FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Some questions about filing patents applications

Postby Jose » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Jose
White Belt

Hello,

Please, can some one give me some help on this?

First, to have my invention accepted for review for a company, they ask me to have a granted patent first so;

1. If I give them the filing application content could be risky to me?

2. Does the filing application content at USPTO be available to any one who request it?

3. Can give me some advice or ideas of how to proceed to fulfill the company rules?

If you could be interested of what my invention is, you may wish to go to:
http://www.best-fit-sys.com

Thanks a lot for your kind help.
Best regards.
Jose.

Re: Some questions about filing patents applications

Postby Tom C » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Tom C
White Belt

Jose,
Do you have a patent that has been issued for your invention? Many companies will not even look at a product unless it has an issued patent and that can take years. I would not submit any information to them unless you have an issued patent. The patent application can be filed with the USPTO with a non-publication request and it will not be published (available for public viewing) for 18 months. Try calling all the other manufacturers that are willing to talk to outside product developers and are willing to negotiate with you.

Re: Some questions about filing patents applications

Postby Jose » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Jose
White Belt

Thanks for your answer Tom.

No, I do not have a patent issued yet. I am planning to do a PPA or a not PPA.

I have a patent issued from an other invention that was the basics of this new concept.

I am trying to find out what could be the best way to proceed with this new concept or invention, that, I believe to be; very important and useful for automakers mainly and, of course, for all users of any gasoline vehicle, new or already on circulation. I can explain more on this if could be of some interest.

By taking my previous experience about to have patented something I am not willing to file patents any more. Yes, this is some kind of "paranoia".

By the moment, I think that the better way to go with this new technology is by means of a NDA.The not go to this is: it seams that all carmakers do not use or like such a way. So, for the moment, this is my main obstacle.

Thanks.
Jose.