FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Should there be a age min?

Postby ideagirl » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:54 am

ideagirl
Green Belt

Watching these young children cry after being turned down is just not good television. It looks like each show they feature one heart broken child. I don't even remember what this last one was pitching, but I sure remember her tears. I don't even have kids, and I think this is a bad idea. What do you think- do crying kids make you enjoy the show more?

Postby Contextion » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:23 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

I dont think there should be an age minimum since there is no age requirement to get a patent but people with bad ideas shouldnt even make it to the final judges. The prescreening judges are looking for silly, crazy or cute inventors while the final judges are are looking at the inventions. If a kid has a really good idea I say its ok for them to cry because the multi million dollars of publicity they receive will help their invention but they are not even showing the inventions that need publicity. They would rather tease and make fun of people with bad ideas than help people with good ideas even though they advertised they are looking for good invention products which is why people are watching the show. Its too bad a child must be needlessly hurt to show the flaw of their deception because they have alternative motives like stealing people's ideas. If they show the good ideas then they can not keep them for their self.