ?... I would think not all inventions can be presented on a table or limited floor space. Bottom line it was a great experience ... which I could present again in Providence but differently. A.I. did you here how many people attended ? ... the lines were amazing !

Postby Average Inventor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:40 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Baxter,

I heard somewhere on the order of 1500-1700 ideas were presented and reviewed in Chicago. I think about 90-100 made it in front of the judges and they try to only pick about 50 from each city (educated guess)

Edison Nation

Postby Roger Brown » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:26 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Hi AI,
which room were you in for the first judging in Chicago? I was a review judge in the Thomas room #7. As you stated it was around 1700 or more that showed up at the auditions.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby ideagirl » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:32 am

ideagirl
Green Belt

So Roger, tell us what it's like to be one of the reviewers. Do you see alot of duplication in inventions? Alot that are already in the market? Do they just all blur together by the end of the day? What are you looking for when you review?
PreviousNext