FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

I just totally did it at San Jose casting call

Postby makeworldbetter » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:33 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I have Gold Pass which proven worth every penny. I got there around 6:30 and right before 7AM, few crew came out and start collect Gold Pass inventors. After waiting for a while, we were brought upstairs to a small line and started the interview process right away. I jumped over about 200 people with Gold Pass, by the time door opens, there are at least 300 people in line.

I went through the preliminary panel and they have a computer screen to displace the list who advances to 2nd stage. My name was shown on that screen after about 20minutes of waiting. then I forwarded to Green room waiting to be filmed. That's about another 30minutes of waiting. Then the sound guy installed mic on me, more waiting while they put make up on the judges. There are three judges, you need to get at least two yeses to pass. I got all three, Wooohoo! Now you see why PopSci is also interesting at this one. Before I go, they hand me the congratulation letter. Which says they will do more reviws and the result wil be out by June 31.

My invention is retro-fitting LED light bulb. I had few stuns for the judges, despite I was nervous like hell, I managed to do all my points and I think this idea practically blow everyone away.

Upon to my exit, the nice sound crew came up to me and said this invention is meant for this show Everyday Edison (Thomas Edison invented light bulb and I just re-invented it)

Postby Michelle » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:40 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Wow, we wish you a ton of luck. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. Please keep us updated.

We have our toes and fingers and legs crossed for you.

Michelle

Congratulations

Postby Mrsb » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:33 pm

Mrsb
White Belt

congratulations to you! My sister and I went to the Jan 12th casting call in Atlanta and we are hoping to hear good news from them also! (Do you remember the female judges name?)

Once again, Congratulations and how much did the gold pass cost?

Postby ideagirl » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:27 pm

ideagirl
Green Belt

Reinventing the light bulb- that is so totally perfect!!!
I will be going to Dallas and have already gotten my Gold ticket.
Sounds like it will be fun!! Did you attend any of the seminars or
talk to any of the reps?

Postby Work2XL » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:38 pm

Work2XL
Blue Belt

Congradulations MWB. I wish I got that station so I could watch you win.

Randy

Postby citizen » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:02 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

Congrats Make!!!

Good to see a fellow Think Tanker doing well.

I'm going to Boston and would appreciate any advice you could give.

Jason

Postby Average Inventor » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

makeworldbetter,

It definitely sounds like you have an excellent shot at making season 3. Good job at knocking them dead. Now for the long wait. I remember that was the hardest part from last year for me because it took much longer than they had intended to let us all know. Did you show just one idea or did you go back in the line and try for a second one? Did you catch the female judges name by chance so we can find out more about her?

Postby makeworldbetter » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:45 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

there aren't any female judge today. the one on my right is a attorney, the middle is the executive producer of the show. the one on my left is a marketing guy. Sorry everything go by so fast and they didn't tell me any name. You guys mean judges in studio, right? Not the prlimary panel, huh?

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:24 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

An LED light bulb??? Come on Make, I mean really, how many people use light bulbs???

Postby mojo62 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:48 am

mojo62
Black Belt

LED lighting is constantly being researched, developed and improved upon nowadays. There are many on the market now, but can't wait to see
how and why yours is better/different.

Good luck, hope you knock 'em down!!!!
Next