FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby GrillCharmer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:45 pm

GrillCharmer
White Belt

Thanks man!!! I love ya!!! It was such an awesome experience, I loved it! I know, the "guy" really didn't "get it" but he's not a griller, a person who entertains, nor a women that buys gifts for the 2 formentioned target markets, so he didn't "get it". That's okay, not everyone will, and I'm okay with that. I had sooooo much fun!!!!

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:32 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

A+ my friend.

I won't be a pain in the ass about my offer, but keep it in mind. I would like to explain something though. When I saw your submission video I could see you had short hair, but in your ISpot photo, the background is dark so it looks like you have long hair. I didn't notice until I saw the better lighting in your submission video that your hair was already short. See how much appearance counts?

Anyway... your hair looked great, body language very positive, took negatives VERY well (I lock up at that point), offered great information and defended the price with confidence and accuracy.

Postby citizen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:16 am

citizen
Brown Belt

I watched it last night too...great job! That guy was to prissy and probablly doesn't even eat meat.

I agree alot with what BSG, Donny, and the lady were saying. I think the name is fine, maybe just add a descriptive under it...but hey, you're doing great now.

I did have a couple ideas for you. Why don't you contact some steakhouses and restaurants and get them using these things? You could have them a giveaway for people when they buy a steak. Each steak would come out with a grill charm in it.

Another idea is to contact Omaha Steaks. They are big in the mail order meat industry. They could sell it on their site, or offer it to people who sell more than "X" dollars in steaks.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Jason

Postby GrillCharmer » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:22 am

GrillCharmer
White Belt

Thanks guys! Yeah, that guy was not in my target marget for sure :lol: It was just so much fun, I'm ready to get out and do it again! :lol:

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:54 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

What is it? I didn't catch the show. Is there a page on web for it? Since it's already aired.

Postby GrillCharmer » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:20 pm

GrillCharmer
White Belt

I'll try to have it on my "news" page by tomorrow. :D
<p>
Leslie Haywood, Founder and President, Charmed Life Products LLC <a href="http://www.grillcharms.com/">www.grillcharms.com</a>
</p>
<p>

</p>

Postby n99269 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 pm

n99269
White Belt

Congratulations Leslie!!
You're paving your road to success. You showed the determination to get yourself on the BigIdea and looks like there's no stoppin' ya, so keep the train rollin'. The idea is great...you will have takers. The guy on your left didn't seem too sharp for someone who is leading the Learning Annex but Donny back you as you well deserve. You showed strength with them and you have such a cute personality. As for me, I might have been a little ticked off by that guy who seemed to be kinda cold. Good job!!

Postby Work2XL » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Work2XL
Blue Belt

Great job Leslie. I also have to agree that you need more description on the packaging. I didn't really see the actual charms very well. What are the pics on them. Are they descriptive on flavors, characters, ect?
Another possible concern is the price if men are a future target market you would want to capture. I would suggest two quality breaks. One upscale for your price point or even a bit higher maybe in a wooden case. And one not as polished parts in a cheaper case around the $8-$12 range. This would open up another target without having to do much to open it up.
Another concern is liability. I can see this going bad in a big way if someone forgets to take it out of the hamburger or turns the hamburger upside down on the plate and your charm is on the bottom. I hope you have a lot of liability coverage.
(Remember Einsteins quote: "Only two things are infinite. The universe and people's stupidity.")

Randy

Postby n99269 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:27 pm

n99269
White Belt

Another idea is to sell these during specialty events like the Super Bowl, NBA Play-offs, World Series, etc. and you can use the teams names on the top of the Charms. Just a thought, but then you can open them up more to the male market.

Postby GrillCharmer » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:50 pm

GrillCharmer
White Belt

Thanks guys! For pics of the charms you can see them on the website to get a better idea. My thoughts behind my packaging as far as the graphics were:

I wanted a very clean, simple package that was interesting enough for a customer to pick up. Once the customer picks up the product off the shelves, all of the sides and the back make it perfectly clear exactly what they are and how they are used. My pie in the sky dream is to get into William Simona so I studied the look and feel of other products that store carries, and most of them are clean looking, sleek packages which is what I have modeled mine after. With PR efforts, I hope that soon when people see the word "Grill Charms", they will know exactly what they are. (Also, full color graphics increases my cost per unit substantially).
<p>
Leslie Haywood, Founder and President, Charmed Life Products LLC <a href="http://www.grillcharms.com/">www.grillcharms.com</a>
</p>
<p>

</p>
PreviousNext