FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

How about some positive feedback!

Postby The Next AI » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:04 am

The Next AI
White Belt

I plan on attending the Houston audition and have been very curious to read responses from the auditions taking place already. Unfortunatly, all I am seeing is disgruntled, upset remarks from people that obviously did not make it past the first round and are upset by that fact. I have been taking notes on advice given from people on this sight and continue to look for more, so this is a call out for positivity! Let's hear some more positive remarks from audition experiences and some more advice on how to be prepared please!

Postby Michelle » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:19 am

Michelle
Black Belt

I think part of the reason for that is that the ones who made it to the next round are concerned about not violating any restrictions on their discussing their progress....so most aren't talking. :)

Postby scrapbookdi » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:55 am

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

I hope to be in that situation after the Chicago audition on the 31st!

If not I will tell my story and try to be as positive as possible. Can't be any worse than showing up in December because I didn't notice the date was 2005 :oops: Even then I was happy to spend the weekend in Chicago.

Re: How about some positive feedback!

Postby DaddyMathis » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:15 pm

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

[quote="The Next AI"] Unfortunatly, all I am seeing is disgruntled, upset remarks from people that obviously did not make it past the first round and are upset by that fact. quote]

It makes me a little sceptical too. But I think you hit the nail on the head. If you've ever seen American Idol (and who hasn't?) then you've seen several tone deaf wannabe pop stars who leave the auditions cursing the judges and the show. That's what it sounds like to me. I'm looking for the shortcut easy way out, so I'm willing to accept the fact that the contest is about more than just my invention. I'll risk being told that I'm not right for T.V. for the chance at bypassing the years of hard work and personal investment.

I know that's not a very popular way to be around here, but that's what sets us apart from most people...we're dreamers.

"Some men see things as they are and say why? I dream of things that never were and say why not?" I can't remember who said that, but I like it.

Postby Road Show » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:54 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

"Some men see things as they are and ask, 'why?' I dream things that never were and ask, 'why not?'"

This quote is a paraphrase from a similar quote by G. B. Shaw.

-Robert Francis Kennedy

Postby coolmax » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:44 pm

coolmax
Yellow Belt

I dream of things & say that's a good Idea - Do It :D

Just one problem - MONEY !

MONEY buys you TIME to do the things one wants to do :D

If one has the MONEY one will make the TIME.

Have FUN taking the TIME to make MONEY :D

Positive feedback

Postby faxman » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:00 pm

faxman
White Belt

Please understand that I am not venting, I wish to give information to help you pass.

The screener's give you 2 minuets, have an upbeat presentation if your product deems so. If you created a product due to the fact of someone being hurt or loss of life, have an emotional story to go with it, either way have emotion behind your ideal.

The screeners are not people who are trained in product development, marketing or inovation. They pass people with personalities and a story, so be prepared. It's a television show, so they are looking for a good story.

Postby 5rocks » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:32 pm

5rocks
Green Belt

faxman,

You are correct to a point. There are some of us that were the exception.
We made it to the top 24 last year and gave them absolutely no drama, stories, song and dance, etc..... We simply came with a kicka$$ product that is fun. It hurt us in the end because we did not get the camera time we wanted for our invention. We were not even shown getting voted off on the final cut which was pretty disturbing. We are proof that some made it almost as far as you can go on just the product. Don't get me wrong, I was very passionate about our "Take-A-Seat", but I did not lie or make up a story. Many of the top finalists did, but that was their perogative. I don't work like that.

Go for it

Postby creativeannette » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:29 pm

creativeannette
White Belt

Although a little sad that we didnt make it, it was very much worth coming and being involved in the selection process. It was a good experience overall and we are glad we came.

Re: How about some positive feedback!

Postby Burgie » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:42 pm

Burgie
White Belt

The Next AI wrote:so this is a call out for positivity! Let's hear some more positive remarks from audition experiences and some more advice on how to be prepared please!

Come talk to us AFTER you audition, if you advance and then get snubbed, you will change your tune too. Myself and my family are the most positive thinking people you will ever meet, but a duck is a duck no matter how it quacks.

Sure some comments are tainted with self pity http://www.geocities.com/american_inventor/ , but for the most part they are facts. P.S. - I can't believe this guys web site is still around. HA! what a waste of bandwidth.