FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

American Inventor Episode 9 (May 4, 2006)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:37 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

Doug is the judge for episode 9. The inventors are: 1) Sharon Clemens - Restroom Door Clip. 2) Joseph and Jennifer Safuto - Flushpure. 3) Janusz Liberkowski - Spherical Safety Seat. The Flushpure and the Spherical Safety Seat are two of my favorite inventions. It will be very interesting to see who wins. In case you don't like the results of episode 9 or you love the results, you can tell Doug Hall yourself. He'll be here on AmericanInventorSpot.com this Sunday night 9:00ET. Wow - we will know the Final Four by the time this episode ends. Gives us a week to think about it and vote next week.

(existing replies)

Postby thinkoutsidethecircle » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:37 pm

thinkoutsidethecircle
Site Admin

David (not verified) | 2006-05-09 23:52 | Did anyone tape this episode

Does anyone here have a copy of this episode?

David

email this comment
bottleslingguy | 2006-05-06 20:03 | Oh My God!

I just realized what that refreshing cool blast of air was when I flush without getting up. You know... the courtesy flush? Forget that. My wife is just going to have to suffer from now on!@!!

Please check out my invention at .

email this comment
bygeorge1 (not verified) | 2006-05-06 11:05 | toilet needs

the toilet safety seat idea, maybe it can be rigged like Andy Griffith did to the latreen toilets in the old movie, No Time For Seargents, just kidding!

email this comment
Joe (not verified) | 2006-05-05 20:31 | Pureflush team with some answers to your questions

I'd like to answer some of your blogs about Pureflush and the show. I'm in discussion with the head of these blogs to possibly be on Sunday.
Please understand that editing of American Inventor has created both drama and "illusion". Jen and I are a very upbeat couple but because this show was played for tears and conflict ABC's story editor creates what's asked of them with the footage they have.

The testing of the seat was very fair. The bathroom that was used is cleaned by a loving mother EVERY week. We've tested this many times before over weeks and months to great results but on the show we we're given a 2 day window. Pureflush does work. On the show we had to re-demonstrate that but in a short time. Sorry it couldn't be longer but that's TV. As for my rant with the designers; I believe in us inventors so much that I couldn't allow any company to infringe on other designs/patents. I made this point very clear with the designer. After approx 8 meetings they were still coming back to us with "creative" twists on our Idea that would make the product pretty but not functional. That's the short of it. The design team ended up creating a product that fit within the parameters of our Patent claims (patent has not been published yet, but soon) without loosing the funtionality. Hope this clears a little bit of the air.
Our thanks for watching. I believe in the American Inventor and shows like this are so important. Please go to www.pureflush.com for info about toilet aerosols, etc. Lots of scientific papers and such.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 12:31 | It was good that the clip

It was good that the clip lady fired her initial developer. This allowed Janu too have their full undivided attention- in which was needed to bring this seat alive in the as Doug said "impossible time limit".

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 12:24 | The Pure flush needs a

The Pure flush needs a safety so that visitors will also flush it with the lid down. To do this I suggest you replace the flush handle with an extention toward the middle of the tank. On the end of the extention will be a rachet like rod (square end) to fit in the square hole in the top of the lid while it is up. This will prevent the toilet from being flushed while up- a safety if you will.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 12:23 | Just to let the person who

Just to let the person who posted a few above mine, the toilet thing is fact. If you do a google search of toilet flush+SARS you will see for yourself. Before making comments, may I suggest you actually have the proof to back up what you're saying? I do

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 12:15 | The Anecia car seat would

The Anecia car seat would have no trouble fitting if the front passenger side had a fold up bucket seat. This could be changed after the car was bought. Since this seat will more than likely win, the compacting and other hurdles this seat will come accross will be lower- money can solve somethings besides love that is! Ha!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 10:55 | I agree, I think the tests

I agree, I think the tests were kind of set up/rigged a bit to make pureflush look better.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 10:52 | PureFlush

If PureFlush guy was so convinced that his toilet works,
why was his testing protocol so rigged? Instead, he compares
a bathroom w/out PureFlush that hasn't been cleaned in god
knows how long (at least not as thoroughly) with a bathroom
w/PureFlush that has just been cleaned 24 hours ago.

So not only the tests we saw failed to prove PureFlush works
better than normal toilet with the lead closed, they failed
to prove anything at all.

email this comment
Mark (not verified) | 2006-05-05 06:26 | Watch who you're calling an ass he's a friend of mine

As for the toilet flush spewing bacteria etc around the bathroom. It's a fact. Mythbusters tried to bash it and couldn't. Of course this product is perfect for anyone with a compromised immune system. The elderly, pregnant woman, children under 5, diabetics. Go to www.pureflush.com for actual scientific published papers on it.
Editing could make anybody look foolish out of context. You were not there so lets be civil. Joe Safuto is a great guy with a brilliant invention. It could save your "ass" one day.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 04:17 | "Professionals"

would be able to "deal" with all types of people and keep their cool despite whatever idiots they are working with.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 01:47 | Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Who sang the ending song in episode 9, Somewhere Over The
Rainbow? It was amazing. I want that song!

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-07 05:19 | song at the end of 109

are you sure that that is the title? I have that song by many artists and I did not think that's what played on the show.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-09 06:27 | Actually I just found it .

Actually I just found it . The singer was on American Idol.Her name was Kimberly Locke singing "Somwhere Over The Rainbow". Well done

email this comment
Mark (not verified) | 2006-05-05 00:09 | Pureflush toilet seat couple had a great invention and passion

I don't think the pureflush guy was wacko at all. Don't pre-judge a mans passion with what you viewed via editing, etc. The design teams seemed to think this show was about them. We don't know anything about what happened behind the scenes. All the inventors had problems with the designers. The pureflush guy probably wouldn't take their sh*t anymore. Pureflush ended up coming out fantastic. Great inventors are not easy to be around I guess.
Car Seat looks good. Hope it works for the shows sake. I think the Germ Filtering seat was the best invention of the whole competition but when you're up against a man who lost his daughter there's no vote but for the life saving car seat guy.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-05 05:15 | The toilet flush thing has

The toilet flush thing has been proven to be wrong. Flushing the toilet doesn't increase fecal bacteria in the bathroom. The judges should look into the products they vote on. And that Safuto guy was an ass.

email this comment
My Chihuahua Chico (not verified) | 2006-05-05 19:39 | Toilet

So that is why my tooth brush tastes so funny! My chihuahua eats his poop. I think he believes in recycling. It could be that his dog food smells the same before and after.he says "wow that was good the first time around ,lets have another go at it". Its not so bad , you only have to buy one bag of dog food for the life of your dog.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 21:26 | The safety egg guy hasn't

The safety egg guy hasn't really done anything. If you look at his site you see it just an idea, an idea he was trying to find investors to put capital into. A couple virtual animations doesn't make a product.

email this comment
Fiz-Lord (not verified) | 2006-05-04 20:52 | And the winner is...guy who'll never get a patent

You wanted to know how the car seat will lock into the car? How bout look at the original safety egg, same function, same sphere, more ergonomically well-built, actually patented, and a wonderful design that has been ripped off. FlushPure is ingenious too, guy was a wacko. I honestly can't believe ABC for lack of research, check out the real spherical safety device with crash tests, computer sims, infants and toddlers, etc, etc. http://www.safetyegg.com/

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 20:02 | >>The companies that were

>>The companies that were consulted by the "inventors" were less than professional and an embarrassment to themselves.

Are you guys kidding? It was the FlushPure guy that was totally insane. Nobody could keep total cool around that guy with all the s*** he was spewing.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 19:43 | my son would hate that thing

I have a concern about the stability of that seat on turns and in normal stop-n-go traffic.
I can see a lot of motion sick kids.
My son would hate that thing

email this comment
paul (not verified) | 2006-05-04 19:29 | music on episode 109

who is the female voice that is in the music at the end of the show?

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 19:13 | Shame on Them

The companies that were consulted by the "inventors" were less than professional and an embarrassment to themselves. Remind me not to go to those if I ever am in need of the service that they offer.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 19:12 | I'm a mom and looking

I'm a mom and looking forward to see the car seat produced.

email this comment
Alexis | 2006-05-04 19:11 | Janusz with his Survival

Janusz with his Survival Capsule (the baby car seat) is moving to the final four.

email this comment
Alexis | 2006-05-04 19:09 | bathroom door lock is out of the game

bathroom door lock is out of the game. i'm not surprised that its between Flush Pure and the Survival capsule

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 19:00 | Did Janusz just say that

Did Janusz just say that car manufacturers will make the room in the back larger in order to accomodate his car seat. I'm sure that will happen. I think he's gone.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 18:53 | I would buy the toilet flush

I would buy the toilet flush pure.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 18:48 | gross - i think i'm going to

gross - i think i'm going to move my toothbrushes

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 18:45 | how does the car seat lock

how does the car seat lock into the car. i didn't see anything like on the typical car seats

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 18:45 | car seat looks great

car seat looks great

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 18:44 | biggest car seat in the

biggest car seat in the world. come one come all and see the biggest car seat ever made.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 18:43 | bathroom door lock

final product is even bigger than it was before. who the hell isgoing to carry all that stuff with them going to the bathroom. no man would ever buy something like that.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 18:39 | Safuto looks like an

Safuto looks like an egomaniac

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 18:34 | Safuto sounds like an angry

Safuto sounds like an angry person - he doesn't want a prototype company to improve it.

wow - the prototype company is so unprofessional. to yell at a client even if he's a little out of hand. not cool. i think someone else is getting fired.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 18:28 | FIRED!!!! another company

FIRED!!!! another company fired by one of the finalist. i wonder what it says about the prototype companies.

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 18:27 | Restroom Door Clip

Doug gave some great advice. It can't win with just the door clip. But the restroom survival kit. what would that include.

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 18:23 | Car Seat

Car seat - everyone wants this to win because it is a product that would protect our kids. who doesn't want to protect children. but who know how he will spend the $50K and whether it will get the car seat to the place it needs to be to win.

email this comment
Gary B (not verified) | 2006-05-05 19:32 | Thats who I am for. I would

Thats who I am for. I would say 1) carseat, 2) spelling game, 3) Football thingy, 4) Bike that does not even work right. I am voting for the car seat.

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 23:13 | For the car seat to be the

For the car seat to be the overall winner. he needs
to spend at least $200,000 more and a lot of legal problems
and maybe no patent for his time and effort

email this comment
Anonymous (not verified) | 2006-05-04 18:21 | If the restroom door clip

If the restroom door clip wins, i am going kill myself. it can't win. if it does, too many people would make fun of this show.

email this comment
Aries | 2006-05-04 18:19 | safuto's magic trick was

safuto's magic trick was cool - where his head falls to his chest level.

email this comment