FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby mojo62 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:46 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

The thing I am interesting to find out is does that gives Edison nation the exclusive agent right

Yes, exactly what I'm wondering. That would not be a good thing. I mean, they are not dealing with a bunch of idiot Edison's. I don't think they would take advantage of people that don't know any better.

Do they post your ideas publically on the site?

Postby cejela » Fri May 30, 2008 8:16 pm

cejela
Yellow Belt

I just found out there was a fee to submit the ideas on their site. Good for them but bad for me having 3. Also now saying you can film a presentation makes me feel, if I don't will it seem too basic to think hard on in reading the info. Why do the simple chores always get more complicated? :roll:

My other question is that I am not sure if the submissions are open to the site's readers to read, or just the companies who search them? I do not have PPA's on them yet and will not want to go thru that hoop right now either as I work on the fine tuning details. Therefore if they are public, I can not enter any.

Postby ideagirl » Sat May 31, 2008 4:35 am

ideagirl
Green Belt

Your submission is not available for others to view. I shouldn't think having a video presentation is desirable. They love ideas that are simple, so if you have something that is easy to understand, then a video is just extra time out of their day. If you have something that is so complicated that you need a video, then I would think that would be harder to get thru.

Postby makeworldbetter » Sat May 31, 2008 7:54 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I believe every company that joint product search would have sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement with Edison Nation; yet I don't think that would be bullet-proof. What's in line for them is more likely their reputation and their relationship with Edison Nation.

I would think this way, enter any competition is a risk of leak. If you don't even have a provisional patent, what protects you is first to invent and pure luck. So maybe go through some extra trouble and file the provisional before you submit. If eventually you want to promote that idea, someday, somehow you have to let that idea leave your house, why not now?

I wouldn't submit a 100MB video. To my understanding this whole thing works thought internet. I don't think the extra download time for the judges would win you anything. Do it only if you have to. I think the best way is to show your idea in a glance, through a illustration maybe.

Postby DCinNC » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:35 am

DCinNC
Yellow Belt

Who all will be submitting a product on Edison Nation's online casting call?

I Plan to Submit

Postby cejela » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:56 am

cejela
Yellow Belt

I am working on 4 products to see if I can give them justice to add to the pile. If not they said they would add them to the private viewing for the companies who browse their site for ideas. That in itself is worth 25 bucks per idea and a little extra hurry to do it right for me.

I am one that is scared to approach companies myself not to shoot myself in the foot. I want to find someone who does that well and then I can give them a commission of any deal that happens. Do I have any takers out there?

If so send me your history in this industry and maybe we can strike up a deal. :lol:

Postby ideagirl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 am

ideagirl
Green Belt

I will be submitting 2 ideas. One I have had for awhile, and one I just thought of last Tuesday. I told you those idea hunts get my energy focused!! I have been working on the visuals all week-end. Unfortunately I leave for Europe later this week and won't return till 22 June. Thanks EE, for taking my already hectic week- and making it even tougher.

Postby DCinNC » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:28 am

DCinNC
Yellow Belt

We have this quote stenciled up on our wall in our production room...

"Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not know how close they were to success when they gave up."

-Thomas Edison

I hope that encourages all you guys out their with an idea!

Good Luck...hope to see you on the show!

Postby makeworldbetter » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:27 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I have many ideas, if cut down to consumer products, there are four.
One already got selected by EE casting call. I plan to submit another one or two which I consider can compete. The other one, already I think it's a good idea, I don't believe it can compete to the top. If later I find you have product search in that area, Maybe I will submit.

Like Cejela, I am not very good at approaching companies or sell them myself, So I think this will be a good platform for me.

found one of my invention ideas at the mall

Postby cejela » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:50 pm

cejela
Yellow Belt

I had my daughter try out using her crocks after I drilled some holes in them that started out wide on the soles and went small like a cone to
interior of the shoes. thinking that the air would be pushed up to the smaller hole when she walked. She would not really try them out and I only picked crocks...knock offs. because the soles were solid plastic I could drill in easy.

She has hyperhydrosis which in her case gives her really sweaty feet and hands. I gave up on the idea for a while I thought, but then saw some poster in the mall showing my idea on some gym shoe sign. The sign was just that...have the air push up their little saucer shaped holes they have in the front parts of the shoes souls. I did not know if God is trying to encourage me or say.... na nee na nee boo boo :shock:

So now I am going to work hard as I can to get three in. I think I have 3 home runs with my ideas this time...only if the world would agree.. That is with someone who wants to run with it that is! I too have one in the EE pot and do not know if they will find it genious!

Good Luck you all! : )
PreviousNext