FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Anybody watch the Big Idea?

Postby Michelle » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:55 am

Michelle
Black Belt

A number of folks have mentioned what a great show The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch is. So, I thought it a good idea to create a place where people can talk about the show.
Last edited by Michelle on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby citizen » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:06 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

I record it every weeknight.

Its a great show to gain some knowledge on starting companies and getting products made and sold. Probably the only thing I don't like about the show is that there are alot of reruns...but that actual makes me believe that it would be a fairly easy avenue to get onto and get some air time.

Jason

Postby jtc6913 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:36 pm

jtc6913
White Belt

What network is it on?

jtc6913

Postby citizen » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:03 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

its on cnbc

Postby bottleslingguy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:21 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

I can only watch so much and then I get frustrated listening to all the happy rich people :x :x :x :lol: Ok so I'm a little jealous.

If you notice though, they all have a different story reenforcing the notion there is not one surefire roadmap to success. Everybody has to work with what they got and being at the right place at the right time has a lot to do with it.

The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch

Postby Tinkering Wit » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:30 pm

Tinkering Wit
White Belt

The show airs on CNBC in my area, south eastern Florida at 10:00 pm M-F on Comcast Channel 31

Postby minnesotainventor » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:32 pm

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

I am a huge fan of the show & look forward to being on it next year.

Donny...just send me an e-mail...let's talk...we can coordinate this now.

I would love to hear any recaps of the show...I would love to see links to his show. Anyone who appears on his show should be aware of this site.

Can we work with them? I'm sure Donny would like to endorse this web site. CNBC would love to get to us...we are his audience. Let me know if you need help setting this up, love to give it a shot and talk with his people.

Steve

Postby citizen » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:41 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

minnesotainventor they advertise on the show that they are looking for people for the studio audience all the time and alot of them get air time.

I've got something I'm working on, and when it gets more developed, protected, and made, I'm going to make a trip....i'm in waaaaay upstate NY about 8hrs from the city.

Here's a link the show http://www.cnbc.com/id/15838512/

They are always putting links to the people featured on their show.

You can also view clips on YouTube.

They give alot of good advice on how to approach people to carry your product, how to find ideas, how to get people to listen to your pitch, etc.

I watched one show about a product called Graffeeti http://www.graffeeti.com/, they were shoes you can write on sorta like a white board. There slogan was "Tag you're It" and Donny said he loved the product, but didn't like the slogan. I emailed the company (which is a husband and wife tea,m) and suggested they do a play on words on the Nike slogan "Just Do It". I came up with "Just Doodle It" and said if they liked it or used it, to send me a pair of shoes for my daughter...that night they emailed me for her size. Whether they use it or not, they appreciated the interest from a fellow inventor.

Jason

Postby Michelle » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:37 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

His show in produced in New York and they are looking for folks for their show, either to interview or in their audience.

You can reach Donny at donny@cnbc.com.

If anyone wants to go to his show and flash an InventorSpot.com sign or put in a good word for us, that's be fun.

Ok, ok, with too many people telling us to go approach Donny, we will have to do that. :)

As I mentioned to another inventor asking why we have not worked harder to get media attention, we're still fixing the site, trying to get it into better shape. We've made a lot of progress but we'd like to do a little bit more work on it before we go heavy on promotion. We want to be really proud of how our site is working and how it looks and build more inventor support before we approach the majors.

It's only this last month that we got our site stable and able to handle super heavy traffic. We haven't even reached 1000 in our forums yet.

If fame happens while we are getting ready, that would be awesome... but in case we need to go hunt it down, we just need a few more months to make our site a bit stronger and better.

You only get one chance to make a first impression and we'd hate for it to be YUCK. :)

Michelle

If you think we're being foolish for holding off, by all means let us know.

Contacting Donny

Postby inventor-x » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:05 am

inventor-x
Brown Belt

I recently was told to watch the show The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, plus seeing it being posted on this website to watch the show.

I would have to agree that any inspiring Inventor or Entrepreneur should watch this show to assist them with there Big Ideas.

After watching the show I decided to e-mail the show to possibly see if I could get on the show, but instead I decided it would be better to get Donny to do a segment or show about some of the Inventors on this website InventorSpot.com.

I also invited Donny to come to this website & see that we have a section dedicated to him & his show The Big Idea.

I thought it would be best to have Donny see that we are a dedicated website community trying to help & assist Inventors become Entrepreneurs with there Inventions.

I think that every inspiring Inventor that feels that they have an Invention that is worthy of Donny's time should write Donny an e-mail & they should also say that they are from the InventorSpot.com website community.

Besides Inventors e-mailing Donny, I thought it would be a Good Idea to inform & invite Donny to see first hand that InventorSpot.com is dedicated to inspiring Inventors & Entrepreneurs.
Next