FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:01 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Leslie, I think it's your personality (not to mention flattering haircut :) )

Congratulations! I would give you a royalty to pitch my product if you are interested. I'm serious.

Postby citizen » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:04 am

citizen
Brown Belt

I can't speak for her, but the three minutes she gets are too valuable to give away to anyone...even ten seconds.

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:21 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

I don't mean for her to substitute her product with mine on the show. I mean if she is interested in making some extra money by helping promote my product in some way I would pay her. Maybe some sort of partnership? She seems to have a very tv friendly personality and it shows on the tv screen. I'm not being a pervert or anything like that and didn't mean any offense by saying her haircut looked good. It looks better short than long (just my opinion). But her bubbly personality works well on tv. A diamond in the rough maybe? I'm just trying to be first in line in case she decides to turn her focus towards the promotion field. Donny's gang must've seen something because part of the show's schtick is the person and their story, not necessarily the product. It's about motivation and passion (hate that word! :lol: ). I am not tv friendly so maybe that's the only thing missing from finding success?

Postby n99269 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:54 am

n99269
White Belt

Bottleslingguy has a good point and even better idea. If people who have the ability to helps others like us get an edge on things, I'm sure the favor would be returned and collectively all could reap some reward.
I'm on board with Bottlesling....I believe the bigger picture is that somehow we can all sorta help each other in some way, shape or form.
I know I can sure use some help launching my product. GrillCharmer has already shed light on believing if she can...so can we!!!
Dude, a friendly compliment never hurt anyone.

Postby mojo62 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:08 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Grillcharmer,
Good to see you making great progress since the first time you revealed your product to us here!

Your energy and drive is a good motivator for other inventors.

Congrats on your success.

I bet you have other projects going on now too :!: :)

Oh, by the way, I'll take mine medium rare :!:
Last edited by mojo62 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby GrillCharmer » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:27 pm

GrillCharmer
White Belt

Thanks so much guys! (and not to worry... I never thought "perv" :D) I'm always glad when a guy likes my sassy "do". I like a compliment just as much as the next gal!

I do think y'all are giving me too much credit at this point to call me a "promoter". Lets wait until Tuesday and see if you still think I have the "right stuff" :D

I will tell ya what I have found to be one of the biggest things that I have done and maybe you guys are already doing it, but just in case anyone else is still in the R&D phase and hasn't really launched yet here it goes...

From the very beginning, before I even had perfected prototypes, I built my brand and pretended I was already one of the big dogs. My logo (which is one of the first things I did) is professional, my website perfect (IMO), my business cards, letterhead, envelopes, thank you cards, all logo-ed and in keeping with the brand. Even before I was a "playa" I acted like one. I'm still very much a small small small fish is a BIG OL' pond, but if you didn't know me from the boards, you really wouldn't know that. Before I really had any business calling myself a "Company" I acted like I was one and tried to be perceived as if I had already made it. Perception is reality. Adjust your perception of yourself, your brand and your product and the rest of the world will follow, and POOF it because the reality. Man... sorry about gettin all philosophical-like on y'all... I normally don't do that, but sometimes my fingers have mind of their own :lol: Anyway, that's my two cents for today. I'll be on the plane to NY tomorrow... I guess I should start figuring out what to wear huh?
<p>
Leslie Haywood, Founder and President, Charmed Life Products LLC <a href="http://www.grillcharms.com/">www.grillcharms.com</a>
</p>
<p>

</p>

attidue means alot

Postby n99269 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:41 pm

n99269
White Belt

GrillCharmer already HAS the "right stuff". The mere fact that you have the drive and passion for what you believe in is the catalyst for success. I guess it's normal for others to grant so much credit so early on but deep inside you I'm certain what you feel is extremely gratifying. You have come this far and just by reading what you posted, you have the recipe for continued success. We all ralley your efforts and I'm sure others like myself here on InventorSpot wish you luck. The genie's out of the bottle...live your dreams. The common thread we all share is that we are "thinkers and doers" and hopefuly supportive of each others' dreams..man now I' soundin' corny...must be time to go..

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:45 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Good luck.

Postby Michelle » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:38 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Good luck with the show Grill Charmer. We hope you get some amazing responses from it.

Michelle

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:32 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

HOLY CRAP!!! LESLIE'S SEGMENT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Seeing the commercial with them actually being used put it over the top.

And I'm not just saying that. I agree with the woman panelist about the packaging. The guy put his foot in his mouth by saying he didn't get it (concerning the name), yet said the packaging "did what it was supposed to do."... wrong. Packaging bad, everything else a winner. I loved Donny's adding the size of the grilling market to the equation. I don't think that guy on the left does much grilling anyway. Leslie got two thirds of the group, that's a lot of Charms. CONGRATULATIONS LESLIE!!!
PreviousNext