FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

how did we do?

Postby Mrsb » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:32 pm

Mrsb
White Belt

Hi there, I was reading the annuity and if you have a patent the typical royalty is 10%, if it is an idea/concept and they (E.E.) goes on to patent and commercialize it, I think it is 5% but go to the everyday edisons site to check it out for sure.

Now, how do I think my sister and I did? Fine I think. Also, our product new to the market and I believe that it fits all three of the Everyday Edisons criteria but we have not heard from them yet and we are hoping that we will soon. As you know though, these are the weeks that products are being chosen based on about 500,000.00 to promote/commercialize, etc.
I do know that I would have liked to not have been as nervous as I was and would have loved a more polished presentation but our product is so simple that anyone who is familiar with vertically drawn window treatments will know what we have done.

Postby Average Inventor » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:21 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Mrsb,

I know your excited but if it's anything like last year, you will be waiting more then 6 months before you find out if you make the show so set your expectations towards that. Last year it took more than 8 months to find out from the first city that was cast so you have a long wait so try and pace yourself.

Postby chic1 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:03 am

chic1
Green Belt

I remember going to the AI show, I was inline at about 6am out side at the time maybe about 2 hundred people ahead of me. 9 am the doors open about 2 thousand people inline.

go to the holding area and got my chance at about 11am made it to the second round had a good invention but not a sad story or couldn't produce tears on demand so I got the axe instead.

So is this the same story with EE? Or are they looking for something that can be marketed and money can be made?

Postby Average Inventor » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:48 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

EE is totally different than American Inventor. EE is looking for inventors with good ideas that can sell in the market. American Inventor is looking mostly to find the weirdest and saddest inventors to use them and humiliate them. EE is trying to help the inventor community and dosen't have any judge footage there is no contest and the products actually get made and marketed. In EE they show the whole process from taking the original idea to redesigning it so it also has form instead of just function, they brand the product, they package it and manufacture it, then they find a licensee or bring it to market themselves.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:49 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

EE isn’t after any story, in fact they didn’t even ask any personal question; even as such as “how did you come out that idea?â€

Postby chic1 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:56 am

chic1
Green Belt

Atlanta? I haven't attended EE yet I'm still weighing in on going. I haven't read anything negative yet So there's a good chance I'll attend Dallas casting call.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:02 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

chic1 wrote:Atlanta? I haven't attended EE yet I'm still weighing in on going. I haven't read anything negative yet So there's a good chance I'll attend Dallas casting call.

I was addressing to Mrsb, they were selected to be considered at Alanta

Postby chic1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 pm

chic1
Green Belt

I just finished filling out my application's for the casting call for Dallas or Chicago.

I beginning to think I have a couple things that's marketable but so do we all. I'm willing to take a chance who knows what will happen in the end.

Postby chic1 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:27 pm

chic1
Green Belt

Mrsb are you still trying to market your product and get it on store shelves while waiting for the results from EE?

Product goals

Postby Mrsb » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Mrsb
White Belt

According to the participant agreement, we are not allowed to be agressively pursuing any avenues that would negate our opportunity with "EE" and we are still waiting and hopeful that we will be chosen for the season 3. To answer in a short way though, no, we are not pursuing any avenues other than Everyday Edisons and will not be able to until we hear yes or no from Everyday Edisons.
Should you go to a casting call, please read your participant agreement and you will see that you are agreeing to waiting for them to decide. Don't sign it if you will be agressively marketing on your own. And now, next week there will be one more casting call, thousands more inventions and my sister and I are praying we are still "IN".
PreviousNext