FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

San Jose: "Gold Pass" = "Golden Ticket"

Postby BurbankGal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:00 am

BurbankGal
White Belt

At 7:15 a.m., the convention center "regular" check-in line had HUNDREDS of people.

With my Gold Pass, I got into the Gold Pass check-in line, that had maybe ten people ahead of me. I stood in line for perhaps 15 minutes.

After checking-in -- which constituted my handing one of the Check-In Crew my previously filled-in paper work -- I was taken to a waiting area outside the Juding Panel rooms. One of the Edisons crew gave me a run down of what to expect when I went before the panel. When I said, "Okay, I got it" I was told to go in.

To which I responded, "!!!...???... NOW???"

I still had my jacket on, all my "stuff" was in it's duffle bag, boxes, etc. I expected to be ushered into a waiting room, where I might be given a longer explanation of what to expect, watch a video, WAIT, etc.

Approximate total time of waiting in lines, checking in, getting to Panel room: less than 30 minutes.

Your Gold Pass can be used 2x.

WITHOUT GOLD PASS:
I had a 3rd product to present. I waited 'til the Regular Check-In line had only maybe 30 people in it. I waited in that line for approx. 20 minutes. At that point, I thought, "Okay, this isn't so bad without a Gold Pass." I did not know, however, that after checking in, the "regular" line people were taken to a room to wait for their "group" to be called. I waited for over THREE HOURS to be seen for my 3rd presentation!

The room you wait in is a ballroom, where the speakers do their talks. I took a nap on the floor, then had a lie-down across some chairs.
:?

Postby citizen » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:05 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Postby BurbankGal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:32 pm

BurbankGal
White Belt

citizen wrote:Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Yer certainly welcome! :D

Postby Ben Tex » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:02 am

Ben Tex
White Belt

Excuse me, but what is Gold Pass?

Postby Average Inventor » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:55 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Ben Tex wrote:Excuse me, but what is Gold Pass?

Ben,

It's a head of the line pass you can use for the everyday edisons casting calls. You can obtain one by signing up for edision nation gold. Found here:

https://www.edisonnation.com/members