FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderator: citizen

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:12 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

:lol: Steve that was funny.

I used to go to HalfBakery but lost interest in it real quickly. I went to one other briefly for a contest... what the hell was the name??? Explored a couple parenting sites to get opinions but this one has been my exclusive site. I don't know why, but when InventionUnderground and here were starting up it could have been a toss up, but this one I stuck with (not to mention the guy Mark was a major tool and would edit your posts or remove them). I think it was the freeness of the invention gallery that made me loyal here.

You tube has a new feature that updates your activity if you choose to show it, it's pretty cool. I think the activity monitor idea is a very good one. How can we make one unique to this place, be relevant, and not just a bell and whistle?

Postby Michelle » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:02 am

Michelle
Black Belt

minnesotainventor wrote:My thought is make it more inviting for more members...lets get a million or so...then the other numbers should go up as well.

I stopped belonging to a site over two years ago that I signed up for. They sent me a nice e-mail inviting me to come back and visit. I thought that was nice. Can we send something nice to those 7,000 members and ask them we would like to hear from them...we would like to have them in our discussions. If not...let's send them some spam! J/K

Sincerely,
Steve Stark
Inventor who would never resort to sending spam.

I really like the idea.
In January, Roger is going to FINALLY upgrade the forums to fix things and get in some features we've all been asking for. Maybe once that is done, it will be a good time to invite people again.

Thanks for the tip Steve.

Postby Michelle » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:03 am

Michelle
Black Belt

One idea that I really like is for those of you who do not have a website, to add ours as your home site in any forums or sites you visit.

It helps our link rankings and may bring in some traffic to the site as well.

Postby Michelle » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:06 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Last thought for the day....

The forums are showing all registered users of the site ...Roger just told me. So that is why the forums are not showing the traffic and posts that 7000 folks would have.

There are folks that just post in the comments on our various articles. Roger said he will try to fix it in the next version so we can get a more accurate count.

Michelle

Postby MOPAR78 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:16 am

MOPAR78
Blue Belt

Ahhh!!! That makes sense!!

Postby inventor-x » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:15 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

Don't get me started :)

Inventors Foundation :?:

InventorSpot.com Store :?:

Hi Michelle, I'm glad to hear we will be Improving the website :lol:

Postby inventor-x » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:07 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

2 days left before the end of the year for 2008.

7,900+ members.

InventorSpot.com needs less than 100 new members to make 8,000 for 2008 :lol:

Sorry Michelle we didn't make 10,000 this year :cry:

Postby Michelle » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:54 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

8000 is a shocking number in and of itself so not a regret if we don't make 10,000.

Happy New Years to everyone. We hope this new year brings you many blessings and wonderful ideas.

Michelle

Postby Sunny » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:56 am

Sunny
Yellow Belt

Hi,

I believe that one of the most meaningful ways of substantially increasing traffic on this site is to provide a means for inventors / members of progressing up the food chain, by providing a mechanism for using this site as a springboard for having their invention evaluated, financed, produced and marketed by lawful, honest and ethical firms by tying up with VC funds, PE funds, Manufacturers, designers etc etc, who would be willing to contribute to this site by giving their inputs.

If not this site would in my humble opinion, remain a very good debating society, like the UN.

The biggest problem apart from the process and cost of getting a patent is to finance it. It is extremely difficult to identify firms, who would be interested and willing to evaluate and finance an invention, from a patent to marketable product.

Sunny

Postby inventor-x » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:12 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

1,000+ new members in less than a month :lol:
PreviousNext