FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderator: citizen

An Idea so simple, yet complex! Need your help

Postby Novice_Inventor » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:55 am

Novice_Inventor
White Belt

Hi Tony, First I want to thank you providing great information on this forum.

Tony, I've got this idea and it is about enhancing the Electrical Power Surge strips. I have no schematic drawings because of its complexity, only the idea of how it works and how it will play a big role in todays community. I am not electrical savy. I want to get this idea out to companies to manufacture this product. I've looked at several companies and have a NDA on hand. How can persuade and/or present my idea to the companies to reach an agreement?

There are many patents for the Power Surge Strip, how are so many companies able to produce such similar technologies/power strips when there are patents put in place? Internally, they all provide spike and surge protection. What do you think makes them different from one another besides the exterior design?

Thank you and god bless!

Re: An Idea so simple, yet complex! Need your help

Postby tony.fulford » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:13 pm

tony.fulford
Green Belt

Novice_Inventor wrote:I have no schematic drawings because of its complexity, only the idea of how it works and how it will play a big role in todays community. I am not electrical savy. I want to get this idea out to companies to manufacture this product.
I've looked at several companies and have a NDA on hand. How can persuade and/or present my idea to the companies to reach an agreement?
!

If you have no drawings you are going to have to contact them by telephone and find out what they need to move forward, if they are interested.
There are many patents for the Power Surge Strip, how are so many companies able to produce such similar technologies/power strips when there are patents put in place? Internally, they all provide spike and surge protection. What do you think makes them different from one another besides the exterior design?

I don't know what makes them different, but if they have patents the USPTO found they were different.