FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

FAQ: How much can I modify a filed patent application?

Postby 5letgazdag » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:36 pm

5letgazdag
White Belt

I announce an idea into the office. I did not obtain the patent yet. A how large a modification is it possible to execute before the yielding of the patent?
More richly: I prepare the patent announcement. Not a professional patent agent. is found because of this that not correct what I hand in into the office. formally and textwise not correct. It is necessary to modify it because of this. A how large a change is it possible to modify?

Postby Scrupulous » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:42 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

You can change it as much as you need, as long as you don't try to add new material.

Keep in mind that your drawings can often divulge the entire concept to someone skilled in the art of your invention. But, whatever you have written needs to be technically sound, and should not be taken lightly.

Postby 5letgazdag » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:09 pm

5letgazdag
White Belt

Is not to prepare enough monies of prototype.if I do the patent. It lightens up later it is necessary to change some important one then how I make this?it is necessary to write everything down punctually in the patent. It I should try it in order to write everything down punctually,that works in that manner as I believe it. But I cannot try it. Then how long?

Postby Scrupulous » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:35 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

If you are developing new features, which could be considered a big part of your invention and they were not included with your application, then it may be very diificult to include them later.

It sounds like your project may not have been completed yet. If the filing date for your patent application is critical, then you probably want to handle it carefully.

Postby 5letgazdag » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:13 pm

5letgazdag
White Belt

That is the problem. I do not have so much money that let me prepare a prototype like that based on what I can create the patent. I am compelled to him that let me prepare a patent first and then prototype. Only a big-big firm would be able to do the prototype for who there are a lot much of his money.
I do not teach a firm my idea while I do not have a patent announcement.

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:51 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

I hear what you're saying...

...and in some cases, it's best to take a step forward, even if that means filing for a patent.

I would have someone else take a look at your patent application, just in case. The last thing you want to do is waste the money you already paid to the patent office, by not responding to them properly.

Postby 5letgazdag » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:45 am

5letgazdag
White Belt

I say thank you for the help. I visit a patent agent. May an American resident not initiate a patent in America anyway?

Postby Scrupulous » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:35 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

No, a non-citizen may file a US patent application on his own, if he chooses to do so. But, there is quite a bit to know (and laguage barriers don't make it any easier).

...and you're welcome.

Postby 5letgazdag » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:05 pm

5letgazdag
White Belt

I was at a patent agent. I found it out what I wanted.
With a word then if I am not an American citizen I may not announce a patent in America?
(Apology that I ask about it again. I am not top notch in English. Translator I use a program what is not perfect)

Postby Scrupulous » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:30 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

When you say 'announce'...if you mean 'file for' a patent in America, then yes you may do that even though you are not an American citizen.
Next