FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

San Jose: Prepared Pitch? Not me!

Postby BurbankGal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:56 am

BurbankGal
White Belt

My prototypes were my "cue cards" for my pitch: I simply described (and indicated) each wonderful quality embodied by my products.

My presentation talk (aka Pitch) basically went like this:

"Hi. My name is _______. My invention is (the) _________. I invented this product to help people who have the problem of ____________."

I then did my best Vanna White in describing how my invention would solve the problem, while indicating each part of my product that had a specific application in solving that problem.

(After two of my presentations, a Panel member commented that they really liked my presentation.)
8)

Postby Average Inventor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:09 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

BurbankGal,

How many of your 3 ideas that you pitched got accepted and were taped in front of the judges? If one was not accepted did they tell you reasons why?

Postby BurbankGal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:38 am

BurbankGal
White Belt

1) How many of your 3 ideas that you pitched got accepted and were taped in front of the judges?

None.

2.) If one was not accepted did they tell you reasons why?

Nope. Edisons is not doing any explanation of rejections: they have a "general list" of why items may have not been selected. (The list of reasons is on the Edisons website.)

I spoke with one of the crew who had been on a Judging Panel previously. I told him that one of the Panel for one of my inventions had stated, "My wife would definitely use that!". The crew person told me that one of the reasons something might not be accepted for the show is that even tho a similar product may not be on the market, someone still may have a patent for it.

Postby Average Inventor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

BurbankGal,

I'm sorry to hear that none of your ideas were a good fit for the show. It great that you took the time to share your complete experience. It will be of great benefit to those of us who plan on going to casting calls in upcoming cities. Thanks!

Postby BurbankGal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:17 pm

BurbankGal
White Belt

Average Inventor wrote:BurbankGal,

I'm sorry to hear that none of your ideas were a good fit for the show. It great that you took the time to share your complete experience. It will be of great benefit to those of us who plan on going to casting calls in upcoming cities. Thanks!

Hi, Average Inventor.
Thanks for the "thanks". :wink:
Yah, the Inventor Spot website is a GREAT resource! This is the place to share & encourage. :D

Postby citizen » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:10 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

Thanks for the insight. Keep at it...heck, be persistant and visit another casting call!

Jason