FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby mojo62 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:53 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Envizion says

Or maybe you're just a monkey

I'm deeply offended :cry:

Postby Envizion » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:57 pm

Envizion
White Belt

Not a monkey like you Mojo - you're a cuttie pie :)

Postby citizen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:58 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

Don't we have anything better to do? Why don't we all go invent something?

This is verbal diarrhea, you aren't going to get the other to change their mind, your all just feeding the others fire.

Postby mojo62 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:04 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

you're a cuttie pie

I feel better now :wink:

Postby Boom Man » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:05 pm

Boom Man
White Belt

You're right but, I also don't think it is good for the site for people to have more than 1 member log-in name. There is no use for it. It clogs up the system. And the only reasons I can think of anyone doing such is mischevious.

Postby Envizion » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Envizion
White Belt

God Boom Man, you are really reading into everything aren't you?

I don't know what you mean about 2 usernames? I might have messed up when I registered. I think it took me a few tries, sorry. If you can see I didn't post on the other username is because I probably didn't even know I had that one. That was an honest mistake...haha.

This is actually a very active forum that I am finding out here. Pretty cool.

When I said that Whazman was attacking me, I meant he was calling me names like pet and suck up. I think that's way worse than a lurker. That's just someone who looks at a forum but doesn't post.

He started a negative thread and the only thing that can ever come of a negative thread is negativity!

I just took offense to some of the things that he was saying and I was voicing my opinion on it like everyone else.

If someone makes a valid point, I will accept it.

I think Whazman got bent out of shape when DC showed him that Edison did have a team to help him and I think he was mad at that and that's what started it all.

At any rate, it really should be about the issues and not about name calling.

The whole beauty contest thing that he was saying can't be true or else every contestent on EE would look like a model wouldn't they?

Postby Envizion » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Envizion
White Belt

Tell me how to delete it... I just don't know how.

Postby Whamzam » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:28 pm

Whamzam
White Belt

Roger,

As you said:

Yes, they turned down those with finished products since their show premise is showing the viewer the from raw idea to the finished product. You can't show that path on a product that is finished and ready for the shelf.

So why don't they tell these inventors that up front instead of wasting their time? It's just so they can get some footage to make the show more interesting..... (hence, they use people for their own profit)

It takes time and money for these inventors to fly somewhere, rent a hotel room, and in many cases, have their product shipped to the general destination because their product is not practical to carry on a plane, then they most likely have to rent a car.

So why can't they be honest? The way they are doing it is intentionally misleading for their video footage. They need to say up front that they are only looking for the most amature of inventors with nothing but a concept that their team can improve, design, and develop to get credit for helping an inventor from start to finish...

They need to Quit screwing the hard working inventors who have worked out all the problems, done the research, and built the dam thing.

Postby Boom Man » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Boom Man
White Belt

Whamzam,

This is an interesting and true point you brought up:

All you need is just 1 sneaky or disgruntled employee that sweeps your invention into his pocket; Later, you see your invention on a shelf at Wal-Mart, the sneaky employee claiming he is the inventor.

At least with the patent office, the U.S. Dept. of Commerce can order an investigation if a patent examiner or other employee at the USPTO "suspiciously" comes up with a similar invention to an inventors submitted. You have no recourse with a private company such as this Edison business.

They swept their camera across some of their staff in one of those episodes. Looks to me like they have alot of shady characters and young punks on their staff.

I feel that it would be important for inventors to know that when they submit an invention to EN, that they are taking a risk. I mean what happens to these submissions, and who views them? What do they do next with it? What security features do they have that they make sure everything not used is properly shredded if printed? How many people on the staff view the submission? Who has access to these submissions? Do they do background investigations on all employees who may have access to the invention?

They are getting people to submit unprotected inventions, then perhaps have no or inadaquate security, and no recourse available to an inventor who sees his invention on the market 2 years later without his/her name associated with it.

inventing

Postby Roger Brown » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:46 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Whamzam and Boom Man you both are making a point that can be asked of any major company you send your invention. Using your scenario what is to stop a emplyee at the patent office to make a copy of an application give it to a neighbor, come up with a better version and have them send it to a company. Then if licensed pay them under the table a portion of the profit.
What is to stop the janitor at any major company from seeing your idea and doing the same thing? You are at risk no matter where you send your idea. What is there to stop the post office worker that sees the Edison Nation or Patent office address on your package from not delivering your package and using your written material or prototype? If you checked I doubt there is any company that has a vault made specifically to house your idea.
You are at risk any time your idea leaves your hands. The only way to prevent any of this is for you to hand carry your idea through the company from person to person so you know who saw it. How many people have the time or wealth to do that?
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.
PreviousNext