FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Big idea

Postby Roger Brown » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:06 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Hi Ideagirl,

Yes, I have a couple of items with them now. I am also in the 3 hunts they have going at this time. I have been very fortunate to get a number of items held right now with various companies. I have a licensing contract with two companies, but don't want to count them until I see them in stores. Things can change as you move forward.
As you stated I would suggest working on invention #3. Always keep moving forward.
:D
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby samsonstranger1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:38 pm

samsonstranger1
White Belt

Is Davison a good idea company to go with. Im new to all this. I only contacted to places. I seen inventhelp" on tv. Davison invention is the other and they talk a good game , but i dont wanna be wined and dined into a bad decision.

Davison

Postby Roger Brown » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Run!!! Do not walk, get as far away from them as you can. Read this post to get a better idea why you should not get involved with them.

viewtopic.php?t=694

Below is a posting from an invention submission company’s website that was fined 26 million dollars for how they mishandled Inventors. You can see this same statement at the Davison 54 website at the following link.

http://www.davison54.com/disclosure.php

In 1997, the Federal Trade Commission filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, captioned F.T.C. v. Davison, 97-1278. As a result of the judge's decision in the case, the judge has ordered us to make the following disclosures to you regarding our track record over the last five years in successfully marketing our clients' products. You should read all of this information carefully before proceeding.
The total number of consumers who submitted new product ideas to Davison during the past five years is two hundred twenty nine thousand seven hundred thirty eight (229,738). Davison does not provide evaluation of commercial potential; thus, it has provided no positive or negative evaluation of this or any other product idea in the last five years. The total number of consumers who were offered a Pre-Inventegration? agreement (or similar contract for research services) is one hundred fifty seven thousand one hundred twenty two (157,122). The total number of consumers who were offered a Contingency Agreement (or other contract for licensing representation) is one hundred fifty seven thousand one hundred twenty two (157,122). The total number of consumers who purchased a Pre-Inventegration? Agreement or similar contract for research services is thirty five thousand one hundred forty three (35,143). The total number of consumers who signed a Contingency Agreement or other licensing representation agreement is thirty five thousand one hundred forty three (35,143). The total number of consumers who were offered a Product Sample Presentation Agreement (or any other contract for design services for a virtual or a product sample) is twenty five thousand one hundred thirty five (25,135). The number of consumers who signed a Product Sample Presentation Agreement or similar agreement is nine thousand eight hundred ninety five (9,895). The number of consumers who obtained a written license with a company that is not affiliated with Davison is one hundred ninety eight (198). The total number of consumers in the last five years who made more money in royalties than they paid, in total, under any and all agreements with Davison, is seven (7). The percentage of Davison's income that came from royalties paid on licenses of consumers' products is .001%.

Thanks to Roger Brown for this find.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby lcw_trey » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:11 pm

lcw_trey
Yellow Belt

ideagirl and roger,

just wondering how your ideas are coming along with Big. you had said that you would find out more info in march so i was just wondering what has happened.

Postby ideagirl » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:27 pm

ideagirl
Green Belt

I did "win" (top 30) for the kitchen hunt. They chose not to pursue
a license for that invention though. I haven't done anything with it yet, still
trying to decide what to do. I have submitted 1 idea for a hunt that
ended in Jan, and one that ends Friday. I had signed representation
with BIG for an invention in Sept 07, and they were unable to sell that
idea, but did release me from that contract early by my request.
That is actually the invention that I took to Everyday Edison- and
am a finalist with!! I am very happy with the dealings with BIG. They
are very professional, and I would recommend them without a problem.
Previous