FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderator: Scrupulous

Yes

Yes
50%
No
13%
Maybe
13%
All of the Above
25%

Total votes : 8

Flying Cars

Postby inventor-x » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:29 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

BSG

On The History Channel a program called Modern Marvels had an episode named Extreme Aircraft 2, It had a small segment about what NASA has done regarding the use of getting Air Traiffic Systems ready for Flying Cars for the Future.

Computer Systems are one thing, I understand that part.

But Physically Flying Cars are another thing.

With GPS & Computer Systems it would be Easier to get Into your Wonka Vator, Transporter or even a Time Machine to Travel than it would be to Fly a Flying Car.

I believe that will happen for the General Public before Flying Cars will.

If Flying Cars do become a Reality it will be for the RICH Elite, NOT the General Public because of all the Liabilities & Insurance reasons.

Here is a Combination of things from different Movies:

The Fly
Star Trek
The Time Machine
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
Stargate

Step Into a Wonka Vator, purge the System, Pick up the Phone & Dial where you what to go & Transport yourself to that Location.

With GPS Systems it would be like going through a Stargate being Transported like a Time Machine.

GPS Systems I think will make Transporting & Time Travel more Likely.

I also think that GPS Systems will make Space Travel through a Hypergate or Stargate more likely for man to Travel in Space to other Galaxies.
Last edited by inventor-x on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Michelle » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:29 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

I thought Lisa Zyga wrote a really terrific article on experiments with flying cars.

You can read it here
http://inventorspot.com/articles/experi ... _cars_6835

Postby key on the kite » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:29 am

key on the kite
Yellow Belt

Flying cars? Not anytime soon for the average person. Maybe after several decades, but just think of how complicated they would need to be just to hover safely. Regular cars fail in a non-dangerous way. Flying cars .. well, they can't fail safely can they?

Then there's the issue of making it so that idiot drivers won't crash into everything. I wouldn't sleep at night if I knew that only a computer program (probably ported to Windows Vista) was keeping a ton of metal and plastic out of my second floor bedroom.

Teleporting

Postby inventor-x » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

I forgot to make myself clear about Flying Cars in my last post.

Teleporting will more likely happen before Flying Cars will.

You will just have to have the following Items done before you step into a Wonka Vator.

1.) ID Chip Installed, with the following
2.) DNA - Blood, Hair & Skin Samples
3.) Retina Scan
4.) Finger Print

The Computers will figure out the rest of the other stuff - we hope!!!

I know I'm late, sorry.

Postby brack » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:50 pm

brack
White Belt

I know I'm late getting in on this "rage" issue, but here goes.

Scenerio1

"I leave for work and I've got 20 minutes. I need a cup of coffee. I've still got 16 minutes. I need to stop by the ATM. I've got 12 minutes to get to work. Okay I'm almost there, I should make it okay. Ah, crap, some moron has crashed his car into the median and now traffic is stalled. HONK. HONK. Finally! ...got past that guy and with 2 minutes to go. GET OUT OF MY WAY, YOU GRANDMA DRIVER.*#? CRAP, I'm 2 minutes late."

Scenerio2

"I leave for work and I've got 20 minutes. I wonder what my secretary would like in her coffee? I've still got 16 minutes. I should stop by the ATM, but I'll do that at lunch. Oh my, that guy just crashed his car into the median. I hope he's alright. 'Sir are you okay? Let me call for help.' Ah, crap, I'm going to be late now for sure and my secretary's coffee's getting cold. Well look at that, I'm 2 minutes late and I'm still the first one here!"

One scenerio is about "me" and one is not about "me." Which one are you? I'm about 60% Scenerio2, but part of me still calls slow drivers names under my breath. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...this was corny.
Previous