FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

casting call attendence

Postby Mrsb » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:41 pm

Mrsb
White Belt

At the Atlanta c.c. on January 12, it appeared to be thousands! There was a line through the building and spilled outside and this wasn't a single-file line either. It appeared to be in the thousands but I do not know exactly. Oh well, my sister and I will continue to pray that we get picked!

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:51 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

ideagirl wrote:Louis Foreman was talking about it and said there were 3000 people
at the last casting call. I thought that seemed a little high for a 1 day thing.

That's just mathmatically impossible. Say 3000 people equal to at least 2000 inventions. Each invention gets 2 minute presentation time, plus walk in, prepare(setup), walk out, voting.. one invention will take 5 minutes time out of a judging panel. 2000 inventions need 10,000 minutes (or 166hrs) And there are only 4 panel at San Jose. So each panel will spend 44 hrs...??!!

I roughly counted how many inventors were in line per several sidewalk blocks and calculated by length of the line.
Previous