FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Houston Auditions- American Inventor Season Two

Postby DaddyMathis » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:32 pm

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

Is anyone else going to Houston this weekend? I'll be leaving in about 48hrs and I'm still tweaking my invention and working on my pitch. Looks like the weather's going to be nice for us.

Postby Average Inventor » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:58 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Good Luck! Remember, the first day of auditions are all about if you will be good for TV and not much about your invention. Don't throw out any trigger words like patent infringement, I'm normal, Viva la revolution!, ect. Well the last might get you on TV. Try to be high energy and very excited for the second judge and you need to have a good backstory. Cheers!

Postby Ben Tex » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:28 am

Ben Tex
White Belt

I'll be going. I understand the "pitch" we get to make is about 2 minutes, right?

Postby DaddyMathis » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:40 am

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

The way I understand it, the first round or two you only do an interview....and not your pitch. Is that right? But when you do give your pitch, it's supposed to be limited to 2 minutes.

Postby The Next AI » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:29 am

The Next AI
White Belt

I'll be headed to Houston on Saturday and I am freaking out trying to get all of my presentation items ready before then. I am only about 60% done with it all. I hope to make it to the finals, but just like anyone else, I could be posting to this website on Monday morning wondering what went wrong. I am excited about the opportunity and I am still in dream mode just thinking about possibilities. Good luck to all my fellow Houston competitors!

Postby DaddyMathis » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:34 am

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

You mean I'm not the only one freaking out right now? I feel better now. What time are you planning to get in line? I'm thinking around 5:30am....but I haven't SEEN 5:30am in a long time.

Postby Michelle » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:47 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Good luck with the Houston Auditions everyone. Please come back and report how you did. I am so curious to see you all going one by one to audition. It's a pretty amazing thing. I feel like a momma bird watching her chicks fly.

Since all you will be doing is standing in line talking to folks, I want each of you to bring in 5 new inventors to these forums ok? AT LEAST FIVE!! Fifty is even better.

That's your sole mission for going right, right? Right?!

Well, that and of course to be the next American Inventor. :) :)

Houston Audition

Postby Rusty8ball » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:13 am

Rusty8ball
White Belt

I'll be driving from Ft Worth on Saturday. See you guys in line early Sunday morning. Don't forget to bring some snacks. It's more than likely going to be a long wait.

Postby Ben Tex » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:20 pm

Ben Tex
White Belt

I'll be driving from San Antonio and (fortunately) staying with friends who live in Cypress. I'll see y'all there early!

HOUSTON AUDITIONS

Postby r-duck » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:09 am

r-duck
White Belt

I have one question. What was up with that crazy dancing lady?
Next