FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby pktwatch » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:55 am

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

I sent a email to Louis Foreman as soon as I received my letter stating that I made it as far as the top 50 asking for the market review and any other studies that they did for my product. Here is his reply, I am assuming that since email is not considered "secure" that it is OK to share.......

Butch,

Our evaluation process involves a team of individuals and patent attorneys that review your idea based on patentability, market size, and manufacturability. Your idea is then presented to a group of 42 experts who debate the merits of the product and rank it based on the other 50 in the final group. I do not have any data that exists in a tangible form that I can send to you. Each product has a champion who presents the idea. We review the audition tape again, and have the patent attorneys present their review.

As I mentioned in my last letter, we really like the idea, but there were 12 others that were a better fit for the show. Please do not be discouraged by this. You should be honored that your idea made it as far as it did.

Louis
Last edited by pktwatch on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feedback from Bouncing Brains

Postby Carmel » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:55 am

Carmel
White Belt

I thought it would be important to try to get a little feedback from the guys at Bouncing Brains, so I emailed them, asking for their evaluation of my invention. Louis Foreman sent me back a very nice email, even though I did not address it to him, but he did not get specific at all on my invention. I don't think any of us are going to get any kind of point-by-point evaluation on our inventions. Louis Foreman was very gracious and encouraging, but did not give me the input I was hoping for.

That being said, however, just trying out for Everyday Edisons took me from always wondering if my ideas had merit, to actually considering myself an inventor.

Carmel

Postby pktwatch » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:03 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

SparkBugg you now have my permission to include the Swing 'N Load in your idea website! I will be out the promoting it again!

I will post in inventions the pages here later and on many other sites. If we can all help each other maybe we can find the market for our products that we are seeking.

Butch

Postby ideastogrow » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:58 pm

ideastogrow
White Belt

Thanks for the updates everyone. I am still in the dark, waiting to hear something. Nothing in the mailbox again today. Is anyone else still waiting to hear? Can I assume that all 12 finalists have been notified? Or shall I cling to the "ignorance is bliss" and "no news is good news" theory? This is a great forum and I appreciate everyone's willingness to share information and insights. Congrats to all those who made it to the pending finalist stage. Let's keep our chin up and keep inventing.
<p>Ideas To Grow helps companies innovate new products, services and marketing concepts. Simply put, we use our creativity to bring you a harvest of brilliant ideas. <a href="http://www.ideastogrow.com/"><strong>http://www.ideastogrow.com</strong></a></p>

Postby Phillydog » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Phillydog
White Belt

ideastogrow wrote:Thanks for the updates everyone. I am still in the dark, waiting to hear something. Nothing in the mailbox again today. Is anyone else still waiting to hear? Can I assume that all 12 finalists have been notified? Or shall I cling to the "ignorance is bliss" and "no news is good news" theory? This is a great forum and I appreciate everyone's willingness to share information and insights. Congrats to all those who made it to the pending finalist stage. Let's keep our chin up and keep inventing.

Ideas,
Since I had not heard anything either I sent an e-mail to B-Brain to ask if all finalists would be notified of their fate even if they had not made the "Top 50". I will let you know if I get a response.
Phillydog

the Swing 'N Load

Postby SparkBugg » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:13 pm

SparkBugg
Yellow Belt

pktwatch wrote:SparkBugg you now have my permission to include the Swing 'N Load in your idea website! I will be out the promoting it again!

I will post in inventions the pages here later and on many other sites. If we can all help each other maybe we can find the market for our products that we are seeking.

Butch

Butch: thanks for the permission. I am always looking for Bright Ideas, and yours is definitely one. Though I happen to know you, I would be posting on the Swing 'N Load even if I didn't. Check out the post at www.sparkbugg.com.

Also, you may want to consider uploading your video to Youtube, which is so easy to do. More people will see it, and some folks are hesitant to download files from the internet. I was happy to download your clip and watch it (it was great to see it in action), but not everyone will. I can walk you through uploading to Youtube if you are interested.

-SparkBugg
Check out my blog of Ideas at www.sparkbugg.com!

Re: the Swing 'N Load

Postby pktwatch » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:49 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

SparkBugg wrote:
pktwatch wrote:SparkBugg you now have my permission to include the Swing 'N Load in your idea website! I will be out the promoting it again!

Butch

Butch: thanks for the permission. I am always looking for Bright Ideas, and yours is definitely one. Though I happen to know you, I would be posting on the Swing 'N Load even if I didn't. Check out the post at www.sparkbugg.com.

Also, you may want to consider uploading your video to Youtube, which is so easy to do. More people will see it, and some folks are hesitant to download files from the internet. I was happy to download your clip and watch it (it was great to see it in action), but not everyone will. I can walk you through uploading to Youtube if you are interested.

-SparkBugg

Feel free to advertise it all you want. I have uploaded it on youtube a long time ago......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naaszd31_u0

Thanks, Butch

EE

Postby mikebfoy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:33 am

mikebfoy
White Belt

I attended the Chicago Auditions in October and received the "top 50" letter Friday. (bummer) I have a feeling I will be corresponding with you guys again in the future.(especially the DC contingency)

See you at the next auditions and congrats to the top 50!

Postby Average Inventor » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:41 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

mikebfoy,

Sorry to hear you didn't make the cut :( Where do you plan on going from here? I hope many of us proceed with several avenues to get our idea out and on the market ourselves. That way we can report back and share how we did it with the rest of the group. Your invention might be a good fit for Evergreen IP? Or you might want to get a booth at INPEX? Did you want to manufacture them and start a business or license your idea?

Postby ideastogrow » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:19 pm

ideastogrow
White Belt

Still no letter in todays mailbox. More waiting I guess.
I wanted to put in a plug for Evergreen IP. I have been working with them for the past year & 1/2 and am very pleased with their progress and level or professionalism. They picked up one of my ideas from the 2005 Staples IQ finals. Great people to work with. They have a tough screening process to be accepted, but most likely if you made it this far for EE, you have a fair chance at moving forward with them. Good luck and best wishes to all.
PreviousNext