FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Re: Product goals

Postby chic1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:02 pm

chic1
Green Belt

I read and under stand that but I'm a little confused. I know of some people made it threw to the green room and filmed then put on hold until after the selection process. But I know a lot of people never made it to the green room are you saying that everyone judged whether they made it to filming or not have to put there self on hold until they get a letter or something telling them they haven't been selected? They don't tell you on site if your not selected?

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:25 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

If one is not selected, then no need to wait, just go try other places.

Oops, no, if not chosen to move on the participant agreement

Postby Mrsb » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:47 pm

Mrsb
White Belt

Ooops, my mistake. If you are not chosen to go on or go to the green room, according to the participant agreement, there are no more holds on your invention.
The reason my sister and I are not pursuing other avenues is that we did recieve that wonderful "congratulations" letter and we are hoping that we will be picked up by Everyday Edisons and season 3. Now we are under agreement to wait before trying to promote our product.
The participant agreement states that if not chosen to move on, you are free to pursue other avenues and move on your product.

Postby chic1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:59 pm

chic1
Green Belt

OK so everyone who received a congratulation letter goes to the green room for filming or is sorta put on standby for future filming?

Green room vs 1st judging

Postby Mrsb » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:29 pm

Mrsb
White Belt

Here is how the Atlanta Audition went. We signed in and handed over our papers, then since we had a product and patent we were instructed to get into the "edisons" line. We did. We went in and gave our 2 minute and only 2 minute presentation. We were then told to go to the next room to see if we have moved on to the filming for possible consideration for the show. We saw our name on the "go through" list and then we went to the green room for filming where we then had 3 more judges look at our product and there was filming going on. Then we got 3 yes's from the second set of "judges" (I am assuming that the first group of people we showed our product too were preliminary judges) So, yes, we got our congratulations letter stating that we would be contacted by June to see if we will move on to be on the show. We were hoping we would hear good news before then but the E.E. team is still holding casting calls and we hope we will be chosen still. Still waiting, hoping and praying we get chosen. But had we not received that letter, we were under no further obligation. Had we not made it through the first judging panel, I don't believe there is any further obligation there either.
So, only if after filming and getting the congratulations letter are you bound by the participant agreement that we signed. Does this help?

Postby chic1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:05 pm

chic1
Green Belt

Yes thank you

Postby chic1 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:02 am

chic1
Green Belt

Anyone waiting for your results have you made a plan B and C if things don't workout this time with EE just in case?

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:38 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Everyday Edison is my plan B; Plan A had already failed due to sever competition, by a small margin as I was told.
Yet I have plan C awaiting for me. Time is on my side, I wish I had start the patent process earlier so my idea would worth more in confidence.
Previous