FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderator: citizen

what is 'Distributer' all about?

Postby chocomocha » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:04 pm

chocomocha
White Belt

Hi, i have a invention that got posted online...
and this company from malaysia asked me they want to b my distributer...

but the thing is, my invention is still a concept, and is not yet developed into production...

wot does it mean if someone ask to b my distributer? ..

my reply, was my design is not yet ready to be release to the market! ... is this the right answer? ..

at what stage do my design reach distributer, like what is the step... from inventing an idea... introducing to company..etc..

please can someone help!! ...

Re: what is 'Distributer' all about?

Postby CriterionD » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:31 pm

CriterionD
Blue Belt

chocomocha wrote:
at what stage do my design reach distributer, like what is the step... from inventing an idea... introducing to company..etc..

please can someone help!! ...

Whenever you want, pretty much. When you feel ready to go to market, you feel comfortable with a distributor, when you reach a suitable agreement with a distributor, etcetera. What step are you currently at? What have you done to this point? Is this distributor willing to pay the expenses necessary to manufacture and market your product? Are you convinced that this invention is marketable? I could go on...

Postby chocomocha » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:00 am

chocomocha
White Belt

Hi, thanks for the reply! :)

Well, the stage im at is ... preparing a market forecast .. my invention does not have a working prototype, currently looking for funding to support it...

so do u knw wot i could b doing next... im such a newbie, i really dont knw wot to do! ...

so a distributer can help me with everything? .. im still not sure wot they are... could u help me please...