FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Re: Utility Apps can be continued as Design Apps

Postby JoeWaisman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:08 pm

JoeWaisman
Green Belt

For my own benefit, when I come back and read this thread:

I lost the link but it appears that having actual reduction to practice makes obtaining a patent easier in some cases. For example a perpetual motion machine would be denied as a matter of common sense. If someone had an actual PMM though, and it had been vetted by skilled observers its utility would become acceptable. The implication was also that this would assist with the disclosure and educational value a patent provides.

Postby Levi Porter » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

This may not be the best place to say thanks, forgive me, I am busier than usual lately.

Anyway, I would like to thank ISPOT. It is an awesome place to learn and obtain valuable information that can be otherwise time consuming, expensive, or very challenging.

I would also like to thank Scrupulous. The volume of quality information he has given is irreplaceable.

Postby Scrupulous » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

JoeWaisman wrote:For my own benefit, when I come back and read this thread:

I lost the link but it appears that having actual reduction to practice makes obtaining a patent easier in some cases. For example a perpetual motion machine would be denied as a matter of common sense. If someone had an actual PMM though, and it had been vetted by skilled observers its utility would become acceptable. The implication was also that this would assist with the disclosure and educational value a patent provides.

You'd think!

The key seems to be in avoiding terms like "over-unity" and "perpetual motion" and "government conspiracy" and "the aliens are winning" and...

http://www.google.com/patents/about?id= ... dq=3890548

Postby Scrupulous » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Levi Porter wrote:This may not be the best place to say thanks, forgive me, I am busier than usual lately.

Anyway, I would like to thank ISPOT. It is an awesome place to learn and obtain valuable information that can be otherwise time consuming, expensive, or very challenging.

I would also like to thank Scrupulous. The volume of quality information he has given is irreplaceable.

For my part, I say yer welcome.
Previous