FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Season 2 inventions, what do you think?

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:37 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Season 2 inventors and their prototypes have been shown on Everyday Edison's web site.

I can't help but ask you what do you think of their inventions? Compare to Season 1 and compare to yours if you had submit one.

Postby citizen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:51 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

I think its hard to judge just by a photo and a brief description.

The alarm clock one I'd like to know more about it, simply because I've seen something similiar to it on the Big Idea and other's like it (or are similiar to how this appears).

I think its easy to play "arm chair quarterback" and say that your product would've been either a better, more innovative, etc. product....but EE is the expert.

Having seen them just briefly, I don't understand why my one from Providence didn't make it to the judges, but I'm biased to my "baby".

Looking forward to seeing what EE does with them all.

Jason

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:03 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

The skate scepter of William Pitt can be found by searching on net. Even the color is same yellow.

I believe that's him wearing a helmet, <a href="http://skateandannoy.com/2007/03/31/self-propelled/">here</a>
I like that one.

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:25 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

The AB belt by Zhang sounds interesting, if it can bring some magic result.

Among season 1 inventions, I like Press-x garbage can, Educator and hyprRims.

Postby makeworldbetter » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:46 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Find another invention video. At youtube, search "american inventor tango" and you will see this bouncing alarm clock. Don't know how everyday Edison team would improve upon it.

It's a good product, just I don't need a strong alarm clock. Even the faintest alarm wakes me.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:17 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I have seen the season 2 episode 1 on line. And I like the AB belt concept. If the price is right, I will buy one.

seen all 12 season 2 inventions

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:09 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I have seen all 12 inventions (prototype) on line at Edison nation website. I am also a Gold member there but I don't dare to spell out what I really think of the season 2 inventions on their forum.

But I can do it here. :D I have my opinion on everyone of them

AB-belt I like the concept and I think it will be easy to build. Low cost as well. Market it a little bit and it can be a hit.

Cat jungle-gym I have my doubt on this one since I don't actually own a cat, although my mom in law has one. I think it will works on cat's front claws but not sure it works on the rares. Need to see more info.

Dog leash I won't use it, I like to walk my dog with my hand on the retractable leash. I really need that kind of control and some time the buffer zone for him and me. (Hand can extend out further than elbow).

Picture hanger I think that's a perfect example for over engineering. The control on his prototype is tedious. I really hope EE engineer team can come out with some better design.

Bag buddy Sorry, I won't use it. It's just too much trouble to bring this buddy to shopping. I would just use my hands and maybe just roll the shopping cart to my car. (What a great idea?)

Cord-X Yeah, that's a good idea. I like it and I like it a lot. But I probably would just lay cable on ground; yet I am pretty someone will use it.

Bubble machine This is really not my thing. I will pass.

Speed bandage If I operate a client or hospital then I will use the bandage thing. But not for myself or family since I believe each bandage should be in separate seal so I can be sure they are sanitized. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea and I think that's the way should be for hospitals.

Book cover Common, I have seen better book covers. And I doubt there is a big market for book cover. I used them when I was grade student, but never since.

Skate Scepter Like it. Make it with plastic to save weight and use a electrical motor, many kids will use it.

Bouncing alarm clock I don't need it, but I like it a lot. Good idea.

Ping Pong It's cheaper than getting a real ping-pong table, and it's easier to keep. I think it's a good idea. Maybe will give the old ping pong game a new spin.

Postby kiskom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:11 am

kiskom
White Belt

Hello Everyone,

I appreciate your comments regarding the dog leash product. Allow me to provide you with some insight regarding the leash since I am the inventor. This exciting new product has a unique feature the “elastic band memberâ€

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:15 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I will keep my mind open and see the detail design when your episode comes out.

Postby citizen » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:55 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

I think the leash is a great idea. I'm a dog lover, but currently have cats (blame my wife and daughter and us moving into town).

Like I said before, its easy to play arm chair quarterback and think you can make it better, or how your own idea is better than the ones picked on EE, but they got picked for a reason.

I think my inventions have their value and solve problems, but if I make the show, I guarantee there be people saying "who the heck will use that?" or "my idea is better".

I'm just happy to be a part of the process as far as watching how EE takes a great idea and makes it better.

Jason
Next