FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby Sonnette2002 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:00 pm

Sonnette2002
White Belt

I am so glad that everyone is enjoying EE. This has been a wonderful experience for me and my family to finish what my Dad had started. I am the daughter of John Murtagh who invented the mortar mixing hoe. k/n/a The Original Murtagh. Thanks to everyone at Bouncing Brain Productions and Enventys for making all this possible. It is very nice to find a website like this.

Postby pktwatch » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:27 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Sonnette2002 wrote:I am so glad that everyone is enjoying EE. This has been a wonderful experience for me and my family to finish what my Dad had started. I am the daughter of John Murtagh who invented the mortar mixing hoe. k/n/a The Original Murtagh. Thanks to everyone at Bouncing Brain Productions and Enventys for making all this possible. It is very nice to find a website like this.

Welcome Sonnette2002 I am enjoying EE and your dad's story.

Butch

Postby Michelle » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:43 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Hi and welcome.

Thanks for the kind words.

If you like our website and want others to be able to find it, I hope you and every other inventor who enjoys our site will please go vote for us for us for best blog.

The details are here and we only need a few more votes in some of the categories to be in the top X so please, register and vote for us.

http://inventorspot.com/vote_inventorspot

Michelle

Postby tdog » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:05 pm

tdog
White Belt

phester, Sonnestte2002,

Out of curiosity...in the forums here somewhere Luis foremen mentions that they spend about 400k on each invention. Does this seem apparent..do they show you how they distribute the spending? Do you have any say in how things are done? Do you get to interact with any of the other inventors, or not until the end? ANy other insider info would be great to know..your experience story...i'm curious ;)

tdog

Postby phester » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:14 am

phester
White Belt

I can only speak for our personal experience. I've not seen a breakdown of the spend, but I don't doubt that they've spent hundreds of thousands. If you look at where ours started and how it looks today, it's easy to see that they've invested lots of effort and dollars to improve both its looks and functionality.

We've provided feedback and suggestions - particularly on the go to market approach but in the end all the decisions are up to the Bouncing Brains Productions team.

From time to time we've met some of the other inventors when they were in the office to film, but we didn't meet most of them until the premier. It was really fun to share stories.

If you make it to the show, you'll get to work with some really wonderfully talented people. As far as I'm concerned it's a much better deal than if you win American Inventor. On that show, you get money but not everyone is invested in your success - with EE, everyone has the same goal and I prefer having the expertise and enough money behind us than to have only the money and a bigger TV audience.

I'm just ready for us to start shipping!!

phester

Postby tdog » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:36 pm

tdog
White Belt

phester,
thank you for sharing your experience! It sounded great and is an extra scoop of inspiration besides the show to hear about.

What was the duration of the filming...i recall in one of the episodes the Wings holder people said the process was 18 months of filming until the end whihc is great, but knowing tv shows, they like to rush things, but from that statement, it sounded very steady and paced.

Did you become good friends wiht the other contestants after the show? Did you get to meet anyone from the 2nd half of the show, 1B?

Postby Sonnette2002 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:53 pm

Sonnette2002
White Belt

It was a long process. When we went to the casting call, it was in June 2005. They were very thorough on the development process. We had no idea that it would take as long as it did but I am very glad that they didn't rush this. No corners were cut. To be honest with you, we didn't meet any of the other inventors until we went to the premier in DC. The other Inventors are really nice, down to earth people. It was a pleasure meeting all of them.

Postby Ben Tex » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:56 pm

Ben Tex
White Belt

Is there any indication as to when and where the season 3 auditions are going to be, or be announced?

Postby Sonnette2002 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Sonnette2002
White Belt

I know that they have already done casting calls for season 3. But not sure about season 4. I would keep checking back to www.everydayedisons.com for more information

Everyday Edisons -YouTube

Postby DCinNC » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:05 pm

DCinNC
Yellow Belt

Everyday Edisons has finally made its way on youtube.com...due to the distribution rights PBS obtains, Everyday Edisons episodes cant be posted on youtube...BUT...un televised segments will be posted on youtube...right now we have posted the video that was played at the Washington D.C premiere...It showcases season 1 from start to finish. Due to its length it’s broken into 4 parts. Enjoy the videos and check back for more to come. Leave comments on the channel if you enjoy what you see. Go to:

www.youtube.com/everydayedisons

P.S.....Look for casting calls for Season 3 later this year.
PreviousNext