FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Reject feedback

Postby Ben Tex » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:29 am

Ben Tex
White Belt

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I would really like to know why specifically my idea was rejected (Dallas). It could have a great bearing on how/if I proceed from here. Any idea how I might find out?

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:40 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

You need to tell us about it before we can put any comment.

Postby Ben Tex » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:44 am

Ben Tex
White Belt

What info do you need? I'm reluctant to say too much on this forum. what I'm wondering is, is there someone I can call or email to find out what the judges I presnted to thought and , specifically, why they rejected it. If you can point me in that direction I'm happy to give you whatever info you need.

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:51 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I think it’s hard to ask EE judges now, if you haven’t done it when you had the chance face to face with them. However, that doesn’t matter much now, if your invention is good, you still have chance somewhere else. On this site, there are few veteran inventors who are willing to review others inventions and give opinions. I am one of them. I will sign NDA. But I also have few pending inventions myself, so you have to tell me few things about your invention first, if it’s clear with my current inventions, then I will sign and then review your invention.

You can gather free opinions; if that’s not enough, you can spend 75 on Edison Nation and get your prototype reviewed. I believe you will get a writing in response and that should contain more reasons.

about rejection

Postby Mrsb » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Mrsb
White Belt

It states in the participant agreement that no explanation has to be given, just the final answer counts so unless someone talked to you while you were there, there may not be any answer for you. Have you done any "focus groups" or gone to any inventor meetings in your state for feedback? I know that these really helped me gain insight and had been told our idea was worth pursuing. Sometimes an inventor needs insight from another. Sometimes an inventor needs insight to not throw more money at it. (I know of one inventor who was in over 400,000.00 and it hadn't been picked up for any license agreement but he wanted to keep going on and I believe that his product is now obsolete so be careful and choose wisely)

Postby chic1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:03 pm

chic1
Green Belt

My presentation sucked that was my fault. Sometimes your product can be good but with a bad presentation it could reflect on the product.

And that could go the other way too, The product could suck but the presentation could make it shine.