FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

youtube everyday edisons

Postby tdog » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:30 pm

tdog
White Belt

Love the youtube channel!
Now everyone can watch it anywhere and anytime.
Can't wait for the rest of the episodes to launch!

Postby Ben Tex » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:56 am

Ben Tex
White Belt

phester & sonnette,

There were a few references in the recaps to the belief that the inventors had a shot at getting rich off their inventions. Do you believe the terms of the agreement with Bouncing Brain allows for this?

Postby phester » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:31 am

phester
White Belt

Getting rich is all tied to sales ..... so if it hits the market like we hope, then I have my fingers crossed that we'll do well. The nice thing about this arrangement is we all want the same thing - we all have the same goal to make the product successful in the market. If it sells well, we all win.

Re: phester

Postby phester » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:56 am

phester
White Belt

It did take a while to get this far. We auditioned for EE in June 2005. We were one of the first 5 in line for the first audition. For us some things moved very quickly - like filing the patent. We were up against the one year deadline to file for our patent, so we moved very quickly in the beginning. Then we had a scrapbooking celebrity who had seen our "ugly blue binder" prototype through a friend want to include the product in an article at a top scrapbooking magazine. This also meant we were on the fast track for a bit because we needed a web site available to take pre-orders in order to be in the magazine. But then we hit some engineering challenges and that's when it felt like it slowed down. In reality it only slowed down for us as the inventors, the EE gang was still quite busy, we just didn't see all the gory details until they had it pefected.

We had the same experience that we didn't get to meet most of the inventors until the premier and everyone was great. The highlight was meeting Chuck in the office one day when we were filming. I played Twister when I was little - it was so cool. He's the nicest most down to earth guy. It was truly a thrill. All the gang at EE are good people. If you make it on, it will be a fun ride.

tdog wrote:phester,
thank you for sharing your experience! It sounded great and is an extra scoop of inspiration besides the show to hear about.

What was the duration of the filming...i recall in one of the episodes the Wings holder people said the process was 18 months of filming until the end whihc is great, but knowing tv shows, they like to rush things, but from that statement, it sounded very steady and paced.

Did you become good friends wiht the other contestants after the show? Did you get to meet anyone from the 2nd half of the show, 1B?

Visit

Postby DCinNC » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:26 pm

DCinNC
Yellow Belt

Who has visited youtube.com/everydayedisons?

Any comments on the videos?

Re: Visit

Postby pktwatch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:14 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

DCinNC wrote:Who has visited youtube.com/everydayedisons?

Good to know it is on youtube......I missed the first epsode. I will try to catch it later.

Butch

Re: Visit

Postby tdog » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:56 pm

tdog
White Belt

DCinNC wrote:Who has visited youtube.com/everydayedisons?

I really like the videos, especially the "blooper","stress relief" extras that were just added. The show itself is great, but much like any other documentation, it's always nice to see the "fun" blooper stuff mixed into the series... think Mythbusters.. they mix it up well, some seriousness, and a bunch of bloopers in the mix to make educating and watching fun...mr science style! After watching the blooper reels, it really gave me a better understanding of what the inventors experienced while meeting the team!

It's a bit early to critic what else should be done, but my quick 2 cents:
- the extra short bloopers, bonuses, the extra dvd stuff...keep em coming! The more personality that can be seen not just about the show, but the people involved, the better. If the "youtube channel" can be announced briefly after each episode on TV, that would be addictive.

- instant uploads after tv episodes. Nbc, abc, and a few others make their full episodes available on their website literally a few hours after the cable broadcast happens. It's Tivo online basically which is why youtube rocks! Perhaps the episode could be uploaded along with the stuff that didnt make the cut. Reminds me of Bravos approach at tv+web shows when they announce after each TV broadcast "watch the extra footage on our website right after the show"..or even ask the team/inventors questions.

- I just checked the everyday edisons website, and there seems to me no linking to the YouTube channel. It would be cool to embed all of the youtube vids on a separate page within the Everyday Edisons url...perhaps under each invention..or based on airdates..

- Perhaps the show could have a blog with inventors thought process after each meeting. the extras. Bravo does it with all of their shows and the user base is HUGE. An invention page for each inventor would be great, showing all their episodes, sketches, decisions, bloopers, extras....

- The everyday edisons 5 second logo video...not sure why anyone would want to watch that. I'd say take it off unless it has a purpose.

thats it for now...will comment more when i actually get to see more of the tv episodes...I've seen more on youtube than on tv.

-

Youtube

Postby DCinNC » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:28 pm

DCinNC
Yellow Belt

Check out one of the engineers on Everyday Edisons experiment with aluminium and muriatic acid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UA6ncNR8TKY

Its pretty funny.

Re: Youtube

Postby tdog » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:06 pm

tdog
White Belt

DCinNC wrote:Check out one of the engineers on Everyday Edisons experiment with aluminium and muriatic acid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UA6ncNR8TKY

Its pretty funny.

keep them coming...just saw the new one with the engineers...

Will full episodes ever be online? Or will they at least air more than once on air? I know you mentioned licensing conflicts etc before, but I've really only caught 2 episodes on tv since it airs on weekend(I'm usually out of the house then)

youtube

Postby DCinNC » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:29 pm

DCinNC
Yellow Belt

Glad you enjoyed the new video...

Your right.... we cant upload episodes on our youtube channel due to distribution rights....

I'm not sure about the episodes being replayed.... you would have to check with your specific PBS...

Here is a new video for you to check out...

Crazy Senior Engineer Chris Hoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JedF68V-LSQ
PreviousNext