FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

American Inventor Episode 8 (May 4, 2006)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:36 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Peter's the judge for this episode's inventors. The inventors are: 1. Jodi Pliszka - Headliner. 2. Ed Hall - Word Ace. 3. Robert Amore - Tonerbelt. Pleaes feel free to join in and comment.

(existing replies)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:37 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

David Bursky (not verified) | 2006-05-09 23:51 | Did anyone tape this episode?

Does anyone have a copy of the episode?
David

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-08 22:08 | inventions that can make money

The biggest market of all the inventions is the exercise market. 5 billion spent in the US last year and 18 globally. These products help people and too. Hummmm! Mr. Jones like to make $ right!

email this comment
bygeorge1 (not verified) | 2006-05-08 00:10 | re. reality tv

I do agree that this is a TV show, the show wasn't about gender, it was about who would have the sobbiest story, the sweat band, sackmaster were all great INVENTIONS, but weren't followed by a great sob story, if you want to win on this show, have someone call you up and say there's something wrong with your life, that will get ABC thinking, then you'll have a chance to go to next level, I don't think that gender would have an impact here, the women with the restroom thing just didn't have the great item that could go up against a child saving devise, the sweat band gal , couldn't compete with enough tears to knock out the
game guy, I've never seen a tv show that had this many crying people on it, wa wa wa

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-07 22:55 | Any idea if the May 4

Any idea if the May 4 episode will be rebroadcast? Isn't this show also on a cable channel?

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-07 11:47 | The Spelling Game

I agree that it is a great idea, however, there are already tons of games out there not to mention it costs $50. I have always been an excellent speller and the one thing that really helped me was something that costs just a few dollars. It is called flash cards. Not only did it help me, but I got to spend a lot of time with my mom. Now that to me is priceless.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-07 10:11 | REALITY TELEVISION

Remember people.....reality tv is far from that....there is little reality here. If you have a great sob story...live in the inner city...and are BROKE..then you had a great chance of winning AMERICAN INVENTOR! They edited out all the good materials that really showed the invention process...making this SMART TV....to SOB TV. The people all have great products in the top 12 and my hope is that ABC will allow these people to get manufactured and not just sit on their butts doing nothing. THat would make this show be very sad. HOW COME THERE WEREN'T ANY FEMALES IN THE TOP 4. THE HEADLINER and JODI would have been the best choice to help promote the diversity the show could reach in the viewing population! I think that IT WAS DUMB NOT TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE WOMEN IN THE FINAL FOUR! THAT SHOWS YOU...the show is RUN BY MEN! and that will hurt this show in the long run!
It's great that they have two immigrants....but the show is suppossed to be AMERICAN INVENTOR not IMMIGRANT INVENTOR......!!!!! Come on ABC......WAKE UP!

email this comment
ZZZ (not verified) | 2006-05-05 14:30 | Headliner

In my opinion, the headliner is just too simple. The game is good because there is lots of areas for improvement and additions.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 23:10 | That "game" won?

I am a teacher and usually and a softie for ANYTHING that might help students (or teachers). Yet, as much as I want Ed to be able to buy his mom a beautiful, big home (I'm sure she's a great woman, if her son is any indication)--the Headliner should have won.

Neither of them are the best American "inventions" of the 21st century--but the "game" isn't that amazing from an educational perspective (and it took the kids THREE days to decide they liked it?) and the Headliner fills a real need, particularly for people who are going through so much and need every little bit of comfort and dignity that can be extended to them. She really showed that there is a large market for this item--even outside wig wearers (people with alopecia, cancer, and trichotillomania alone are nothing to sneeze at!).

Peter, if cost was your concern: 1) Educational games don't sell as well as you think, unless schools buy them en mass (Doug was right) 2) $50.00 is too high for a game like that (and I work at an affluent private school with an ample budget and parents who have money they can and do spend on their children). I assume you are going to tell Ed that he has to get the cost down to $25-$35 if it will sell and 3) $1 a Headliner... You should have sent her through to the next round and seen if she could get the price down and make the adhesive work better.

Shame...

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-07 05:55 | What; a wig insert over

What; a wig insert over something to promote education. That is why our
Schools in America are in such horrible conditions. A teacher believes
a wig insert should beat out an educational tool; I guess I am not surprised;
I hope you are not teaching my children.

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 17:59 | I guess the tears did work

I guess the tears did work for Ed Hall. No really - I am very excited for him.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 17:57 | Can't believe Head Line it

Can't believe Head Line it did not win. I thought that was a great product.

email this comment
Alexis | 2006-05-04 17:55 | Word Ace is in the final

Word Ace is in the final four.

email this comment
Alexis | 2006-05-04 17:50 | Tonerbelt is out of the

Tonerbelt is out of the final four.

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 17:43 | Head Line It

It looks like she's the biggest winner.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 17:38 | That sucks for Ed.

That sucks for Ed.

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 17:36 | Word Ace

Ouch - when the judges were talking after Ed left, it did not sound like they liked his product.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-07 05:49 | What show were you watching?

What show were you watching? Ed said this is big; Mary said it is
fantastic; Doug is the only one that said something negative (he never
liked the product) and Peter selected it for the final four; hello! the
majority loved it, and so do I. It is the only product that can sell
millions out of the gate. WordAce has my vote. The careseat needs more work.

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 17:32 | WordAce

looks like Ed's tears paid off. The kids loved it.

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 17:28 | Tonerbelt

Wow - I really respect how Bobby is approaching this whole thing.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 17:20 | tonerbelt guy is smart. why

tonerbelt guy is smart. why didn't sacmaster guy do that when he fired his first team. he could have been in the final four if he hired a second team.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 17:17 | Peter is not the best

Peter is not the best mentor. he told tonerbelt guy to stay on track. duh.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 17:16 | here comes the drama.

here comes the drama. headliner woman is about to lose her job. she's sure to win now.

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 17:11 | wow - Ed Hall really did cry

wow - Ed Hall really did cry in every round.

email this comment