FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

See some of season one's inventions....

Postby pktwatch » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:38 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Searching around tonight I found this SkyMall with 4 of season one's inventions offered for sale. I have hard something about Taco Bell buying into the wing idea?? Anyway go take a looks here: http://www.skymall.com/shopping/storede ... &perpg=ALL

To see how your idea stacks up the Season One ideas! Good luck to everyone still waiting on that call!

Butch

Everyday Edisons at AMAZON?

Postby Average Inventor » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:06 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Postby Burgie » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:26 pm

Burgie
White Belt

It is the four P's. Product, Price, Placement and Promotion. The first three are finished, and as soon as the show advertises the product. Bingo!

Standard practice.

EE

Postby mikebfoy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:00 pm

mikebfoy
White Belt

I am really impressed by the final look of the products. When I first was introduced to these items I thought they seemed a little hokey. Now that I see the finished products I see that they are far from it. I like the extra effort of including a modeled fabric in the center panels of the diaper bag. Nicely done.

edisons

Postby Roger Brown » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

I like the wing tray best out of the group. The diaper bag/changing table/bassinet weighs 6.5 lbs empty. add diapers, a couple of bottle and a 15 baby and you are handling a load. I am not sure about the all in one concept of this idea. You will have a lot of Moms with huge biceps after lugging that ting aorund awhile.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby Average Inventor » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:53 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

I would say I would like the wing thing the least. But they are all good. I have use for the scrapbooking invention the least but I'm inclined to like it the best out of the four they have for sale thus far. I haven't tried the game so who knows it might be a real winner.

WOW.

Postby SparkBugg » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:18 pm

SparkBugg
Yellow Belt

First off, I so impressed that these products are actually being manufactured and put out there. EE saying they will do all this is one thing, actually coming through is another. This show, BB, and Enventys is clearly Legit. EE could become an industry trailblazer for this documentary/marketing phenomenon.

Secondly: cool products!

I am fan of the wing tray, since I love wings. However, it may not work for me, since I go through my wings twice. First, I clear off most of the meat, then move on to the next wing. Then, once all are eaten, I go back to suck all the bones clean of tendons, sauce, and use them to finish the rest of the blue cheese (my wife thinks I can be gross...I am not going to argue with her). But then again, I could always open the tray up (i.e. remove the lid) for my round two.

Bonus: when sharing wings, this product makes it easier to keep track of how many each person has eaten (based on their side of the tray), to keep things even, without having to count bones.

Extra bonus: hide your nasty used napkins and wet naps in the tray.

Bonus Potential: marketing to restaurants, with logos and colors being personalized.

Though wings are typically ordered by the dozen, the extra grooves could be used for carrot and celery sticks. I also thought it would be cool if a blue cheese cup was integrated, but have realized more and more lately that each person should have their own little condiment cup of their sauce of choice (some heretics choose ranch dressing, I have heard), since double dipping is so common.

What a great product. 1.4 billions wings annually? I smell a money-maker. Now someone needs to invent fat-free buffalo wings so my wife can't give me a hard time with my favorite guilty pleasure.

SparkBugg
Check out my blog of Ideas at www.sparkbugg.com!

Postby pktwatch » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:14 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Have you guys heard the news..........instead of the 7 inventors that we have been talking about for season it seems that there will be 14! It looks like they are splitting the season into 2 parts, 7 inventors in the first part and 7 new ones in the second part!!!

You know what this tells me..........the 25 finalist that they are talking about for season 2 may all be on the show! All my opinion, I have no way of knowing if this is really true or not.......

I stumbled on this news story tonight showing 2 women who will be on the show. I guess they are in part 2 of season 1 because I have not heard of them until now. They invented a new type stroller and it looks great! There are more surprises.......It seems up until the show airs the inventors will not know if their invention will be a success or not. Here is a quote for the story:

We don't know anything'

As the series begins, Lynn and Karen don't know if their idea will work -- and if it will make it to store shelves. It's that "if" that generates the drama of "Everyday Edisons." The anticipation drives them nuts.

"We don't know anything," says Lynn, as she waits in the studio for an afternoon of taping. "I think that's the mode of the show, to keep us unprepared. They bring us in and show us how things are going and get our reactions, which haven't always been good."

Today, a Wednesday in early April, the two have come to get a first glimpse of the design picked for the stroller. They'll also learn the name and logo.

Both looked worried. The last time they came to the studio, engineers unveiled a wood and metal prototype that resembled an electric chair. Lynn and Karen were so horrified they referred to it alternately as "Caveman Stroller" and "Silence-of-the-Lambs Stroller."

"We have been waiting four years for this and it's very surreal," says Lynn, swinging her arms. "I'm afraid I'll hate it and there's nothing I can do about it, since we signed over our rights."

Their wildest dreams

In their wildest dreams, this stroller will make them rich. Their husbands will retire, their five children will make it to college, and they'll go on vacation without penny-pinching."There is some ego involved, too," says Karen, "when I think of how it would be for people to buy strollers that we made as best friends. There would be something so cool about that."

A half-hour later the two are ushered into an office with a young product designer who has made countless decisions without their input. His sleek, multi-colored rendering of their dream is flashed up on a big-screen monitor. Then, two cameras home in for reaction.

Lynn and Karen, for perhaps the first time in 27 years, seem at a loss for words.

"Wow," says Lynn. "Wow."

And here is the link: http://charlotte.com/505/story/93367.html

Good Luck All!

Butch