FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

American Inventor Show - Episode 6 Semifinals (4/20/06)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:35 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

We're starting the semifinals tonight. Let's see which of the three goes forward: sacmaster 2000, un-brella, or receiver's training pole. There's only four more episodes left after tonight (at least in this season). Who's watching.

(existing replies 1)

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Paul N. (not verified) | 2006-05-01 00:01 | I have as well...

all in good discussion.

email this comment
Amarsir | 2006-04-29 16:28 | Thanks, I responded there.

nt

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-28 08:19 | Safety seat

I addressed the issues surrounding the seat here:

http://www.americaninventorspot.com/node/522

email this comment
Sy (not verified) | 2006-04-27 10:20 | Go to www.safetyegg.com for answers

www.safetyegg.com has a similar car seat. Video on the site shows great action.

email this comment
Amarsir | 2006-04-27 04:17 | Mind saying it a third time?

Seeing as you're anonymous I can't very well find where you said it, but any chance you could point to that post or repeat a detailed explanation why you conclude it makes things worse?

Seems to me with a good bit of calculation toward appropriate weighting and friction (and a few more details worked out) it has a lot of promise. But I'd welcome any intelligent critique.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-26 23:14 | I said it before and I'll

I said it before and I'll say it again. The baby seat will not help the infant in a crash. If anything it will likely make things worse. Don't get your hopes up people.

email this comment
ramsbaby | 2006-04-24 12:23 | This is the Mark I know

Hollywood made Mark Martinez out to be arrigant and hard to work with.Well the Mark that I met was not like that at all.A few years ago he walked in to my fire house and donated a Sackmaster to us. We didn't know what to think until he demonstrated it.And we seen the value in it.He never once pitched his product for money.That showed me his intergrity.I don't believe the image they portrayed of Mark was a true one. I for one being in the Fire & Rescue field See the value in this product.
I also like the Car seat invention. I've seen too many car accidents with kids in cheap car seats.I hope that guy wins.

email this comment
Joe (not verified) | 2006-04-24 09:09 | Mark Martinez and The SackMaster

Mark,
You are a good man. Sorry that editing made you look like an arrogant inventor. We (I) know why you kept the design, etc the same.
To those not in the know: EVERY design team tried to overpower the inventors and thought the show was about them. Because of this the design teams didn't care for the fact that someone had a patent they couldn't stray from. Also because some of the final 12 had respect for other inventors we did not want to infringe on other inventor's patent claims either.
As for the $50,000: we had little control over most of it.
When the time is right I'll reveal more. For now please respect that Mark does have a product that should be sold to help. Is it superior to the gobagger? I believe it is. In this case size does matter. Bigger , stronger and more effective.
Stay well.

email this comment
Sackmaster2000 (not verified) | 2006-04-23 17:35 | Sackmaster2000 versus go-bagger

Doug, If your so sure the go-bagger is a better product I challenge you and your go-bagger team to a race in front of America, loser stops production of product. Put your reputation on that. And about shipping- Thats why we made the box.

email this comment
Sackmaster2000 (not verified) | 2006-04-23 17:14 | This is a letter from Mark

This is a letter from Mark Martinez,Sackmaster2000 I agree and I knew there was a product out there like mine but I also knew that I had my patent first, the owner of the go-bagger wrote me 5 years ago telling me that the competition was good for business, I have no problem with the go-bagger company but I think its unfair to judge the two products unless they are tested side by side. Doug Hall has no business making a judgement without this test. P.S. I'm not as arrogant as made out to be.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-23 15:26 | My Thoughts (because I'm always right :-))

GROUP 1: Erik Thompson was completely the right choice. Although I thought the Sackmaster was the best invention now and the InBrella was the best potentially, Erik sold The Catch far better than Mark "This is not made for leaves" Martinez and Sheryl "It's just a little unwieldy" McDonald. As I keep saying, though, I predict he will be creamed by the other three in votes, assuming anyone is still watching to vote.

GROUP 2: At the moment, I believe Jerry Wesley's EZ-X Portable Gym is the best, so he has the least chance of moving forward. Unless he can work it so you don't have to carry all those heavy pieces all the time when you only want a few, he's toast in this round. Darla Powell's Here Comes Niya doll is, currently, the weakest because it's a swearwordin' trilingual doll! Her best bet is to think up a system where you can interchange languages like video game cards/disks. Even better, if she can fashion these language card/disk/whatevers into something like jewelry for Niya, I could see that as a million seller. Francisco Patino's Double Traction Bike has only one major problem: it's not an add-on. He won't win unless he transforms the second seat/pedal set into a separate item to be attached to any existing bike.

GROUP 3: Jodi Pliszka's Headliner is my personal favorite, so I can't really see how she can improve on it. Maybe it's not machine washable in its current state, so she can work on that. If Ed Hall can improve the programming and mechanics of Word Ace and/or market it towards an older set as an alternative to existing word games (and there are a LOT of them), he has a chance. I really don't see any way for Robert Amore's TonerBelt to be improved to a point that it can beat the other two, unless Jodi and Ed pull a Mark.

GROUP 4: I believe everyone's predicting Janusz Lieberkowski to sail through with his spherical safety seat, especially if he can fix the size problems and adjust the force of the spinning of the seat. I like Sharon Clemens' Restroom Door Clip, but how can she possibly improve it enough to keep up with Janusz. And to any who like Joe and Jenny Safuto's FlushPure, I have to ask why. That toilet particle myth has been busted I believe, and they sure as heck didn't sell it well in the Top 24. Plus, they won't bawl at the drop of a hat. If Thomas Edison's light bulb, Alexander Graham Bell's telephone, and the person who invented the whoopee cushion were on this show, and Mr(s). Whoopee was the only one who cried, (s)he'd move forward.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-23 14:57 | AmericanInventor

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-23 09:19 | Doug Hall's comments on the

Doug Hall's comments on the sackmaster.

http://www.doughall.com/soapbox/

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-23 09:05 | I posted about gobagger

I posted about gobagger (which I mentioned has a more ergonomic design) and I am NOT the guy who makes it and I am in no way associated with it. Next episode I will be back complaining about the other three "inventions". :)

email this comment
Scorpio (not verified) | 2006-04-23 05:14 | episode 6 Semifinals (4-20-06)

Producers of A-I would do inventors everywhere a big favor by suggesting a patent search first before proceeding with their new product idea.

Umbrella Should have won because it is the right product to promote a harmonic milieu (look it up). Perhaps we’ll see her next season or the product in the market place. One can only hope that she benefits in some way for her efforts. An idea is only an idea. A working prototype may be an invention. As I understand the patent process, a working prototype devoid of prior art has a potential of securing a patent status.

Football Catching Device Do we really need to promote a product and respective sport that sends a message to the youth that you can win in life by playing a sport that encourages violent behavior, then confuse the youth by arresting and incarcerating them for that same behavior off the field. Football should be banned from school sports and replaced by a more harmonious sport.

Sack Master How long will a volunteer/emergency worker be able to bend over and lift thousands of #’s of wet sand into a bag affixed to the chute of the current design? How many back injuries will result from this strain? How many additional workers will be needed to replace those with resulting back injuries? What about recovery time and health care workers needed to address these problems? Who is going to store a bulky device for emergency use? How expensive is retail space, shipping, etc. for a product of this bulk? Do sandbags stand any chance against hurricanes produced by weather+wars (google)? What is wrong with filling a sandbag using a shovel (substantially more ergonomically correct), into a collapsible accordion funnel using spring steel for the greater and lesser diameter openings and encasing them with a rotational molded and collapsible/accordion style walls that comprise the funnel shape. Then holding the bag in place with a collapsible frame. The entire works could fit into a compact package and serve to preserve the users back. How many more workers will be needed to replace and care for those injured using the Sack Master? Why are so many people upset that he wanted a nice personal package (suit) that enabled him to be presentable?

The producers of A-I are doing inventors a favor be depicting the inventors respective personalities, the need for a working prototype before starting the race to the finish line, production process development lead times, the vast amounts of capital necessary for success, to name just a few of the issues.

What good is a product if society is assaulting each other in the name of a game called football and crippled with back injuries because of poor posture while filling sandbags?
It’s interesting seeing the different inventor’s personalities and how myself, my small inventor colleagues, and society as a whole can benefit by observing the likes of other inventor’s behavior. This program is a wonderful learning experience for all us inventors and the general public to learn the plight of an inventor, to see the different approaches, obstacles, etc., required to succeed.

The baby seat should win the competition although the dial a brew is more likely to win.
Andy, you have an awesome perspective.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-23 01:07 | Stupid people don't know what they are talking about

Stupid people don't know what they are talking about.Don't you think they cut that all up to make it look that way? We have no clue how it really went down.Let's see you go on National T.V. see what words they edit coming out of your mouths.Did you ever think they allowed him to spend money on him self.If you remember he started out in jeans and a t-shirt.Maybe he had nothing to wear.Wouldn't you want to look your best on National T.V. I thought Sheryl looked nice. No one questioned how much she spent.And as for Eric he only brought one outfit.He probally sent his money home to pay some bills.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-22 21:52 | You can tell by the comments

You can tell by the comments that this person is making he must have something to do with the GoBagger and personal gain. Martinez did not conform to what they wanted. So they portray him being stubborn.Remember this is T.V. I would like to see the Sackmaster in a head to head competition against that imitation any day.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-22 17:04 | A few things to consider

I'm a professional product developer (no, not an inventor - I work at a design firm). In my humble opinion, here a few points to consider.

1) "The design team let her down"
Ummm, if you think you can go from a cocktail umbrella and a sketch to a fully-functioning, "user-proof", compact and completely finished product in 4 weeks (and, they probably didn't even have that long), then you really don't know much about product development. I'm impressed they got as far as they did - it worked (albeit manually), and was on it's way to being of a manageable size. And, it worked pretty well in testing. Don't fault the design team on this one. Ed is no product developer - if he had been he would have seen the the Inbrella was well on its way to being a finished product. The inventor used the money well and had a product with the potential for mass appeal. For those two reasons, she should have won this round.

Sackmaster.
2) If Mark Martinez really didn't want anything to change on his product because of his "patent" then he's as dumb as he is stubborn. He has a *design* patent. A design patent only covers how something looks. Design patents are basically worthless - you can just change the shape and get around that patent. Also, any patent attorney could file a design patent in a day - there is nothing to it: a couple standard sentences and then a few images showing the product from different angles. Martinez was silly to not use his money to let the design team come up with improvements - what about stacking? (his product doesn't nest; the gobagger does - that's why the gobagger is better, in my opinion), what about storage? what about ergonomics? etc. Also, bear in mind that the 50K was a "use it or lose it" deal - the inventors have to give back everything they don't use. This is a classic case of an inventor clinging to his "perfect" solution and not accepting constructive help. Mark blew it, and gobagger is laughing all the way to the bank.

3) Receiver training pole.
Wow. If this is the next big American invention, we're all in a lot of trouble. Do the math: How many people play football ? (Okay, quite a few) How many receivers are there? (hmmm, a much smaller number) How many receivers are there who need help catching? (ummm, probably not that many - they're probably receivers because they're already good at catching) How many receivers are there who need help catching and who are willing to wear a large pool noodle strapped to their chest? There must be at least 30 or 40 customers out there for a product like this. It's gonna be HUGE. Well done, ABC.

email this comment
bygeorge1 (not verified) | 2006-04-22 10:31 | finally saw the show

I work nights so I finally saw the show Fri., the inbrella was poorly represented after her design crew destroyed what she wanted, but it's also her mistake for not demanding a better product from them, from what she had on an earlier show the new product looked nothing like it, that one worked great it seemed,

the sackmaster guy, he wasn't a total idiot because he had a product that he liked as he designed, just a fool for saying what he did with some of the money,the part about New Orleans, the city crew did about 80 some sandbags, and his people did over a hundred, didn't seem like a big difference, but, city crew used 2 people to fill the bags, sackmaster people 1, so you're looking at at least doubling the output with the sackmaster, using 2 people to do a one person job, I'd take the one person way any day.

the pole guy, he had the best presentation, showed that he was into getting this thing to look better for the show, but he may have made it too good looking and now the price might be too expensive for most inner city kids and programs to afford, and the phone calls about his personal problems might have sealed the competition,waa waa, at least for this episode,

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-22 15:39 | Gobagger

So what if the patent is similar and the sackmaster came up a year earlier? McDonald's figured out how to get lots of french fried into a tiny sack long before the any of the sand bagger inventors. While the gobagger has been around and IN USE by professionals for years what has the "inventor" of the sackmaster done? Whine about how poor he is and about "saving lives"? The man who developed the gobagger has a better, more ergonomic design. He is also a architech/contractor who has his own business. He didn't need to quite his job and blow his life savings on his product. He actually sounds intellegent. The gobagger is is also smaller and stackable which makes it easier to transport lots of them in an emergency or sell in a store. Perhaps he listened to suggestions made by others...

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 22:39 | How about in Iraq? How many

How about in Iraq?
How many sand bags do you think Our troops made?
Tightly packed sand bags is what we use for protection.
It's not all about 9 feet of water.

What about Seattle where it rains all the time?
I guess the catch pole would help you out?
You can't compair a novelty with a real invention!!

email this comment
thinkoutsidethe... | 2006-04-22 17:18 | Well said.

The receiver pole, is never going to be huge. The sackmaster, could've been huge. Stubborness got in it's way. In many ways, the show was looking for a partner along with an inventor. And who wants a stubborn partner. All the guy needed to do was just a little. just a stupid little strap. That's it and I bet he would have won. Even having done nothing, I think if he hadn't blown nearly 3G on a suit for himself, he might have still had a shot.

email this comment
LBS (not verified) | 2006-04-21 22:25 | Still a better show than the previous one

Her design team let her down, but her idea, starting out visually as an "idea" is what this is all about.
I think that's a little unfair. She didn't actually design her own invention, and was counting on them to come up with a detailed working version of something she for which she had only a vague concept. Maybe they could have done better but if the consultants have to e that creative, at some point aren't they doing the actual invention?

Mark was the victim of his own hubris. Of course it didn't help that he had a marketing guy, who probably wouldn't be satisfied until the scoop glowed in the dark and played a tune every time you took a shovelful.

And as for Erik, he's a great guy but come on. My invention next year is a rope, you tie a soccer player's arms against his body so he learns not to use his hands. The player base is even larger so I'm a guaranteed winner!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 22:21 | 2nd show of hands

How about in Iraq?
How many sand bags do you think Our troops made?
Tightly packed sand bags is what we use for protection.
It's not all about 9 feet of water.

What about Seattle where it rains all the time?
I guess the catch pole would help you out?
You can't compair a novelty with a real invention!!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 21:43 | remember, it's T.V.

To the people out there who think that Mark was arrogant shouldnt mistake arrogance for confidence in his product he's had 17 years to think about it. His was the only prototype that actually worked. And about any copy cats The Sackmaster is the first patented sandbagger. Did the judgeing criteria change? I thought it was supposed to be about the product helping humanity and having mass appeal.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 20:42 | The Sackmaster already

The Sackmaster already exists as the Gobagger so obviously the guy didn't do his research. Neither did the producers since it wasn't even brought up. Also, how stupid was the focus group? Why does a shovel need a focus group? Insane.

The Un-brella/IM-brella is a great idea but she was totally screwed by an inept design team that couldn't even make a fully funtioning unit that's smallerr than a lamp. How crappy was that.

Eric and his J-Pole is a good idea and it's already been explained that you can't get hurt because of the flexability of it. Maybe his idea wasn't the best or most groundbreaking but he came thru with something that works. It also didn't hurt that he's a nice guy and needed it the most.

email this comment
thinkoutsidethe... | 2006-04-21 19:32 | WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA THAT ARE BEING USED TO JUDGE?

That would be a good question to ask Doug Hall this Sunday night at 9:30PM EST right here at the AmericanInventorSpot website. Live.

He'll be answering questions, no holds barred.

So the question I have is, what exactly are the criteria that were used to judge these inventions. I think many of us universally agree that the Sackmaster was a really good idea. And that Mark was a stubborn ass for not doing a thing. I agree, he shouldn't have changed his invention dramatically, because that would have meant applying for a new patent. But... he could have also chosen to make some adjustments, used some of the 50G for applying for a new patent, and had more than one version of his idea that could go to market.

So... I wonder if one of the criteria was willingness to adapt. Or... ability to work with others. If you think about this show like an interview with an employer, who would you want to work with in the future? Who would you want out there in the world promoting the product you are investing in so that you can increase sales? Would it be someone with some charisma, or someone really, really stubborn?

I hope Mark's invention lands in the hands of every emergency workers hands that needs it. And I imagine there's a good chance the show will choose to option the invention. But I doubt anyone would have told him to not try to make it to the final round and win the million bucks.
But again, feel free to ask Doug Sunday night at 9:30PM EST right here at the spot.

Read the Doug Hall Live Blog Preview

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-04-21 22:13 | Doug is not an athlete...

...but he should know about Kinesiological training. I'm not voting for Erik's trainer to win, yet, but as far as it's validity as an effective reciever's training device, I think it has a lot of potential and a somewhat large market. And I don';t think they'll cost too much to make and ship. Good thing he didn't have a design patent on it.

Please check out my invention at .

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 18:46 | "The show lost it's credibility"

Eric,
Someone needs to poll the New Orleans Saints football team.
Who were devastated by Hurricane Katrina. And let them be the judge's.
Use the catch pole, to catch a ball. Or use the Sackmaster to save their homes and famlies. They should change the name of this show.
How about the "AMERICAN NOVELTIES"
How could this show "JUMP THE SHARK" in it's first season?
BRING back "THE SACKMASTER"
And send ED home with Eric

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 22:12 | Mark did change his shovel,

Mark did change his shovel, his first shovel was orange Ed told him to change the color and he did its yellow he changed the name from the Sackmaster 2000 to Sackmaster he had a logo designed and a new insignia to put on the box. Looks like he added a strap just to appease the judges. I checked it out he filed for a patent in 1999, that explains why he didnt change his product for the show. The more he changes the less he owns. He's smart!

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-04-21 22:04 | Show of hands

How many residents even attempted to fill one sandbag when they heard the water was rising? How could any of them shovel enough sand around the city(assuming FEMA could've delivered it) to fight a nine foot flood anyway?

I think we should move on and accept Erik won this round. I personally think it could be a great coaching tool for all ages including Pro ball. It follows with well known principles of teaching eye hand coordination. It's the same principle of honing running skills or eye/foot coordination when players run through tires. It works with the body's kinesthetic sense or body awareness. I think it's a really smart idea and should be tested more thoroughly.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 18:11 | What would you do?

How would you like it if you invented something spent thousands on
patenting it.And someone tells you that you need to change it.
Wouldn't that make it their invention not his? No wonder he fired them .
You can't get a patent in 30 days.And if you change the design you
need a new patent.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 17:35 | Which product do you VALUE???

This is NOT a popularity contest.
This is NOT who has the best SOB story.
Let's base this on what it is.An Invention show. I coach football.
I've made a lot of sand bags.And i've had to pull a wet unbrella in
to a car.
1st. The Sack Master has human value.
2nd The unbella has some personal value.
3rd The catching pole has some athletic value.
NOW!!How can you put any VALUE in front of human!!!
Hands down " The Sack Master"

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 17:34 | Which product do you VALUE???

to a car.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 17:32 | Which product do you VALUE???

to a car.

email this comment
Anonymous Not-So-Fast Was Too Fast (not verified) | 2006-04-21 15:10 | Ooops/Correction

I got "Ed", the Judge, mixed up with "Mark", the inventor???? Or did others mix it up first and I followed? Anyway, I think the Judge--whatever his name--advised the inventor--whatever his name--to get out of the competition (which he wouldn't win due to the invention's limited appeal to the general public) and proceed by marketing the product for the specific target population.

Does this make more sense?

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 15:27 | Ed Evangelista the judge is Mr ED. Mark is the inventor

Mr ED. Horses ass. That's funny !
Sackmaster Mark although edited to look arrogant had a REAL invention. Kudos to you Mark.

email this comment
Sy (not verified) | 2006-04-21 15:22 | Ed the Judge is Mr ED not sackmaster Mark

Mark is the inventor. Smart Invention. Full stop.
Ed Evangelista is the narrow minded advertising hack.

email this comment
Andy (not verified) | 2006-04-21 14:08 | Mark really blew it!

Mark, really blew it. He could have used this product to launch
a whole product line. I can envision a larger scoop one called
the leafmaster. How about small version to use in the kitchen for filling
bags or containers called the kitchenmaster, or a general purpose
smaller one called the scoopmaster. He was too narrow minded and
that is really too bad because he has a great invention. Who knows
with a little development there could have been a whole bag line
to go with it. Sand bags that work exclusively with the sackmaster.
That would have been a consumable and then you are talking about making
big bucks.

email this comment
Sy (not verified) | 2006-04-21 13:19 | Looking forward to judges with real vision not Mister ED

The best of the first three obviously was the Shovel man (Sacmaster). Ed made a huge ego mistake. Yes Eric had some charisma but it's about the invention HELPING AMERICA. Thomas Edison was known as an arrogant jerk but yet look at what he brought to the world. I'm certain ED Evangelista would have turned down the lightbulb because he felt that Mr Edison didn't come across or try hard enough. I'm going to call Mr Evangelista MR. ED from now on because he's a horses ass.

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-04-21 21:46 | Saving the day

There's no way a family of five is going to dig enough sand from around their house, put it all in sandbags and stop a nine foot flood. I think Mark's piggybacking on New Orleans is a little bit of a stretch. I think he should do like someone else said at another blog and start a whole product line, make a smaller version for beach play or for Fido, my favorite the Poopmaster with a special kitty litter version.

I think your equating the merits of the Sacmaster to one of Edisons is a bit of a stretch. I don't think Mark's version of the French Fry Scoop is any better than the Gobagger. He should've taken the 50K and made a couple thousand and just started selling them outright. That would be a good indicator of their popularity. This is a good example of why design patents are a waste of time. They allow no flexibility in the products design.

email this comment
Anonymous Not-So-Fast (not verified) | 2006-04-21 14:17 | Sy is Psyched

I'm not so sure that Ed made a mistake or that he even "lost". I think it is more likely that he "won behind the scenes". It is my understanding that the Judge for this round was to advise the three inventors and help them "take the inventions to the next level". If Ed essentially had a finished product and only needed to package it, then he did precisely what he NEEDED to do.

For dramatic tv purposes, Ed was made to look like a fool and it appears many people "bought" it. I wouldn't be surprised if--behind the scenes--he was specifically advised to get the "finished product" ready for the shelves and his product will soon be available. He can use the remaining $30,000 to manufacture as many shovels as he can and go on to reap his profits....but not needlessly go on to the finals.

Ed may not have won the contest, but he is probably better off by "losing" and quickly reaping his profits.

There's no "horses's ass" here. Ed did not need to waste any more time on his "invention"....he needed to get his invention on the market. (Isn't hurricane season coming?)

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 12:24 | In a preview Doug tod the

In a preview Doug tod the car seat guy that he didn't try hard enough so this invention most likely didn't make it either. It along with the Inbrella were the only two mass marketable inventions.

email this comment
Anonymous "Classy Lady" (not verified) | 2006-04-21 12:01 | Classifications vs. Appeal

Although the idea of putting the inventions into categories may make sense, it wouldn't fulfull the show's need to appeal to a wide audience each week. If all the sports-related inventions were placed together, the sports enthusiasts might not watch all the episodes! It makes more sense to keep the items separate--until, perhaps, the final showdown.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 11:55 | inbrella

loved the umbrella idea, would purchase it

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 11:55 | The "sackmaster" has ALREADY

The "sackmaster" has ALREADY been invented! It is called the gobagger (www.gobagger.com). It is the same thing but better design. Did he bother doing a net search before spending all that time and money?

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 16:54 | GoBagger is a copy of the Sack Master " Who has the PATENT"????

The "GoBagger" is a cheap imitation of the Sack Master Who has the
patient???? I read patent "PENDING" on the "CopyBagger"
web site. According to the U S patient office The Sack Master holds
the patent.I hope this guy Mark sues the "CopyBagger".

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-04-21 21:30 | Design patent

"I hope this guy Mark sues the "CopyBagger"

I think Mark's patent is a design patent. I learned early on how useless design patents are. Mark's best bet would've been to make as many as he could with the 50K and sell them to FEMA he could charge $500 a piece and get it without the box.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 15:44 | excuse me but if you will

excuse me but if you will read in another posting by this website, Mark actually had his patent before the gobagger. check it out before you rashly speak.....

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 11:54 | retired college/semi pro football player here

eric's final product did look "slick" and probably might attract attention, but the way it works in the real world of football the profitability would be restricted to young kids just starting out, learning the skills, most of the passes thrown to you are not 100% perfect passes, so the speed, agility, physical condition of the athlete is far more important. Also, the fact that the finished final slick looking product was not even used (as posted above) also made me wonder if in fact the producers have already picked their winners ahead of time, just to make good ratings with the personalities of people, and the "what will happen to Eric's business, and his house" "tune in next week" like a soap opera. Sorry, I also like the umbrella idea, the shovel guy claimed he was trying to save lives, but would not budge, even just a little. I would buy that umbrella, even tho I am a guy, I hate like hell getting my sports car, and my business suits wet after fumbling with a crappy umbrella, which is why I dont own one, but this one I would buy.

email this comment

(existing replies 2)

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 21:53 | patent has been checked!

The sackmaster was patented before the go bagger and is far superior.

email this comment
thinkoutsidethe... | 2006-04-21 11:52 | It's called AMERICAN INVENTOR... not Invention.

Someone said it earlier, and it makes for an intersting POV. Maybe it's not as much about the Invention, but the Inventor that is trying to bring it to life. Therefore, the passion, willingness to adapt, and drama reality tv story play a large role in the decision process.

I think these questions would be interesting to ask Doug Hall, this Sunday night at 9:30pm EST, right here at americaninventorspot.com

He is going to do a guest blog - and the more people who join in, the more robust the conversation will be. He will have the ability, just like you, to comment in real time. And he has said it is no holds barred. Ask whatever you like, just make the comments intelligent, not just whiney. So don't whine about why someone didn't move through, ask him an well articulated question about why someone didn't move through. Or how he formulates his opinions.

You get the idea. Sunday night, 9:30pm EST, LIVE at AMERICANINVENTORSPOT.COM - it's an exclusive. And we're quite happy about it. Hopefully, this will drive even more traffic to this site, help the inventors in our gallery, and be fun too.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 11:38 | we all want that in-brella!!!

A group of us (eight) have been watching this show, and without question, we all thought that the in-brella was something that we all most certainly would have purchased (we all live in a very rainy state) Her design team let her down, but her idea, starting out visually as an "idea" is what this is all about. And then to watch it grow and develop in stages was very interesting. As for the sacmaster man, the fact that his shovel outdid a professional rescue team...WOW! What exactly were the numbers on that again? Something like 84 to one hundred something??? So, statistically speaking, what was it like a 25-30% increase? And it was done by people who had never really even shoveled sand. So, put the pros against the pros with this tool and I bet the increase would be close to 50-60% more bags. What does this guy do for a living anyway? Great invention, but his inflexible attitude did him in, maybe this is how his personality is, not sure how this works for him. As for Eric, the fact that he has allowed his personal responsibilities to nose dive just indicates to us all that this is the way he probably lives his life, the who cares attitude, someone else will just have to clean up my mess. Seems like a nice guy, but the fact that his final invention was not even used in the final testing, because he was afraid that it would break???????? WTF?????? That is what outraged everyone of us watching....DUH! So, the umbrella lady should have done the same thing with her own original second stage umbrella, instead she got dumped (pun intended) on. Obviously, the producers want showbiz personalities, we were all disappointed, and should have known better that this was just another manipulative attempt at keeping things objective...NOT! Good luck to the man with the baby car seat!

email this comment
Anonymous Un-thinker (not verified) | 2006-04-21 11:26 | Controversy

It seems like the judges have chosen so-called inventions that are likely to cause disagreement and debate over their value and whether or not they should have been chosen to move forward. It is a TV show that needs to stir emotions in order to continue to attract an audience. In this regards, I think the judges' decisions have met their objective.

email this comment
Wade (not verified) | 2006-04-21 08:28 | The importance of 3s grouping

I'm going to change the subject of this blog: Due to the nature of this competition, there are lots of 'apples & oranges' comparisons. What do you think about how ABC grouped these last 12 finalists?

Personally, I would have grouped them differently. For example, EZ-X exercise with the Eric's RTP Catch with the Toner belt. Then at least the best of their category would advance, and other inventions would be judged better within their category.

I see they put the Bathroom clip with the Pure Flush toilet cover, which is good...but what is the 3rd invention? My predicted winner, the baby car seat (I hope it test out good)! They should have grouped the baby car seat with the Sackmaster because they save lives. The bathroom clip and pure flush would have a better chance of advancing.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 17:48 | I REALLY LIKE THE IDEA OF

I REALLY LIKE THE IDEA OF THE SHOW, BUT THEY SHOULD SHOW
MORE BEHIND THE SCENES THINGS, WITH THE 12 PRODUCTS
BEING REMADE AND THE PROBLEMS WITH THE DESIGN TEAMS
THAT WERE USED, CLEARLY IT COST THE UMBRELLA LADY
EVERYTHING.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 17:31 | very good,the idea was

very good,the idea was right, but the show does what
sells, what they should do is take all twelve together
without groups and pair it down from there, this way the
lame ideas or the ones that don't work will be knocked
out first.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 09:07 | Erik's RTP

Even though this is a niche product there is a sizable market for it If you consider peewee(little league) football, grade school , high school and college football programs that is a sizable market.Plus if you are into athletics there are all kinds of training aids being sold because kids want to get any kind of edge on the competition they can get. Is it an invention that will save humanity... no, the sackmaster is most likely that, but for marketablity it is as niche as Eriks product. So a lot of this comes down to personality and Erik even though he has problems he did mention this, but he did not cry about his troubles, big difference from the other contestants.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 10:07 | Football trainer

I did not like the Hells, Damns, and etc. If your mad , I say ok. Just saying them out for effect and its tacky.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 09:15 | baby car seat

I like the concept I just think the liability issues are too high and the cost for development and testing of the product go way beyond 50K. Because of those issues I don't think that product can win.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 07:43 | Jesus

Shut up donna you're a bigger god damn whiner than erik was. At least hes whining trying to win a million dollars you're whining on an internet message board. wah wah wah shut up

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-24 21:24 | Jesus-my reply to you

if you do not like what I post,then do not read it
or you get off the board,cuz I am not going anywere
oh and your coments do not hurt me at one bit
you must be pretty dumb to have figured out by now
I am not leaving
so you shut up and stop whining cuz you do not like what you read
Its amercia and I can post what I want

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 07:21 | are you guys high?

I know yesterday was 4-20 but come on. Lets recap here of the 3 products sackmaster was the only fully functional product. Unbrella did not work, Eric did not even test the finished product because it would break!! Yeah, great product that you can't even use becuase your scared it break. Now grant it Mark was idiot for not at least making a better strap but his final product actually worked. Very sad in my opinion.

email this comment
Anonymous Double Dah (not verified) | 2006-04-21 04:27 | Being "trained" to use hands to catch a football?

Gee, it seems more like common sense to me. If the football players can't remember that they need to use their hands to catch a ball, are they even going to be able to be accepted to college? Besides, even if their "skills" are improved the result will be more false hopes of making it big in football. They need to make better use of an old invention: books! Learn something valuable and quit dreaming. Get off the field and go into the classroom.

email this comment
Anonymous Coach Carter (not verified) | 2006-04-21 03:47 | "Free Training" vs. Receiver's Training Pole

Why is the device even needed? Can't the coach simply tell the players that they need to use their hands to catch the ball? And if the players don't listen, the coach can start screaming at them until they do use their hands. I think this product is unnecessary and looks ridiculous....football players already wear a lot a gear and coaches already have the ability to scream at the players.

email this comment
Anonymous Spellmaster (not verified) | 2006-04-20 21:09 | Hey, man, it is "Erik", not "Eric"

So his name is NOT in Am ERIC an Inventor.

F O O tbal L FLUB.

How the heck is that a "pole"? It looks more like
defective scuba gear or a backwards periscope.....
Maybe he could "improve" it by added a high intensity
light that would blind the opposing team thereby giving
the wearer's team a better chance at scoring a touchdown.

I think Erik should team up with the bicycle boy: together
they could "invent" a bicycle with a front air bag.

email this comment
Anonymous Z-Girl (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:53 | Wet "Un-brella"???? Belongs with Disposable Toilet Bowl Wands!

I think that some water would be going into the handle once the
un-brella was retracted and water accumulation over time would
have its toll. It would probably become moldy and/or stinky and
perhaps cause rust if the parts were made of metal. And, what
would happen if someone had to reopen the un-brella shortly after
putting it away? Would not the water drops come out onto the
person? Just because the un-brella is retracted in a different
way does not necessarily mean that ALL water would cease being a
problem.

email this comment
Aries | 2006-04-20 20:33 | Inbrella

I agree that the inbrella would have been very costly to get it to where the judges needed to be. I wish we knew how much she spent to get it the point it could close manually.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:30 | it looks like you're the one

it looks like you're the one sobbing about your life. i didn't post my problems. you did.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:38 | it looks like you're the one-nope just saying that would be

I was saying now that would be something to cry about
That is something I could actualy feel emotion for and care about,but not this guy and his poor me routine

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:26 | finally something we agree on

Yes, I want the car seat to win too (assuming its possible to make it safe for chidren). But one of the three contestants tonight had to move forward into the final four. If you were Ed (the judge who had to choose tonight) - which one would you have chosen. You can only pick from the unbrella, sacmaster and reciever's training pole. Those were the choices Ed had.

email this comment
donna payne (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:35 | finally something we agree on-my reply

Hi
well you know actualy if I had been the judges,none of those would of made it to the finals
So,for me to have to chose out of those that were on tonight
you know it would not be Eric,that leaves the other two
and they were not good either
The sackmaster is all ready on the market
The umbrella, I know there is something out there like
that one already too
So ---none of them, I know not a choice,but how can I chose one I do not believe in and the other two when they already have been done before??

email this comment
Anonymous Zebra (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:26 | Disadvantaged aspiring football players would need MONEY to buy

the contraption!!!!! I haven't seen any estimates regarding how
much the darn thing would cost IF it were available to purchase!
Even if "reasonably" priced, how could these disadvantaged youths
purchase them? Erik asserted that football is their "ticket" and
the youths would want anything that could help their chances of
getting a football scholarship to college, but I'd be willing to
bet that whatever product is ultimately chosen will be quite pricey!!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:24 | OMG

He did not cry about not making it into football - the EZ X portable gym is the guy who cried about getting cut out of football his senior year.

email this comment
Donna Payne (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:23 | ops forgot to answer you on who I want to win

First let me say, I can post all I want here too
This is america,if you do not like what I have to say,then do not read it,its that simple
Second, the car seat is about the only idea left worth much time.
I am not sure about any others, still deciding
But definetly not Eric-that is how I feel and I wont
back down from what I have to say
so read it or dont, I do not care

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 12:20 | All are eliminated as of

All are eliminated as of weeks ago and the preview of Doug telling the car seat Guy he didn't try hard enough isn't encouraging that it made it to the final four. The Inbrela was the only other "mass" market segment invention, so there you've got it- this show seems to be a bust before we really know the ending.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:22 | Eric's got the last laugh.

Eric's got the last laugh. He will actually make some money off this product. So keep on saying how this sucks. He still made it into the final four. It's amazing how naive you guys are. Its a show - you need to pick a person to go forward. Pick one. Defend the one you've chosen THEN you can trash Eric.

email this comment
Donna Payne (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:25 | Eric's got the last laugh.-let me ask you this then

what makes his product better then others??
Ummm, lets see NOTHING
He will not have the last laugh
He is such a cry baby he does not know how to laugh

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 17:21 | weather he is a cry baby or

weather he is a cry baby or not, the whole idea of the
was the other two products were not presented well, and
he had to chose someone, if this guy makes it then the
show is rigged, the toilet seat is the only true idea.
of the twelve, he does something.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:16 | donna which one would you

donna which one would you have chosen?

email this comment
Anonymous | 2006-04-20 20:15 | If I had to choose one of

If I had to choose one of the three to have drinks with, I would choose Eric too. Sheryl would probably cry the whole time. Mark would just tell you how wonderful he is and how much better he is than anyone else for making a product to save humanity.

email this comment
donna payne (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:28 | If I had to choose one of-then go have a drink

hey then maybe you two can sit a sob about how hard your life is
WAAAAAAA

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:09 | what are you guys? idiots?

what are you guys? idiots? when the football team used the product. it actually helped him. why don't we stop having average joes respond on the fact that it wouldn't work and have some real football players tell us what they think.

email this comment
Anonymous Anti-footballer (not verified) | 2006-04-20 21:14 | "Real football players"

Gee, that is really convincing evidence. Did it occur to you that
the improvement may have been due to the players trying even harder
because they knew they were being watched and perhaps told in advance
that it WILL improve their game?

email this comment
donna payne (not verified) | 2006-04-21 03:44 | YES YES to both of you for seeing the truth

You guys are right on with both your comments
I think the problem with him doing so good is he only got by on his sob stories and thats why he is where he is

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:16 | what are you guys? idiots?-Ohhh please you are the idot

You are the idot for feeling sorry for this cry baby
Its not safe, a waste of time
Here let me give you a dunce cap to wear
LOL

email this comment
thinkoutsidethe... | 2006-04-20 20:09 | 50G WASTED.

Sheryl... Ok... so the Inbrella thing didn't work. Great idea, but too big. Fixable, but not without money. So BUST she's gone.

Mark... stubborness always does the stubborn in. They think they're right and it comes back to kick them in the ass. All he had to do was listen. 50G. Let's see, I would have made it collapsable, like an accordian. That would make it smaller, and unique. Like one of those collapsable drainpikes that bend around corners. How about making it reflective, for night. The strap was a no brainer. Stubborn, stubborn, stubborn. And the packaging, ugh. No comment.

I hope his product makes it to market, despite his stubborness. Or maybe, now, as a result of it. yes, there are similar products (smaller) on the market already. but at least this show brought the idea to light. so the product, if not by Mark, will help someone somewhere in a time of need.

The receiver training pole. The guy spent the money wisely, making it look good. But there's no way that thing is moving to the end. Should have kept 10G to pay off a few bills. Actually, who knows, maybe he did. We never heard just how much each of them spent other than SACKMASTER guy.

email this comment
Anonymous Zorro (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:00 | Erik's "Receiver's Training Pole"

Sorry, but I don't agree that Erik's "invention" is worthy. In fact,
I would like to know what happens when someone properly catches the
football but trips or falls~~~~ I see one-eyed football players and
lawsuits in his future. The device is a hazard to the player and his
or her teammates. Do we really want the next "American Inventor" to
be best known for the new product that caused the most eye injuries?
That thing can't feel good in one's gut, either. The invention may
not be lame, but the consumers could end up that way.

I think Erik should stuff his "Receiver's Training Pole" into the
empty sandmaster or un-brella.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:04 | Erik's "Receiver's Training Pole"-Wow, someone else who is smart

Yea, I was beging to think I was the only smart one out there
I agree on the whole safety issue
You see, ppl are only feeling sorry for him
That is all or either that all these ppl posting here is family and heck,they probably just feel sorry for him too and probably embarassed cuz he is a big cry baby
LOL

email this comment
Donna Payne (not verified) | 2006-04-20 19:57 | Eric is a big cry baby !!!!

I for one can not wait till they kick him to the curb
I am sick of his sob stories
This show is suppose to be about a invention most amercians would use-his is a waste of time
If he makes it ,this show was rigged and he only won because
enough americans bought into his sob stories
Please wake up people-do not let some cry baby win becasue they stand there and give there sob stories to you
Pick a real winner,one who deserves it

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 19:04 | How many kids does Eric

How many kids does Eric have? He keeps hugging and kissing another kid. Are they all his?

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-04-20 20:28 | Eric's trainer

Cheryl's umbrella needed more money- bad for the bottom line. Maybe, if Mark has a design patent, he was against making changes (what was the remaining 5% that he considered not finished?)because it wouldn't be covered? The Gobagger is very similar.

Eric's trainer has to cost less to manufacture and ship compared to the umbrella. It doesn't have as big a market compared to the umbrella, but the start-up and production costs are less. It would have a better profit margin. Bottomline.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 16:11 | k

k

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 19:02 | I'm so happy the football

I'm so happy the football thing won. That guy seemed really cool.

email this comment
Donna Payne (not verified) | 2006-04-20 19:59 | I'm so happy the football-again ppl wake up he is a cry baby

A waste of time and I will keep saying it
His invention is not worth the time or day
Wake up america
Gee,at least some of us are smart enought to see through
his act

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 19:00 | I called it. Eric

I called it. Eric wins!!!!!! Mark didn't deserve it. He was way too confident.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 16:21 | What's wrong with

What's wrong with confidents? That's just what hollywood showed you
We don't know what happen behind the scene.Mark had a finished and
patient product.The others didn't.I will call this though MARK will
win in the END!!!!!!!! In a years time lets see who makes more
MONEY$$$$$$

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:57 | Eric has to win because I

Eric has to win because I remember seeing a preview for this episode and Ed is telling one of the contestansts that he did not do anything with the $50K.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:56 | go eric.

go eric.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:55 | un-brella - did not make it.

un-brella - did not make it. not surprised.

email this comment

(existing replies 3)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:36 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:50 | I feel bad for Sheryl (is

I feel bad for Sheryl (is that the unbrella woman's name). If her team had pulled through for her. she may have had a great chance of winning (at least this round).

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:49 | for humanity. for humanity.

for humanity. for humanity. for humanity. doesn't he know what else to say.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:48 | he's getting yelled at.

he's getting yelled at. good.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:48 | Mark's in New Orleans.

Mark's in New Orleans. Seems like it works. Doesn't change the fact that he seems like a jerk and difficult to work with.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:45 | The un-brella looks a lot

The un-brella looks a lot smaller than a regular umbrella. Covers less.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:41 | Go Eric. I want you to win

Go Eric. I want you to win too.

email this comment
Donna Payne (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:01 | Go Eric. I want you to win-give me a break-you fell for it too

Gee another dumb american who fell for the poor me routine

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:07 | Fan of Eric. He has a sad

Fan of Eric. He has a sad life story. You know what the difference is between him and the other people. The other people are always tearing up. Have you seen one tear in his eye? No. and I respect him for that. He's had a tough life. He's just telling it like it is. And you know what else. Its a TV show. get it? it needs to get ratings. hi - i'm a middle class white guy with no problems and completely average, guess what - no ratings. again, the difference between Eric and the other people is that he's not sobbing. I can't stand when people cry all the time. Cheryl. Mary Lou boo hoo. Everyone's life sucks to some degree. You don't have to cry about it and feel sorry for yourself. Donna - who would you have wanted to win. You have to choose one of the three. and if you say none of them - stop watching the show and stop commenting about it on the site.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:20 | Fan of Eric. He has a sad-ahhh so if his white,no go,but black -

So now you are making it a racest thing???
And he did stand there and tear up about not making in
football,that is what turned me off from the go on him
It was the poor me, I did not make it in football
You want to hear hard life, try being sexaul molested and beating your whole life,then come cry to me
Okay

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:40 | mass appeal - every high

mass appeal - every high school and middle school team would get it. that's a whole lot of kids. Erik is great. I hope he wins.

email this comment
Donna Payne (not verified) | 2006-04-20 20:14 | Erik's "Receiver's Training Pole"

Please, I do not agree with you
First its not safe ,second its not a product worth time
Not one all americans would use and I do not think every school out there would get one
You must be a family member or a friend or just fell for his poor me routine
WAKE UP and get real

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:34 | You guys are too funny.

You guys are too funny. He's a total loser.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:32 | He could have at least spent

He could have at least spent some money on a strap. Loser. Literally.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:32 | A whole new box. I'm with

A whole new box. I'm with you. That is impressive.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:31 | Wow - Mark spent his $50,000

Wow - Mark spent his $50,000 on a new box. I am sure the judges will be really impressed.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 17:10 | You people don't watch very

You people don't watch very close he spent just over
20,000 and a new 2,000 in clothes,

email this comment
Gary B (not verified) | 2006-04-21 10:04 | Football trainer

He won last night because he had best presentation
. The un brella was just not ready, so that gave him a automatic out for her. The sand shovel guy was the smartest of the bunch. He would not have won overall and he left show with $30,000 in his pocket and his product will be bought from goverment or company. The foot ball trainer will not win $1,000,000 either. Only if the other 3 products are worse .His product is too limited to just coaches and schools. We also never saw all the balls dropped from game. .They missed some balls on purpose, you could tell that. If more passes were missed than caught ,then product does not work well enough.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:30 | Sheryl was robbed. Her

Sheryl was robbed. Her design team did not make the deadline so now she has a product that does not work. Ooooh. That just sucks.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 17:08 | feel really bad for her, the

feel really bad for her, the design team was the downfall o

of her product, they should get fired

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:25 | LOVE the websites new look

It looks like you guys changed the logo for the website. It looks GREAT!!!!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:24 | sacmaster 2000

why are they portraying him so awfully. he must not make it to the next round. because it seems like the producers are made at him for spending the 50 grand on himself (because he sure didn't spend it on the product).

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 14:13 | Exactly. He's gonna get

Exactly. He's gonna get canned.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:21 | Eric - love his spirit. if

Eric - love his spirit. if we had to pick just based on personality ... I would pick him. He's the only one who does not whine. He's the only one I would go out for a drink with. Cool guy. Mark - I was yelling at him when he was meeting with the design team. I wish he could hear me. He fired his team. Arrogant. He's not going anywhere.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 14:13 | That's true. Eric was the

That's true. Eric was the only one who was not pandering and doing the poor me spiel.

email this comment
Donna Payne (not verified) | 2006-04-20 19:52 | Eric - love his spirit. if-My Reply to you

he is nothing but a cry baby
Waaaa, I did not make it at football
Waaaa, I had to file bankrupt
His invention is not worth anyting ,a waste of time and how many americans are going to run out and buy one if they do not play football
Is not the point of this show to find a product most americans would use??
Boy he has done a great job on you with his pitty me routine

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:19 | sacmaster 2000

martinez ... what an ass. you are right. he's not going to make it the next round. who does he think he is ... thinking his product is perfect as is. everything can be improved

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-21 14:12 | Yeah, I agree, the sack

Yeah, I agree, the sack master guy seemed like he got really full of himself. He could have at least been diplomatic about the whole thing, even if he ultimately didn't change anything. The English dude seemed really steamed that Martinez only spent half the money "including the wardrobe."

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-04-20 18:07 | Un-brella

don't like the woman but love the product.. she's got my vote ... the sacmaster pretty much can't be improved so i dont know what he did with the 50k ...bet he gets yelled at for having no improvements on his prototype. receiver's training pole ... 50k for a prototype? he's using a pool noodle .. we'll see how he improves it but not something that is going to be make him the american inventor

email this comment