FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

American Inventor Show - Fifth Episode (105) (4/13/06)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:29 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Ok - its the fifth episode. It's 8:00pm. The show is two hours tonight. We should be finding out the final 12. Who's watching?

(existing replies 1)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:30 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Creeper Sweeper.com (not verified) | 2006-04-15 22:02 | Modern Marvels Contest - No garage sale stuff here!

For some very cool inventions check out Modern Marvels Invent Now Challenge--http://www.historychannel.com/invent/
Alas; American Innovation is alive and well after all.
(I say only 3 out of the 25 finalists will cry. Anyone else have a prediction?)

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-15 20:19 | the toilet that filters the flush

I met this guy at the New York auditions and the toilet seat is freakin' clever. It's entirley sealed and the only way in or out is thru the carbon filter. bacteria nd viruses can't survive on carbon. Regular seats have openings all around so lid up or down don't solve the problem with a regular toilet seat. His poop works...pardon the pun.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-17 11:33 | if the seat works like the

if the seat works like the inventor states, this good be one of the best ideas to solve a very serious problem, good luck

email this comment
Gary burns (not verified) | 2006-04-15 19:07 | I would be more than happy to be the amateur judge.

I could bring a different angle to the show. I would have asked toliet guy about just putting down the lid. Things like that. That was the first thing I thought of. Why did the judges not think to ask that? The danger and laws regarding the bike? I would bring common sense to the show. Just a thought. The amateur judge(common man).

email this comment
Mike (not verified) | 2006-04-15 18:58 | Some of you are FORGETTING

Some of you are FORGETTING that on the next shows, they're improving their products. So before you get on their cases, watch and see how they IMPROVE them first.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-15 13:16 | love the Germ filtering toilet seat couple

Now that's ingenious. Finally something that's going to improve our world. I want one. Also the car seat guy. Hope he can make it work. This show needs a sense of humour along with the B.S. Sob stories.
Best part of the show was when the guy with the clever toilet seat invention said he would go to Mexico with the money. It's a joke judges, just relax. First time I smiled through the whole damn show ! More of that guy and less of the fake drama. Inventors are a fun bunch of people. lets see this side.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-15 13:24 | The inventions are already

The inventions are already on the market: belt,bagger,and doll, but the unbrella may not infringe since it's make up is different. It's handle needs to collapse and extend for more compactness.

email this comment
bygeorge (not verified) | 2006-04-15 08:47 | the 12

I work nights so I wasn't able to watch the fifth show until Fri. as I had taped it,first thing someone should invent a device that could gather and market tears, this show could make them millions, on the subject of the so called inventions, there's only a couple of good ones on the show, the football pole is good, but, this could get you hurt by learning to catch the ball stretched out and wide open to a crashing hit to the ribs, the bike, I know it used to be illegal to ride on the handle bars when I was growing up, maybe it's changed, and with a person on the front of the bike it puts more weight on the front tire and would make it harder to steer, the doll? that's not even a new invention, the car, a lot of refining here, the word game, kids now a days don't wont word games, they want vidio games, um-brella was kinda neat as was the bathroom door lock, and the sweat pad, the exersize things, there's just too many of them out there, the others I can't comment on because I missed those, hopefully I didn't offend anyone with my opinions, sorry!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-15 12:24 | Good point on the toilet

Good point on the toilet that prevents spay up on tooth brushes etc.-keep the lid down before flushing. It would have been easier to invent a flush handle that would only flush the toilet when the lid was down-a safety if you will.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-15 00:12 | The Show is a joke

There were far more deserving inventions than the final 12 that made it. As so many of you have commented on some of the final 12 ALREADY EXISTING. My family was severely disappointed to see alot of products we could use being refused. and turned away. My personal favorite is the pole with padding (football trainer) being forwarded to the next round($50,000 to make a better bent pole?), while inventions like the solar powered cooler get passed by(every 4X4 enthusiast and camper I know was excited by this) ABC really screwed the pooch on this one. Wait, didn't that one make it to the final 12?

email this comment
Gary Burns, Inventor of Match Pitch Baseball, board game (not verified) | 2006-04-14 20:59 | Regarding bike

I thought bike idea was bad, if not dangerous. I even believe illegal in most states. Looks like vision would be impaired by guy in front. Sorry, but no way I would buy that for anyone. Now , If you could make a bike that could mow lawn ,that would be cool and no gas needed even better. Think about that for me. Thanks. Ps ,I think he could make that and I want to be his first buyer.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-15 12:32 | The football catching

The football catching training device is too strict. The variable circumstances for catching the ball prevent this idea from helping. It would be like in baseball having the pitch down the middle all the time. It does nothing for low or high catches, not to mention being hit while catching in which you'd fall on the bent out portion leaving it's only use-the tash can.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-16 10:15 | the football catching trainer

The device is only meant to get people to catch the football with there hands and not the body. If a ball is thrown high or low or off to the side you will automatically use your hands to try and catch it anyway. But for a ball thats thrown pretty much right at you the device will teach good habits. Why not catch the ball using your arms to cradle it into your body? Because most likely you will misjudge it and the ball will bounce off your equipment such as your shoulder pads or face mask. It is a good idea for folks in the sports training aids business. I would like to see what improvements he will make to the prototype.

email this comment
Anna (not verified) | 2006-04-14 20:58 | Toilet Seat

"I'm goin' to Mexico with it."

Entertaining. Do you think ed thought he was serious?

-Anna

email this comment
Gary (not verified) | 2006-04-14 21:02 | Toilet seat

Ok product, but could you solve that problem by keeping lid down while you flush? Also, do they even have toilets in Mexico? I thought that is why you don't drink the water there!! LOL , Also would this toilet have commercial value , when there are no tooth brushes in businesses?

email this comment
Gary B (not verified) | 2006-04-14 23:07 | Toilet

Actually , I stay on it sometimes, a little breezy but refreshing. This would also solve the problem.

email this comment
Anna (not verified) | 2006-04-14 21:07 | Perhaps

=) Haha.Personally, I keep the lid down when I flush...most of the time ;). Well.. I suppose there is a market in toothbrushes 'cause most people buy 'em. I hope..

email this comment
Gary B (not verified) | 2006-04-14 23:04 | Putting lid down

Women keep it all down.Otherwise they might fall in. I am house broken myself,so its all good.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-14 12:38 | Already Invented

I hate that some of the products that were chosen for the Top 12 are already invented. I want to see a new orginal idea! I mean that's what an inventor is! Someone who creates or produces NEW things! I'm disappointed that the judges don't know that some of the products they selected are already out in the market!

email this comment
Gary (not verified) | 2006-04-14 21:05 | Regarding already there

Are you kidding? This America,"there are always a product that was there before someone else invemted it" ask some lawyers.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-15 12:35 | As I've mentioned before the

As I've mentioned before the bicycle is a hazard. The person impedes the handle bar person in backs vison.

email this comment
Donna (not verified) | 2006-04-14 07:59 | There was a gentleman who

There was a gentleman who had an invention that saved loved ones ashes in a mobile urn divided into sections, this is great and I would like to know where to buy one. This is one of the two items that totally is worth my money and neither of the items were selected as the final 12, maybe consumers who are not inflated with egos are better judges of what consumers will or will not spend their money on.

email this comment
Gary Burns inventor "Match Pitch Baseball" game (not verified) | 2006-04-14 20:42 | Regarding judges

Yes,I agree, but you would need to knock total down before people voted. I do think the people(consumers ) should decide who wins ,not just 4 people crying and "feeling" the winner.

email this comment
Gary B (not verified) | 2006-04-14 23:09 | Rules

I just read rules, and they will get number to 3 ,then viewers will vote between the final 3 left.

email this comment
Anna (not verified) | 2006-04-14 23:20 | I thought it was 4?

I thought it was 4?

email this comment
bygeorge (not verified) | 2006-04-15 15:57 | the 4?

this is how ABC has messed this whole show up, originally, according to a news paper artical, it was supposed to go from 100, to 9, to 3, if you made the 3, you got $150,000 to make an infracommertial, what ever the heck that is, and then the people pick the winner, this is according to an interview with Simon, but anyway, this show has been a loser since day one the way these judges have been picking people, even the super inventor judge should have said, a talking doll is not a new invention, so they gave away $50,000 just for fun, man!!! ABC sure has a lot of money to waste

email this comment
Mike (not verified) | 2006-04-14 06:15 | I think the Wordace also has

I think the Wordace also has a chance of winning. I was conversing with my mother this morning via internet and told her about it, which she said she would buy one and it's a good idea. That means nothing except for middle aged people would buy it too, but it really is a good tool for kids to learn new vocab.

Even if it doesn't win, I see another company picking it up.

email this comment
Alexis | 2006-04-14 04:32 | Products already being sold

I found this in the FAQs section of ABC's American Inventor Website

I have a product I'm already selling. Can I submit it?

You can submit your invention if it has not been mass manufactured (e.g. more than 50,000 units) by you or anyone else.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 23:09 | show is a fake

How can they NOT let the bed pouch and the cup that brews tea/coffee through because they are already on the market when 4 of the top 12 inventions are already on the market? Perhaps they will be eliminated in the next episode.

email this comment
Take-A-Seat (not verified) | 2006-04-14 00:36 | Confused

I feel for my buddy Matt with the Trailer Tower. He and I both were in the top 24. We were told our inventions were engineering marvels. Praised up and down. My Take-A-Seat vehicle mounted chair system was shown for about 9 seconds. We received 4 yes votes and were in with the judges for about 10 minutes. They did not even show Matt's Trailer Tower once. Matt, I guess we were one of the statistics. I always wondered about the people you see on American Idol that advance but you never hear them sing. That is what happened to us. Obviously, we have known for weeks that we did not make the final 12, but hoped America could see our product. I am glad for my friend Paul and his son Donovan. Their Cookie Stacker was finally shown tonight. We put our hearts in to this show and were just hoping for a few more seconds of air time. I didn't do this to get my face on TV. If I wanted to be an actor I would have tried taking it up years ago. I have been watching this site for weeks and have wanted to post but thought I would wait until "my time" was over. Trust me, it is very strange to get nothing but positive feedback from the judges, only to get cut from the competition for not meeting the "criteria". Good luck to everyone, not just those of us who were a part of the show. We all share a common bond in seeing our dreams to the end.
Take care.

Pat
Take-A-Seat
www.thetakeaseat.com

email this comment
Alexis | 2006-04-14 04:36 | Top 50 and Top 24

I really feel for all of those people who made the top 50 and the top 24 and did not get their five seconds of time. I feel like the first 15 minutes of the show that recaped the products that did not make it was such a waste of time. We all wanted to see the amazing products that actually made it to the next round. Are you going to the licensing show (if you don't know about it, I wrote a blog about it a few days ago). Good luck to you.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 23:04 | already invented

these inventions are already on the market

exercise belt powerbelt.com
umbrella wonderbrella.com
shovel gobagger.com
doll languagelittles.com

email this comment
Drew (not verified) | 2006-04-13 21:55 | trailertower.com guy,

trailertower.com guy, thetakeaseat.com guy and 4 others got jipped. I looked at the two websites listed above and you two have awesome inventions. I'm certain that you didn't move past the final 24 because your products are so advanced and probably a bit "more costly" then what they are looking to mass produce. Let's remember - bottom line - they want to make money off these people's inventions!!!!!

email this comment
Wade (not verified) | 2006-04-13 21:43 | DVD offer + the Disc Eraser was finally shown!

Hi all, this is Wade Sun, inventor of the Disc Eraser. If you want a DVD for the whole show, I'm recording with my computer and I'll edit out the commercials and make menus for the episodes. Then I'll burn them onto DVDs. If you want one, email me and I'll put you on the DVD list, and email you when this DVD project is done. I don't know the exact cost, but it will be fair, and depends on how many copies I will have to burn.

I'm on the West coast, in California. A free man, now that I'm officially out of the competition! I was shown for only like 5 seconds with my Disc Eraser, but I know I should be thankful for even that.

My presentation was good and I kept it under 1 minute, and finished strong. Everyone clapped after my presentation...so why didn't they show all of it? Maybe I didn't cry...maybe I didn't appear nervous...maybe my product is too finished. Maybe I didn't spend exorbitant amounts of money or time to develop my invention. ABC, please excuse me for being so efficient and being such a quick learner. I did mostly everything myself...patenting, patent and market research, prototyping, new product marketing, website designing, outsourcing manufacturing, packaging, etc...all under 2 years at just a fraction of my yearly salary as an engineer. At least now, I can help fellow inventors with my experience. I am an avid learner and enjoy learning, and this has been quite a journey!

Some inventors weren't shown at all tonight, and these SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOWN instead of the first 1/2 hour recaps from previous shows. That was a stupid idea to waste time on previous inventions that have been already voted off (what's the point?)

These are just some points, if there is another season for this show, the producers should note these and make changes.

Just my 2 cents worth. Let me know if you have any questions.

email this comment
Alexis | 2006-04-13 21:23 | Trailer Guy

Mark - I emailed you regarding the Invention Gallery - so check your email and then get back to me when you get a chance. Thanks.

Alexis

email this comment
Alexis | 2006-04-13 21:15 | the final 12

I just posted the final 12 in the recap of the second hour. So take a look on the first page.

Alexis.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 21:12 | P.S. That blog /node/607 is

P.S. That blog /node/607 is soooooo much more informatory on the whole show. It's pretty neat.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 21:11 | Sorry about that, amy. I

Sorry about that, amy. I didn't mean to be accusatory, and I'm sure many other people are laughing about our public "show". Well, Have a nice day.
Gary

email this comment
Amy (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:14 | Sorry, Anonymous! Just in a Bad Mood! Thanks 4 Your Help Though!

Sorry, Anonymous! I didn't mean to bite your head off! I'm just in a bad mood. I had an argument with my mom, missed the end - last crucial 10 minutes of the show, and now can't find anyone to give me the recap.

Sorry! Guess I'll just have to wait to get it on DVD!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 21:10 | Amy, Here you go, I did research and found this in another blog.

The final 12 (taken from http://www.americaninventorspot.com/node/607)

BOOM OR BUST - Here are the final 12:
Solar Power Rock-N-Roller – BUST
Video gift box - BUST
Headliner - BOOM (1)
Cookie Stacker - BUST
Mobile Family Plot - BUST
Training Pole - BOOM (2)
Un-Brella - BOOM (3)
Pure Flush - BOOM (4)
Restroom Door Closer– BOOM (5)
Sac 2000 Master – BOOM (6)
Ez-X Portable Gym – BOOM (7)
TonerBelt – BOOM (8)
101 Cookies & Cakes – BUST
Here Comes Niya Doll - BOOM (9)
Character Building Buddies – BUST
Spherical Safety Seat – BOOM (10)
Word Ace – BOOM (11)
Quad Flosser – BUST
Double Traction Bike – last but not least BOOM (12)

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:09 | Man, amy I tried to help you

Man, amy I tried to help you and you don' really thank me.
Oh Well, that s what we all get out of life.

They say "ask not what you can get from [your life and the world] but what you can give"

I feel I've tried.

email this comment
Donna Payne (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:08 | I am disapointed in the judges on most of there decisions

First what happened to the coffee guy-that is one I would of bought in a heart beat
I thought the whole point of this show was to find a invention most of america would use-am I wrong???
How many of us are going to use that stupid doll, please I would like to smash that into a millon pieces-its creepy looking if you ask me
The football catching device, excuse me, but I do not play football and I am sure most americans do not(oh and boo hoo, on his sob story of not making into football,someone get him a klenex,pleaseeeeeee)
The bathroom door clip, humm lets see, I can take a black paper clip you can buy at office depo and use one to keep a door shut or a large chip clip-duhhh
The bike thing, is not safe at all for children-I would not buy one for my kids
Okay,now the only three I would back would be the game that teaches kids how to spell,the wig linner and the infant car sit.
Oh and the coffee one was the one I would of bought out of all of those and I am sure it would of been used by more americans then any of those that made it to the finals
If only I could remeber the name of that product,cuz I am sure it will make it on the market one day and I want one
I guess the judges must be pretty desperate,cuz most of the inventions that went through are very lame and a waste of time in my book
I guess the judges aren't as smart as they claim to be

email this comment
Amy (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:06 | Is the DVD offer still Available??

Hey Wade!

Is the offer for DVDs of all the "American Inventor" episodes still available??

Since it doesn't look I'm going to get any useful information about what happened during the period I missed of the show, I REALLY want to get a DVD not only of this episode but all the ones before it.

Please email me the info about how I can get the DVDs as well as send payment for them. You can reach me by email at: tvandmovieaddict@yahoo.com

Please let me know ASAP! Thanks!!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:06 | 12 finalists

Maybe someone else can jump in here and help list the others.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:05 | Sorry, that's all I could

Sorry, that's all I could get. It went by so fast, and I dont' have divo or a recording device.
Sorry

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:05 | sorry, amy.

sorry, amy.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:04 | In summary here are some of the final 12

Francisco = Double bike
Man with accent. (Cant' remember his name or invention)
Man with round but now full beard and a mustache = protable gymn
Darla, with Nya the doll = nya doll
Toilet germs couple = flush pure
Baby car seat globe man = spherical safety seat.
Sheryl = unbrella.
sharon = restroom door stop
edward School teacher = word ace

email this comment
o (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:00 | personal opinion experience.

I was in the auditions...
my 2 cents.

Peter: just a vc, sees business, but not ideas. investor choking on a Tie. reminds me of corporate ceos lacking curiosity.

Doug: inventor, right on the dot, smart. not mean but real. has experienced a ton, knows what can and cant..if you think he was mean, you should try the real world.

Mary: tv edited to make her sob, but she is a guru in the market for women(women buy some %70 of all products). Passionate about ppl, but might lack editing. a women was needed to balance out the testosterone.

Ed: Marketing guru. speaks his mind, give ideas a chance. a real user.a definite new yorker. buh yeah!

Doug and Peter should have had the spotlight for now. ed and mary should shine when they figure out how to market the ideas in the next few rounds.

In all, in the auditions, it's tough, with cameras flying around, lights in your face, and producers telling you how or what to present.

If you thought some inventions were wacky, you should of seen some others at the auditions. Some people have no idea what an idea is.

If you think the 12 on the final round did not deserve it, open up your mind..any idea has potential, just timing and finding the right market is needed. This is tv. people only had 60 seconds to pitch. in the real world you might get 10 mins plus thinking time.

If you saw an idea that you thought should have made it but didnt, track that inventor down, give them some money if you want their product..help them out, and perhaps your vision will help make that inventors vision real.

I'll admit i've been somewhat disappointed at the show, but it's entertaining. Many americans watching this show might laugh at ideas right away, but you should see how real ideas are made....inventors are goofy, curious, and inquisitive. The weirdest ideas usually turn out to be the best. Think about the post-it note..if someone told you this was a million dollar idea, you would laugh...guess whats, it makes billions each year. toothpicks, cocktail sticks, straws, white out, etc.

my 2 cents
o

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:59 | I was talking to your wife &

I was talking to your wife & son and you just before you left do you live in CO.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:58 | Double bike guy (Francisco)

Double bike guy (Francisco)

email this comment

(existing replies 2)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:30 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:57 | Man with accent. Man with

Man with accent.
Man with round not full beard and a mustache.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:56 | Sorry about the 'lady' and

Sorry about the 'lady' and 'man' thing, I don't recognize them or their products.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:56 | Hey the guy with the trailer

Hey the guy with the trailer were you out there on the 26 27 of Feb. I think I saw your trailer it was a very good Invention.

email this comment
Matt Garis (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:15 | trailer guy

yes I was there feb 26 27 were you Who are you?

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:55 | Darla, With Naia the doll.

Darla, With Naia the doll.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:55 | Here are some more of the

Here are some more of the 12:
Toilet germs couple.
Baby carseat globe.
Old lady.
Other lady.
Jerry Wesley (teacher).
Man.

email this comment
Amy (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:58 | WTF??

I'm sorry, but saying, "Old Lady","Other Lady" and "Man" is NOT informative at all! There are only 2 sexes, man and woman!

How do you expect me to figure out who you're talking about?? I might as well just wait till Wade can send me a copy of the DVD!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:53 | Ok here are two of the 12

Ok here are two of the 12 that made it.

Sweat padding wig lady.
Football coach.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:53 | I'm also annoyed at the fact

I'm also annoyed at the fact you need to have a sob story to get selected. Tho' I'll admit it's very convincing. I'm surprised the quadriplegic wasn't selected. Plus, I actually thought he had a good invention. Why was that Darla or Dharma doll selected?! There are tons of dolls out there now that can speak multi-languages. I just bought a Language Littles doll that speaks mandarin chinese and english! And if you can't find a multi-lingual doll just build one at Build-A-Bear! I wish the American public could vote and decide the next American inventor! I think the public would know what they would and wouldn't buy instead of these judges deciding for us!

email this comment
Wade (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:52 | Show Recordings

I've made some recordings of all shows and will edit out the commercials and burn onto DVDs. For those interested in the DVDs, let me know. How ironic it is, that I'm the inventor of the Disc Eraser for recordable CDs and DVDs. Was this shown on tonights? Show? I'm just about to watch and find out! I'm not expecting much, though.

email this comment
Gadgetdad (not verified) | 2006-04-13 20:11 | Thanks for recording offer

Hi Wade,
Thanks for the offer to send me a copy of tonights show. I would like both episodes from tonights show. If that is not possible, the second hour is great. Please contact me at: johnbarryjr@comcast.net to go through the details.
Thanks again.
John

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:51 | I would agree I'm voting on

I would agree I'm voting on that car seat too if he makes it that far I think he will.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:51 | Did you put your invention

Did you put your invention in the Invention Gallery. I got like 1000 readers for my invention here and alot of traffic to my site.

They will also help you if you want to go pitch your local media to share the sotry of your invention. You may want to email Michelle.

email this comment
Matt Garis (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:47 | taking it in the butt

how many people made it to the top 24 and did not even get there product show on the show (ME!) The Trailer Tower guy I have waited 5 episodes thinking I would get on at last minute but NO they never even showed my product but yet I was in the top 24. to top that in my final judgement with the judges Doug addressed me. YOu have the best invention here, best engeneered, best designed I cant even remember everything he said just talk good about product. and then the 10 second pause for camera. next words out unfortunatly you dont fit the criteria for the show, your going home. How do you not fit the criteria and make it to the top 24. I told the psyc anaylisis person I didnt "I dont get mad" but I am Furious. sorry I am ramblin. If you would like to see info on Trailer Tower go to http://trailertower.com/ thanks all

email this comment
Mike (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:51 | That's pretty cool, you

That's pretty cool, you should have made it on at least, is a good idea..could use that for concerts and stuff too.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:47 | Sorry, Amy, I have a

Sorry, Amy, I have a commercial break right now.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:46 | Ok Amy, I'm down to the 12.

Ok Amy, I'm down to the 12. I'm watching.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:43 | Amy, I'm currently watching

Amy,

I'm currently watching it. I'm in the Mountain time zone, so my programming is delayed. But I'll let you know about the 12 winners as soon as I can!

email this comment
gadgetdad (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:46 | Recording??

Is there anyway to tape the second hour?? I watched it and know what happened but it was so powerful at the end with the music that I wanted to share it with someone else.
Thanks,
John

email this comment
Amy (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:41 | WHO & WHAT were the 12 Finalists Inventions??

Could someone PLEASE tell me everything that happened in the last 10 minutes - especially who exactly the last 12 finalists were, what their inventions were and WHO got eliminated?? PLEASE! I am dying, DYING of suspense here!!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:41 | car seat

that car seat is ingenious. after having to sit through a truly wretched SADD assembly, i now know that when there is a car accident, there are three collisions: the car with the pole or other car, the passengers with their seat belts or the car, and the passengers' internal organs with the inside of their bodies. Honestly, i think the car seat is the best invention on there. are there any others that will save lives? no.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-14 12:34 | In order for the car seat to

In order for the car seat to get an manufacturer it would have to prove it works in a credible and documented and witnessed test. This would involve more than the $50,000 development fee. Unless this inventor finds a sponser like NASCAR DRIVERS have to accept the costs I believe it has no chance of accomplishing this, thus no chance to win.

email this comment
Gary Burns Inventor of Match Pitch Baseball game (not verified) | 2006-04-14 20:26 | Regarding safety seat

I believe it is the best invention if it works. I agree he should take his $50,000 and get it professionally tested in car crash by consumer reports or something. Get video documents to prove it. If he can , he wins hands down. My second choice is the spelling game. Kids need that. I talk to young people in chat rooms and their spelling is terrible and that is college students. I also think the slang and shortcuts on here kills spelling. The others might sell, but how long will people use them? Will these items help save a life or get you a $10,000 raise and job advancement.

Gary B

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:40 | They will post a whole

They will post a whole episode recap here at AmericanInventorSpot.com after the show finishes. Just come back and look for it and you will see it pretty soon, I think.

They also post all the inventions for you to vote on in Boom or Bust, so you'll have plenty of chances to find out what happened.

Relax. It's ok. :)

email this comment
gadgetdad (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:40 | Video/DVD recording??

Does anyone have a tape of tonights American Inventor. This would be episode on 4/13. My replay tv unit failed to pick up the second hour. I watched it but it didn't record. I would be willing to pay a reasonable price.
Thanks,
John

email this comment
Amy (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:46 | I Want One Too!

As I already said, I missed the last 10 minutes of the show and since I didn't get to see it in its entirety I'd also like to get a tape/DVD of this episode too!

Actually, even though I've seen all the other episodes, I'd still like to go back and refresh my memory about the different inventions that they had on the show.

So if anyone has a tape or DVD of all the episodes of the show this season, I'd like to have a copy and will pay a reasonable price for it.

Thanks!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:40 | About the car seat guy, I

About the car seat guy, I know he had a passion, so That may be right, but How are you sure? I liked the football coach with the extended arm piece.

True, the car seat invention is great.

email this comment
Mike (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:41 | I like a number of the

I like a number of the inventions, and we'll probably see a good fraction of them in stores or catalogs sometime. I just THINK the car seat will win. It could be anything I guess. I like *most* of them.

email this comment
Mike (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:44 | Like the guy below me said,

Like the guy below me said, the car seat is ingenius...unless the thing starts spinning at like 10 g's or something.

email this comment
Amy (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:38 | Floss Guy Didn't Make it EITHER?? These Judges are MORONS!!

Are you saying that a paraplegic who invented an easier flossing device didn't make it to the next round?? You've got to be KIDDING!! First doggy air conditioners, and edible snowglobes are eliminated, now they dismiss an easier flossing device??

Except for MaryLou who I think is the ONLY one with an iota of compassion, the judges are all MORONS!!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:34 | Doug's pretty rude.

Doug's pretty rude.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:33 | I have to say that it apears

I have to say that it apears that the inventions that didn't make it. Was the one's that didn't need a lot of improvements on them. If your invention was working fine then you didn't need there help. I agree with the person that said that they would not beg or cry to move on. It should have been the best inventions. And I seen a few that I would have picked too. I thought for sure that they were going to let the guy with the floss device throgh to the next round. SHOCKED ME But I do believe they will pick the right invention. And don't forget they also own the right to the other 11 invention for 1 year. All 12 of these inventions will make money off thier inventions no matter if they move on or not. I want to say good luck to all 12 inventors.

email this comment
Mike (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:35 | It's obvious the guy with

It's obvious the guy with the car seat already won.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:32 | I'll let you know as soon as

I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:32 | Sorry, i'll stop my rant

Sorry, i'll stop my rant now.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:31 | Man, Don't insult your mom!

Man, Don't insult your mom! She gave you birth!

email this comment
Amy (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:31 | Who Were the 12 Finalists??

Who WERE the 12 Finalists Inventions who DID make it through to the next round??

email this comment
Mike (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:29 | No, cookie lady did not make

No, cookie lady did not make it through.

email this comment
Mike (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:29 | Sorry...Snow Globe lady

Sorry...Snow Globe lady

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:28 | Man, Don't insult your mom!

Man, Don't insult your mom! She gave you birth!

email this comment
Amy (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:27 | What happened in LAST 10 Mins - Especially with Cookie Snowglobe

My stupid, inconsiderate mom made me miss the last 10 mins of the show by nagging about some useless crap.
What happened at the end of the show and who were the 12 finalists. I also really want to know what happened with "Crafty Kathy" Jacobs who created the edible cookie snowglobes! That was such a cool idea - especially to use with kids! Did she make it??

Who else made it to the next round?? I am SO pissed at my b*tch mom for making me miss the end. What happened in the last 10 minutes and who are the 12 finalists and their inventions?? Can someone please tell me?? I haven't consciously missed an episode of "American Inventor" since it started airing, and I am so mad that I didn't tape it so that I could just go back and watch the end again!

What happened to Kathy's edible snowglobes, and who are the 12 finalists & their inventions?? Someone please tell me! I am DYING of suspense to find out what happened!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:26 | aah, but mine's better! Waaa Waaa Waaah! Boo Hoo!

aah, but mine's better! Waaa Waaa Waaah! Boo Hoo!

email this comment
Mike (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:26 | So...why did a bathroom door

So...why did a bathroom door clip make it on? Seriously, unless that thing is made out of metal, it's pretty easy to break. And how about the umbrella? I've seen one like that before, but don't remember where.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:25 | You should sue for fraud in

You should sue for fraud in inducement. Is there a lawyer in these forums. Can we do a class action suit for fraud.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:24 | I want my money back . . .

I can't believe I wasted a weekend and paid for airline tickets, hotel, etc. to audition for this show - I feel like I was taken!! During the first 4 episodes I thought they were just hiding the inventions that would really be worth the first prize million dollar licensing agreement . . .I was obviously wrong! Now I wish I didn't even waste the time watching it - no more.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:23 | So, Tell me what you're

So, Tell me what you're going to do with 50,000 dollars?

I'm going to Mexico with it!

That's not the right answer, man. You just lost!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:16 | clock

my favorite invention didnt make it... time for me to find him and make a million outside the show.

email this comment
JJ (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:15 | character building bears

I think this was a great invention!
I think a lot of people would buy this. I hope that just because she didn't make it to the next round doesn't mean she won't try to get her product on the shelf!

email this comment
WisconsinMotherof2 (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:34 | Character Building Bear

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS?? Sign me up. I was very disapointed she did not make it to the final 12. I have searched all over the net to find her or her product and came up with nothing. If I could find this bear I would buy it in a heartbeat!!!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 15:25 | Character Bear

you can buy the bear at www.characterbear.com

email this comment

(existing replies 3)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:31 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-14 01:28 | To WisconsinMotherof2...you

To WisconsinMotherof2...you can buy the Character Building Bear at www.characterbear.com

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:14 | Where's Joey Cup-of-Coffee????

What happpened to his Dial-a-Cup? I want one.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:11 | double bowl

did anyone see the double bowl - top for nuts, bottom for shells

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:10 | The bathroom clip

I want one!

email this comment
JJ (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:18 | me too!

I think its a great thing. At first it sounds kind of funny, but if you think about it, its reality.

email this comment
JJ (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:20 | oops! me too is talking about the bathroom door clip

The subject is my comment.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:07 | Well, the 12 winners

Well, the 12 winners deserved to win I think.

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-04-13 19:03 | My brush with Destiny...

Wow! I'm really happy for all of the winners so far. I was in the presence of two of them. After condemning the show's play on sorrow skit, the show has lifted my sprits. I'm pissed I missed the car seat guy's presentation. Could someone give me a few more details? Please???

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:01 | making fun of mary lou boo hoo

i'm one of the people making fun of mary lou and i think i had a few tears when they told the people they made it to the final 12.

email this comment
Wade (not verified) | 2006-04-13 19:00 | Last chance tonight

Hey all, I agree this show is kind of twisted and portrays inventors as crybabies and wackos. After watching the last 4 episodes, I have some hope left, I still want to be shown tonight, but if not, then that's also a big relief for me. I'd never cry or beg for my invention. Is that why I wasn't shown? It really matters little. I have complete faith and confidence that a successful product is based on it's characteristics and not on the inventor's desperate behavior. Well, this show is more about TV ratings than anything else, and my experience auditioning for it were mixed.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-19 15:51 | Here, Here, my friend. I

Here, Here, my friend.
I also was there and in the final 24.
I was given a snipet of time for a great
invention. I am a business man and I
approached this whole thing as such.
Way Wrong Answer!! I never would have succombed to being a class less
boo hooer! I glad you didn't either. Our products will move on and we have done it with class and grace and becuase we believed in our products and because we are true business people.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:59 | Spherical Car Seat

BOOM - final 12
hotspotmama

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:52 | I hate that the show plays

I hate that the show plays to this sob story theme. Inventors are creative people who think a bit out of the box, who can see things as they should be and not just as they are. To make mockery of their creative spirit, make it seem like you have to be a wackjob and suffer by making foolish choices with your life is insulting.

Inventors are by and far the most creative and smart people around. To make us seem like idiots really really pisses me off. Who the hell are they!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:43 | stories and sobbing

do all inventiors have a sob story??
I'll admit, we inventors are passionate about a lifelong invention, but is it to cry for?
Just thought I'd ask, but any inventors out that that have been sucessful in launching a product/idea....did you have to breakdown to show your passion to your, client, boss, VC, etc?

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-04-13 18:51 | boo frickin hoo

"did you have to breakdown to show your passion to your, client, boss, VC, etc?"

That's hilarious!!! Thanks a million...

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:42 | Ugh.. felt really bad for

Ugh.. felt really bad for the car seat guy. It's tough trying to describe a invention which is based upon personal tragedy like that.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:41 | mary lou boo hoo hoo.

mary lou boo hoo hoo.

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-04-13 18:22 | Ed was right...

I think Ed said it the most succinct, this is brutal...brutal.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:13 | Those judges are

Those judges are idiots.

Shaper image already made an auto-fold umbrella that works 10 times better.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:32 | unbrella

I don't think its an automatic closer .. it closes UP so you don't get wet

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:12 | Top 50 new inventions

What were the other inventions shown in the top 50 that haven't been shown before?

email this comment
blah blah (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:12 | The judges are idiots. You

The judges are idiots.

You saw that umbrella? Sharper image already made one that works 10 times better. The only good inventions I saw there was the magic bra. :p

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:09 | Its too bad the video tattoo

Its too bad the video tattoo did not make it. Lame judges.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:05 | Video Tattoo

I am amazed at the short sightedness of the judges. The inventor of the video tattoo was genius. It is our cell phones taken the next level. It is a vehicle for transforming society at much the same speed as computers and other technology - but via fashion. I could see it all over the streets of NYC and other big cities. It is a way for promoting freedom of speech, artistic expression, and individuality via either downloads or designed from scratch. I could see people advertising things about themselves, their beliefs, their political ideas...right to passersby. It makes sense in terms of where technology is going and how it is already being used! It excites me, anyway.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:03 | car seat

yeah!!!!! the baby car seat moved to the next round. top 24.

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-04-13 18:47 | Missed it!!!

Second episode in a row I've missed at least half of and I already feel like I've seen too much. Ed said it was brutal, he couldn't be more right. They better change something or... hey Francisco is pleading his case right now... two seconds later he's crying already... this is like parading the condemned... what are these people going to do who don't make it?

The show plays on this, builds them up, coaches them to beg for mercy and then drops them like something on Fear Factor.

They have some blood on their hands. They were merciful to me... quick and painless. Thanks ABC!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 18:00 | You know, I really think

You know, I really think this show sucks but of course I still watch it. I should get a life.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 17:36 | Nerves & Begging

Half the people can't finish their presentation and the other half are begging. and all they show is Doug griping.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 17:45 | why aren't they showing us

why aren't they showing us of the inventions that got through the first round. that's what i'm watching the show for and they breeze by four of them.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 17:50 | Passion

They are focusing a lot on the passion. Does that mean a good one minute presentation will move them forward?

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 17:56 | Did we see all 50

i don't think we saw them all. did they really skip a lot of them? yes, i think passion will help them get to the next level. otherwise, why the focus on it.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 17:35 | Finally some new content.

Finally some new content. This show feels long to me so far.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 17:32 | a new one

did you see the video gift box. that seemed cool. maybe not the next american inventor but interesting and something we haven't seen before

email this comment
Simmsays (not verified) | 2006-04-13 17:29 | Hey...I jsut had the same

Hey...I just had the same thought. Are you following me around? Hahaha

email this comment
Amused and Bemused | 2006-04-13 17:25 | They said todays episode is

They said todays episode is going to cover people talking about what sacrifices they made. Why is that importnat. Shouldn't the one who did it the smartest be the one to win, rather than the one who suffers needlessly?

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-04-13 18:38 | another nail in the creativity coffin

It's a sad commentary that the show is highlighting the ubiquitous suffering seemingly necessary to having a viable product. My story is no less sad or inspiring than the best of 'em, but I know it will be the integrity of my product, not the depths of my sorrow, that will make it succeed in the marketplace.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 17:07 | AAAAAAH

the perfect pet petter again. do they not have enough content to fill two hours?

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-13 17:04 | The bladder buddy

Why are they showing the bladder buddy again. This is ridiculous.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-19 12:59 | They are showing the badder

They are showing the badder buddy again because they paid to fly and stay in CA for this 2nd Audition. They need to recoupe some of the expense-just for laughs.

email this comment