FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderator: citizen

New inventor has prototype needs advice

Postby enterthebear » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:07 am

enterthebear
White Belt

Hello I'm new to all this and need a little advise. I came up with an idea and I have a finished and working prototype, however I don't know who to go to for reputable patent help, Should I go it alone, hire a lawyer, or use an invention firm? Thanks ~DD

Re: New inventor has prototype needs advise

Postby Mr Invention » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:19 am

Mr Invention
Green Belt

DD, it is nice to see someone in this forum with an idea that actually has some money to go along with the idea. I surmised you have some money because you are talking about going to attorneys, actually getting a patent and have spent money to make a working prototype. First of all you shouldn't go to any attorney (Business or Patent) because that is just a waste of money. Especially if you think that you are going to sell the patent that you will eventually receive from the PTO (They are pumping out 1000 patents a day) which usually aren't worth the paper they are written on. I think the PTO is claiming that 3% of patents they issue are actually ever turned into real products (Usually done by multi-million dollar corporations) and placed on retail shelves. Anyway, if you would like to take advantage of my 60 years in business of which 40 of those years were used in getting over 120 products to market (28% success rate) the other 20 years in finance and ownership of retail stores, contact me. I just don't want you to get ripped off like I did with my first idea and all of the subsequent mistake I made in my first few years in the idea business. I feel as though I know more about the ENTIRE invention business (Excluding the licensing form of getting ideas to market.) That process has less than a 1% success rate and it didn't work for me when I tried that approach with my first idea). If you would like my advice, email me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Re: New inventor has prototype needs advise

Postby Skagafjjg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:37 am

Skagafjjg
White Belt

When i read this topic, i think about that sort of things http://sourceradix.com/m/mon.html
You may check that, and most likely it would change your mind. Whatever.

Re: New inventor has prototype needs advice

Postby terrycan123 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:24 am

terrycan123
Yellow Belt

Dear Enterthebear

Congratulations on your invention. The work involved in a working prototype can be complex.

There are so many ways for you to move forward. the question is which one is right for you?

Patents are overated. Lawyers will encourage you to get one because that is how they make their money.

To do the license approach a patent will be required to protect your idea.

I would read "License Your Invention" by Richard Stim.

Massive Success to you!

Terry Cantwell

http://www.protect-new-idea.com
Massive success to you

Terry Cantwell

http://www.protect-new-idea.com