FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Hearing Aid Clip

Postby Supersnail » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:03 pm

Supersnail
White Belt

If you do a simple Google images search for "hearing aid" there are dozens of hearing aids almost exactly like the one he was pitching. This is not a new idea.

Google Images - Hearing Aid

Postby scrapbookdi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:31 pm

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

I was shocked that they spent $3,000 on their book, though I don't believe they showed any of it except that Peter looked at it.

Postby renebruce » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:12 pm

renebruce
White Belt

I feel bad for them, they got scammed !

Postby toyotaboy02 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:08 pm

toyotaboy02
White Belt

yea, like this:

I found it rather hard to believe that if hearing aids for kids falling off was an issue, that someone wouldn't have developed something for it.. The worst part is that marketing company led them to believe there was nothing on the market, and how in the hell did they file a patent for something that already exists?

Postby renebruce » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:06 pm

renebruce
White Belt

Wow, nice research, I'd luv to give them 10k to sue the hell out of that company !

Amazing I really hope Karma catches up with that lame Co.

Postby AmericanCynic » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:51 am

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

To be fair, the Critter Clips don't serve the same purpose. The one on the show was supposed to keep the hearing aid in while they're running around, so they always have awareness of their surroundings. The Critter Clips aren't a retention device. They're lanyards so the aids won't get lost or damaged when they do fall out, but they do nothing to keep them from falling out in the first place. It's not like kids won't notice when they lose their hearing aids. Wouldn't you notice if your hearing suddenly failed?

Not to say the clip on the show was all that original, though. The lower left corner of that Critter Clips ad already shows a behind-the-ear hearing aid. If the guy really had that much problem with his daughter losing her hearing aid, he should have gotten that style.

Postby Supersnail » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:14 pm

Supersnail
White Belt

Certainly he should have given a little more time to looking at what was already available, instead of making his family suffer by wasting 3k on non research.

Postby mojo62 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:09 am

mojo62
Black Belt

I thought we were looking for products which would be in every American household, were we not?