FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby Phillydog » Tue May 01, 2007 4:41 pm

Phillydog
White Belt

ideastogrow wrote:Phillydog,

Sorry to hear that you didn't make it. That is very impressive to have 2 making it through to final consideration. Who did you send your email status inquiry to? I think I need to send another one. I sent one earlier this week to the staffing producer and haven't heard back. Still nothing in the mailbox either. Maybe mine got lost in the mail as well. Thanks for updating us and I will let you know if and when I ever get a final word.

Ideas,
I sent one to info@bouncingbrainproductions but received no response. So after a couple of days I seached on Eventys and sent one to their contact e-mail address. I then heard from Louis Foreman the next day. Good luck, I hope that you are still in the running!
Phillydog

Postby Phillydog » Tue May 01, 2007 4:47 pm

Phillydog
White Belt

Tinerfe wrote:May you all POST the letter from Bouncing ?

Will be interesting and constructive.

Tinerfe

Tinerfe,
Here is a copy of the e-mail trail I sent and the response I received as requested:

To: info@enventys.com
Subject: EE Season 2 Auditions

Hi Mr. Foreman,
I auditioned in DC for your Season 2 Everyday Edisons. You passed both of my inventions on to final consideration. Most of the other finalist I have spoken with have heard your decision on their idea one way or the other. I have heard nothing. Will you be contacting every finalist to inform them of your decision or just the ones who made the "Top 50" or better?
Thank you,
Fred

Fred,

Thank you for the note. It was a pleasure meeting you in DC.

I am sorry that you are unsure of your current status. Unfortunately, your ideas were not chosen to move forward. A letter was sent to your home in February. I am not sure why you did not receive this letter.

Please understand that although your ideas were not chosen, this does not mean that they were not good ideas. We reviewed nearly 10,000 ideas and unfortunately, we found 25 that were a better fit for the show.

I wish you the best with your inventions.

Louis Foreman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Postby ideastogrow » Wed May 02, 2007 3:21 pm

ideastogrow
White Belt

Oh my goodness...this waiting is so hard. I don't know whether I should cling to some hope, or if everyone is in agreement that the finalists have all been selected, and have all been notified. I emailed BB and they wrote back and said that the person in charge of sending out the letters will contact me later this week. Not sure what that means as I specifically asked if all finalists had been notified and if I didn't move on. No answer to either question. The silence and waiting is really hard. I'm driving my family and myself nuts with this. Any thoughts, is everyone pretty much in agreement that the selected finalists have been notified and will be meeting with producers in DC on May 6th? That is my take from this long chain of posts. Thanks for listening, fellow inventors! I knew that some of you can understand. Good luck and God Bless to all those that did move on. Let us hear from you, ITG

Info

Postby SparkBugg » Wed May 02, 2007 3:39 pm

SparkBugg
Yellow Belt

Ideastogrow:

I can appreciate how hard it is to wait, so though I may be suggesting bad news, I figure some is better than none for you right now.

There was a 4/24 deadline to have a signed and notarized annuity agreement sent back to BB. I know at least my DC meeting with BB has been scheduled for 5/6. So, I am afraid it is not looking like you made the top 25, unless the DC finalists are being contacted earlier than the rest of them.

However, I may also ultimately not make the show, so my hope is that all the inventors out there, myself included, can have the faith and dedication to move on regardless of EE. I know I am telling myself that if I don't make EE, that will mean more money for me (than the 5/10% annuity from BB)!

Keep hope alive, EE or not.

-SparkBugg
Check out my blog of Ideas at www.sparkbugg.com!

Postby ideastogrow » Wed May 02, 2007 5:13 pm

ideastogrow
White Belt

Thanks Sparkbugg. That is my feeling as well and I think it is safe to assume that everything is wrapped up for Season 2. The producer did mention that he was leaving to go out of town tomorrow and would not be back until next week. I think that everyone who made it to the top 25 will make the show. They probably want to get everybody's reaction to the news. We will be pulling for you! Good Luck and please update us every step of the way.

Re: Info

Postby Phillydog » Fri May 04, 2007 5:17 am

Phillydog
White Belt

SparkBugg wrote:Ideastogrow:

I can appreciate how hard it is to wait, so though I may be suggesting bad news, I figure some is better than none for you right now.

There was a 4/24 deadline to have a signed and notarized annuity agreement sent back to BB. I know at least my DC meeting with BB has been scheduled for 5/6. So, I am afraid it is not looking like you made the top 25, unless the DC finalists are being contacted earlier than the rest of them.

However, I may also ultimately not make the show, so my hope is that all the inventors out there, myself included, can have the faith and dedication to move on regardless of EE. I know I am telling myself that if I don't make EE, that will mean more money for me (than the 5/10% annuity from BB)!

Keep hope alive, EE or not.

-SparkBugg

Congrats and good luck to you Sparkbugg,
We will look for you on Season 2.
Phillydog

Good news!

Postby SparkBugg » Wed May 09, 2007 9:00 am

SparkBugg
Yellow Belt

Hey all,

I made it onto Season 2 of Everyday Edisons. I am so grateful and excited.

Thanks to everyone here and their great support. I hope we all continue to pursue the American dream of invention and innovation.

FYI: To read more about the details of the announcement, go here:

http://snipurl.com/1jxt4

-SparkBugg

Postby Average Inventor » Wed May 09, 2007 10:32 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

SparkBugg,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm glad you made it all the way! Are they taking all top 25 or did they narrow it down to 12? Good Job!

12 only

Postby SparkBugg » Wed May 09, 2007 11:11 am

SparkBugg
Yellow Belt

Average Inventor wrote:SparkBugg,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm glad you made it all the way! Are they taking all top 25 or did they narrow it down to 12? Good Job!

AI, thanks much. They are taking 12 only, according to Louis Foreman.

-SparkBugg

Postby pktwatch » Wed May 09, 2007 4:12 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

CONGRATULATIONS SparkBugg!

Butch
<p>Visit my website and tell me if you like the Swing 'N Load! <a href="http://www.swingnload.com/">www.SwingNLoad.com</a> </p><p> Want to manufacture and distribute it? Contact me: <a href="mailto:Butch@Insightbb.com">Butch@Insightbb.com</a></p>
PreviousNext