FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby Whamzam » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:24 am

Whamzam
White Belt

. Because many reasons make the risk substantially greater or lesser depending on the circumstances. For one thing, I already pointed out:

“At least with the patent office, the U.S. Dept. of Commerce can order an investigation if a patent examiner or other employee at the USPTO "suspiciously" comes up with a similar invention to an inventors submitted. You have no recourse with a private company such as this Edison business.â€

Postby Roger Brown » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:46 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

WHAMZAM
BECAUSE OF THE LENGTH OF YOUR POST I ADDED MY RESPONSES IN CAPS.

Because many reasons make the risk substantially greater or lesser depending on the circumstances. For one thing, I already pointed out:

“At least with the patent office, the U.S. Dept. of Commerce can order an investigation if a patent examiner or other employee at the USPTO "suspiciously" comes up with a similar invention to an inventors submitted. You have no recourse with a private company such as this Edison business.â€
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby Whamzam » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:45 pm

Whamzam
White Belt

So then what you are saying is that you don't need to protect your invention. And you don't believe that inventors need to worry about any security details.

Gee, I just saw that movie Flash Of Genius... If Mr. Kearns thought anything like you, he would never have gotten that $ 30 some-odd Million dollar payout for IP theft.

What you are saying directly contradicts the advice of every single patent attorney you could probably muster up. (Except those tied to EN). The magazine Inventors Digest had been telling people for years: Protect your invention, protect your invention, protect your invention) and always leaned toward patent protection (UNTIL NOW, they are in bed with EN, so anything goes).

I wonder what sneaky scams you may be up to, by advocating to inventors not to worry about protecting their inventions.

You may be somewhat of an expert about bringing little inventions to market, but you are definately not a security expert. Your methods may have worked for you because they are little miniscule products that nobody cares to mess with. Wherein there probably wouldn't be enough room for 2 or more manufacturers in the market anyways. But if you have serious inventions that could change the world, or make huge profits, I doubt it would work.

But if you are selling something, you shouldn't get involved in threads like this. I'm here strictly to help the inventor community as a whole, not sell anything.

Re: Everyday / EdisonNation Gone Unchallenged

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:13 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Whamzam wrote:
Of course, all of this may be just my opinion. But legitimate points that, sine nobody else seems to have challenged this machine, need to be surfaced.

I like what you said in your first post. I don't think there is anything perfect for all inventors. Some like this one, some like others better.
I just happen to like EN and feel its platform is very useful for me. Maybe someone else would like Davison or InventBay better.

I don't remember anyone at EN officially encouraged people not to protect their ideas. In fact EN has a attorney team. Where is this mis-concept came from?

inventing

Postby Roger Brown » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:55 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Whamzam, if you look at what I posted I did not say you can't protect your invention. I am saying according to your statements about EN those same statements could be used on any company you send your idea too. Any company can be compromised.
You refer to the patent office as the holy grail where nothing can go wrong and there are so many checks and balances that any mistakes will get caught. All I am saying is that if humans are involved bad deeds can happen no matter what barriers are in place.
You have the worst case of conspiracy theory and paranoia I have seen in a while. The way you talk EN is outside everyones house right now in a van eavesdropping on them hoping to get their ideas so they can steal them.

You make comments about my inventions (which I am not afraid to post) not being world changing yet you won't post a link so we can see yours. Do your inventions meet the criteria for changing the world?

Postby Boom Man » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:53 am

Boom Man
White Belt

Everybody,

^^^ You need only look in the archives of all the American Inventor threads. Remember what everybody was saying when American Inventor first came out? Oh, it was the bomb! Everybody was praising it, and the producers all day long. I remember when this site actually was called "American Inventor Spot".

At first, there was only a few disenters. And nobody liked hearing what they had to say. By the time Season 2 came around, nearly half of the inventors felt the same way. And now, look what everybody thinks about it... Just look in the archives, from when the show first started until the final threads.
You can see the progression toward the views of the original disenters.

I rest my case.

Roger,

I first thought you were going to have an intelligent conversation or even debate. But I see who you are now. You are sneaky, with an original intent of snake style stabbing. Otherwise, you wouldn't go out of your way trying very hard to dismantle every single item that me or Whamzam says. If it was about having a sincere debate or disagreement, you wouldn't itemize every single thing.... A few points here and there maybe. But a meticulous disecting of every single sentence, makes it obvious where you are coming from.

On the one hand you say:
HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEWS STORIES OF THE POSTAL WORKER WHO DIDN’T DELIVER HIS MAIL ROUTE ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS BECAUSE HE WAS TIRED THAT DAY AND DIDN’T FEEL LIKE IT.

Then you hypocritically turn around and accuse Whamzam of being paranoid. And the fact is, you left out the fact that none of those pieces of mail were registered or Express Mail (Which everybody uses to send patent applications anyways).

WHAT DOES AGE AND A BACKGROUND CHECK HAVE TO DO WITH IT.

Oh, so according to your theory, they may as well not even do background investigations on people of public trust. Let's just do away with investigating police officer applicants....

[quote]CLINTON HELD THE HIGHEST OFFICE IN THE U.S. LIED, CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, AND ASKED FOR A DEFINITION OF THE WORD “ISâ€

inventing

Postby Roger Brown » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:19 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Boom Man you and Whamzam are each attacking anyone that disagrees with you on any topic.

Boom Man wrote :
I first thought you were going to have an intelligent conversation or even debate. But I see who you are now. You are sneaky, with an original intent of snake style stabbing. Otherwise, you wouldn't go out of your way trying very hard to dismantle every single item that me or Whamzam says. If it was about having a sincere debate or disagreement, you wouldn't itemize every single thing.... A few points here and there maybe. But a meticulous disecting of every single sentence, makes it obvious where you are coming from.

Now you are troubled that I tried to answer each point that Whamzam was making. You said that you thought I was here to debate the issues. If you look at a debate that is exactly what I am doing by responding to your and Whamzams points. If I failed to respond to one of your points you would then claim that I am trying to avoid answering them. You can't have it both ways.

If you would look at the hundreds of posts I have made here I have always said that the Inventor needs to do their homeowrk prior to spending money on an idea that may not be marketable. You don't need to jump on the invention submission band wagon and spend thousands protecting an idea that if you did some homework first you would see has little or no potential to get to market.

I agree with your assessment of American Inventor. If you look at my previous posts you will see I stated that they were only interested in the sob story, not the invention or Inventor.

Postby Envizion » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:57 am

Envizion
White Belt

Whazman & Wingman -

You call Roger sneaky, but it's really the two of you.

You all know who Roger Brown is and what he's accomplished and he doesn't hide it and is very proud of it. We all know who EE/EN is and what they're all about too. I have nothing to hide I'll tell you who I am and anything you want to know. Yes I am new to inventing and having brought anything to market and never claimed to have had done so.

So there you have it, everyone is up front and honest...well except Whazman and Boom Man of course.

What is it exactly that you've brought to market you guys??? Please share because you're so up front and honest right?

I want to know why you are so arrogant and cocky about the inventing world...what novel creations have you brought into this pathetic world of ours??? Surely it must be a cure for cancer the way you brag about your knowledge and accomplishments.

You've put down EE/EN, you've put me down, and now you're putting Roger down. That is easy because you know what we've done.

Let's SEE what you've done so that we can judge and criticise!

Or, maybe we'll all be blow away and become your followers and you can show us all the way.

Should be fun right?

Patrice

Postby Whamzam » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:49 am

Whamzam
White Belt

[quote]“You make comments about my inventions (which I am not afraid to post) not being world changing yet you won't post a link so we can see yours. Do your inventions meet the criteria for changing the world?â€

inventing

Postby Roger Brown » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:04 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Whamzam I agreed with your analogy prior to you making judgements about my intentions and inventions. I am open to criticism, but you don't want an equal playing field hiding behind the statements below. Anyone who wants to contact me can and does. I get over 100 emails daily. Most are asking for help/advice. Some are only wanting to criticize. I try to answer all emails I receive the same day. That is part of the challenge of being open with what you do. If you want people to take your advice seriously you shouldn't be afraid to have people know your inventions or your name. I would think you would be proud to showcase your world changing inventions.

Thus, if I supplied such info,
1. Anyone could determine who I am by a cross reference patent search.
2. That wouldn’t be necessarily a good thing because there are obviously people here that would be interested in damaging the reputation of the products anyway they can.
PreviousNext