FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

San Jose: Cardoard prototype.

Postby BurbankGal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:58 am

BurbankGal
White Belt

I was stressing all over like you would not believe, over making an "understandable" prototype for one of my inventions: it is heavy on the electronics.

So what did I end up with? Something that I cannibalized a couple of pcs for? Chopped up a couple of microwave ovens & tvs?

No: I had a cardboard box, with key electric components drawn on with marker.

With my Electronic Cardboard Prototype, I drew on a keypad, on/off switch, LED display, other significant buttons.

And THIS was the item that one of the Panel said his wife would definitely use!

So, have no fear of the Panel not "getting it" cuz your product isn't made of "real life" materials.

Postby Average Inventor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:09 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

BurbankGal and others,

FYI they will not do any complex electronics inventions. It's beyond the scope of the show and I would bet they don't have an electrical engineer on staff so I would concentrate on products that don't need custom electronics to be created. My girlfriend last year pitched an idea for the restaurant paging system and they loved it but they said it's too involved for the show and wouldn't be a good fit for their product development team.

Postby BurbankGal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:21 pm

BurbankGal
White Belt

Average Inventor wrote:BurbankGal and others,

FYI they will not do any complex electronics inventions. It's beyond the scope of the show and I would bet they don't have an electrical engineer on staff so I would concentrate on products that don't need custom electronics to be created. My girlfriend last year pitched an idea for the restaurant paging system and they loved it but they said it's too involved for the show and wouldn't be a good fit for their product development team.

Ain't that a bugger?!?

Hmmmm... I'm going to look at the Edisons site again & really scrutinize the items that have been accepted.

The invention I referenced above is not "complex", but it does have electric bits, like an On/Off switch, built-in Timer... It's probably as complicated as an electronic alarm clock.

Thanks for the info, Average Inventor! :idea:

Postby citizen » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:14 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

It seems in the first season they looked for inventions of various degrees of simplicity. Sometimes simple is better.

Keep inventing!

Jason