FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

First Episode

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:22 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Tell us your thoughts on the first episode. What'd you think?

(existing replies)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:22 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

amanda (not verified) | 2006-03-18 12:02 | the pop singers

who were the pop singers that made it to the next level with their invention? I want to know because I loved that song when it was on the radio all the time. I keep forgetting the name of the song too, so also, what is the name of the song?

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-03-17 15:20 | I thought the "Tizzy-tubes"

I thought the "Tizzy-tubes" was a pretty ridiculous idea, but the judges were so mean about it, it totally turned me off on the show. C'mon! THey judges sounded like those air padded tubes were going to KILL the kids! How many children play in little card board boxes for hours prentinf them to be forts and castles. These tubes looked harmless to the kids (but imgaine them bouncing around your living room knocking breakables off shelves). I wanted to bitch-slap the judges.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-03-18 11:22 | Tizzy Tubes....

I thought the 'tubes' was a good idea and wouldn't be surprised to see it on a shelf at Toys-R-Us one day.
Is there a way to contact any of the contestants (especially the sling shovel contestant) to give them a kudos?

email this comment
Alexis | 2006-03-23 18:00 | I want that invention

There is a section in the forums called "I want that invention." You should post in there that way inventors that have been rejected can check it out to see if anyone is interested.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-03-24 21:17 | I like the idea of "I want

I like the idea of "I want that invention" forum. There are ideas that are useful or have investor possablities that just won't boost the ratings!!!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-03-17 12:25 | JUDGES...READ YOUR SCRIPTS

I was very interested and excited to watch this new series and I am now I am in complete disappointment after watching the first episode. Yes there are some interesting inventions and this is actually a very good idea for a reality TV show. Although watching the show it seems as though every few individuals who come on stage sound and act like they are scripted. That perhaps I can have patience for and watch; however, watching the judges has completely turned me off of this show. I feel like I am watching American Idol with poor acting. American Idol ratings are high on one scale because of the judges and their comments, arguments, etc, but they are real. They have not copied any other show of judges; they are not reading from a script; they are simply being themselves on national television. I feel when I'm watching American Inventor that the judges have made a script up to follow the path of the American Idols judges. It's almost as though producers of American Inventor did not have enough confidence in the show to make it on it's own without a story line to follow or copy. Very sad as this show would have been very interesting to watch; however, reality shows in my opinion are not to be scripted and these judges mad as well hold the script in their hands they are that bad!!!

email this comment
DJ (not verified) | 2006-03-17 02:35 | blonde ladies invention

Sorry had to take something burning off the stove and missed the item the little blonde gal with the fake granny was selling. really bright colorful packages... got four botes yes and saw her kissing everyone, but what was it?

email this comment
danielle s. (not verified) | 2006-03-16 22:32 | the children's bubble--hissy-fit plastic thing (name?)

Okay, so this extremely well-educated, talented, sensitive woman
invented this time-out plastic bubble kids could climb into and "fight"
one another in. I forget the name, but it was something like the "hissy
fit bubble," and it was kind of in the vein of sumo-wrestler outfits,
where you put em on and jump against people, and if you fall down,
you're not hurt, and it's fun as heck (especially for kids). These
judges, who so far I thought pretty well of, began to ridicule her and
accuse her of trying to "suffocate" the kids--one of the judges shook
his head and said something like, "I don't even want to consider the
damage already done to these children." "These children," meanwhile, were
playing merrily in their respective bubbles; you could hear them
giggling gleefully from within the plastic. The inventor, who has some
sort of intensive background in psychiatrics and children's therapy,
was mocked and made to look foolish by these old, snarky,
relatively unaccomplished and certainly less-educated-than-this-woman old bats. Give me a break! If these judges had any common sense they all
would have said yes to this amazing invention and to this insightful
woman. These hissy-fit bubbles will be in stores one day--it's just
a matter of time. And when I have kids in a few years, I'm certainly
buying them!!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-03-17 12:37 | I AGREE

I agree that these judges came down on that girl way too hard especially for a woman of her profession. I mean did those judges actually think that woman would want to suffocate her children. I mean come on. It backs me up on my opinion that these judges have a script they are hiding and they are just plain FAKE! The only thing I thought wrong with this woman's invention was that I understood the logic around it, as to deal with child anger management; however, once a child does this once or twice they are going to think it is a fun game or toy. The whole point of the invention would then be taken away. You would want the invention to be presented to the children as a known way to deal with anger management, rather than be presented as a fun game. If these plastic bubbles are in the home I can be assured that they will not only be used for anger management but it will be the child's favorite toy. I'm sure this will be used on a regular basis and not just when a child needs to rid of anger.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-03-16 21:21 | the tv show was so boring to

the tv show was so boring to watch.

american inventor = american failure

email this comment
YumYum (not verified) | 2006-03-16 21:16 | All the losers...

Its amazing that these guys actually think they have an invention. They are totally clueless.

The bladder bag was ridiculous. Who the heck would ever carry around a huge bag for the one time in a zillion that you had to go. Ridiculous!!

email this comment
Bottleslingguy (not verified) | 2006-03-16 20:49 | First episode so far for me.

I'm still wondering why they loved the nutshell bowl yet hated the chicken-wing dipper bowl. I checked out the cup-holder-in-the-plate(over at IU) and think it is a great idea. I also liked the backyard solar power generator.

I think the sandbag shovel is a good idea and doesn't need the show now that people have seen it. I saw the "snow sling" in action (I was in the shuttle van with him). That could be a new trend in shoveling snow. There are bent handles and grips you attach to handles and now, the Snow Sling gives you an elastic powerband to help you "sling" the snow.

I wish they would've shown more of the toilet ideas (is that weird?)

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-03-16 18:24 | What did you hear in the

What did you hear in the mixed reviews? Who said what when?

The critics are always wrong so I don't give much weight to what they are saying.

I bet they totally booed American Idol and it got 36 million viewers this week.

email this comment
YumYum (not verified) | 2006-03-16 18:23 | I can't wait either though I

I can't wait either though I am hearing some mixed reviews.

Anyone get the scoop yet. It's going to be on here at 8pm Cali time so I am getting a bunch of people together to see the show.

It's like an Oscar party...when were we inventors ever cool?

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-03-16 18:21 | I am really excited to see

I am really excited to see this show. I am wondering if they are going to show me or anyone I saw in the auditions.

Has anyone seen the show yet? What time is it shown in the east coast?

email this comment