FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderator: Scrupulous

INVENTOR FOUNDATION

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 8

Inventor Foundation

Postby Anonymous Inventor » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:46 pm

Anonymous Inventor
White Belt

I think that the Think Tank should create a INVENTORS FOUNDATION,
to attract New Multi-Million Dollar LOTTERY WINNERS & other Investors to this website so that they can Invest in some of the Great Inventors & there Inventions.

Re: Inventor Foundation

Postby Scrupulous » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:33 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Anonymous Inventor wrote:I think that the Think Tank should create a INVENTORS FOUNDATION,
to attract New Multi-Million Dollar LOTTERY WINNERS & other Investors to this website so that they can Invest in some of the Great Inventors & there Inventions.

Hey, I think that's a solid idea.

Postby Michelle » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:03 am

Michelle
Black Belt

So, the idea is the everyday inventors got together at InventorSpot.com to create non-profit foundation that helps inventors make their inventions a reality? Really great idea. ...and great press story.

Get donations from various folks, including donations from inventors on our site (for small dollars that together mean a lot)..we would need someone to actually work on doing this. Maybe look for companies to donate for the cause.

Perhaps our super creative types can brainstorm for way to get funding like the million dollar pixel page or one paper clip for a house type viral fundraiser?

Perhaps they start by having a contest once a year to pick top candidates? Maybe with the contest leading up to National Inventor's Day in October?

Have everyone vote at InventorSpot.com for the winners.

Give out the grants, with moral obligation that if they are successful, will promise to donate at least twice as much back to the foundation, so that more and more inventors every year can get funded?

If you guys can figure out the general details, we'd be happy to work with you in creating the Inventor Foundation (although I personally like the name InventorSpot.com Foundation. :)

Now, this sounds like a story worthy of Donny's and Oprah's time.

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:47 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

we will do our best to send Michelle on TV! :D

Now seriously, I think if our Think tank does reach to a level of success and has some capability, we should have a way to help individual investor in their inventing process.

Postby Michelle » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:53 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

No, not me on TV..the inventors. :)

This would be cool if we could figure out how to do this. The thing I find to be the challenge is how to get the money in a fun and creative way.

Yes, asking rich folks to help could be one way, advertising sponsors another, but as inventors, can you all not come up with a fun, catchy, attention getting way to do this possibly?

There's your challenge folks. :)

Invention/Inventor

Postby Anonymous Inventor » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:08 pm

Anonymous Inventor
White Belt

I am not the Lawyer type or know the legal system.

I don't know how to do it myself.

I do know that it would have to be a Foundation, not a Charity.

The lead members would also have to be able to qualify for Federal Grants.

Foundation

Postby inventor-x » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:44 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

Michelle I hope this sounds good to you?

ISpot.com/Ivention Development Foundation

Patent's Filed or Pending would be Eligible for $10,000 to $50,000 dollars for prototyping depending on the Invention.

Patent's that have prototyping & are looking for Capital to Manufacture would be Eligible for $50,000 to 100,000 dollars depending on the Invention.

ISpot.com would help with the Media, Advertising & Marketing with some Retail Avenues.

I think is could be the way to get this website going!!!

Postby Michelle » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:45 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Hi Inventor X,

I could not open the link you put up. Could you repost again?

Michelle

Contest

Postby Anonymous Inventor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:19 pm

Anonymous Inventor
White Belt

Have a CONTEST like the Administrative or another member suggested, but instead of charging a $1 dollar, charge $100.00 dollars.

This website has over 1500+ Members now & with some Financial Backing this website of Inventors could make for some Great Media Stories.

How many members do you think would really show-up?
How many new members would sign-up?

One of the Patent Lawyers from this website could setup Michelle as the Leader of the Inventor Foundation.

After creating the Inventor or Invention Foundation get a Good Grant Writer & get Federal Grants for Research & Development for Inventor's trying to Solve Problems.

Somebody on this website has to know somebody like a Celebrity/Famous person that would like to sitdown at a Inventor/Invention Foundation Meeting.

Maybe be a Judge & pick-out the New Invention.

If InventorSpot.com does the Legal Paperwork & has a Celebrity/Famous person lined-up to assist with a Contest, this website will get Media Attention.

Pick a date & a place that is cheap, easy to get to, full of Celebrities/Famous people & an easy place to get Media Attention.

I vote for ~ Las Vegas

I just hope that somebody on this website has a Great Invention to show OFF & a Great Story to Tell!!!

funding

Postby Roger Brown » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:09 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

I think this is a great idea. I know this is a work in progress so I have a couple of questions to ponder.

Inventor-X wrote:

Patent's Filed or Pending would be Eligible for $10,000 to $50,000 dollars for prototyping depending on the Invention.

1. Affording the patent is large stumbling block for a number of Inventors. Plus, a large number of them are getting sucked into the non-help money pit invention submission firms that are only looking for their cash, not to help the Inventor. We might need to think of a way of assisting them prior to the patent process. No need to throw good money away on a bad idea.
Plus, just because they have a patent doesn't mean it is marketable.

2. If you are on the foundation board or in any way help the foundation does that exempt you from particiapating? You don't want it looking like the only ones getting funding are direct members.

3. There should be a required minium percentage the Inventor should give back to the foundation to keep it running for any license royalty they acquire. If you go to any agent or submission firm you will pay a percentage.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.
Next