FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby ideastogrow » Thu May 10, 2007 10:00 am

ideastogrow
White Belt

Super Exciting News, SparkBugg!
Congratulations! I enjoyed reading the story of how you were notified. Be sure to keep us updated on your progess. We are thrilled for you.

Postby Scrupulous » Fri May 11, 2007 12:22 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Hey congratulations SparkBugg. I'll be looking forward to that show.

And nice work on your website.

Speaking of websites, InventorSpot is looking better also.

Thanks!

Postby SparkBugg » Tue May 15, 2007 7:35 am

SparkBugg
Yellow Belt

To all (esp. Butch, Ideastogrow, and Scrupulous);

Thanks for the support and well wishes. Keep on.

SparkBugg
Check out my blog of Ideas at www.sparkbugg.com!

Postby Scrupulous » Wed May 16, 2007 10:13 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Hey SparkBugg,

If you get a chance, check out the Think Tank for Inventors thread. It's just starting off. Maybe you could check back to it sometime if you're too busy with the show. :wink:

Scrupe

Postby Michelle » Thu May 17, 2007 10:24 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Scrupulous wrote:
Speaking of websites, InventorSpot is looking better also.

Well, since we are mid-transition, I hope you think so when we are done.

Thanks for the feedback all. We should be done with most of the changes in about a month.

:)

Postby pktwatch » Thu May 17, 2007 8:18 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Does anyone know if Everyday Edisons have visited Indianapolis yet to announce the winners? I got my letter and know I will not be on the show but there is a local news lady that I am wondering about.........When I interviewed for the show in Indianapolis Martha Weaver was in the group of 5 with me that went to show their invention before the first panel of judges. Her & I both went before the filming at the same time and later she did a story on TV6 about making it to final consideration. So good luck Martha, hope you make it!

Butch

question about E Nation?

Postby cejela » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:22 am

cejela
Yellow Belt

Hi I read this on the EN site and the payout seems different than the ones they offer for being on the show if they commercialize a product for you. It seems a lot different...it this true and why is it seem so much more than the show's deal?

It reads: [b]Each new product submission received by Edison Nation is evaluated for viability and commercial success using stringent criteria. For those new product submissions having strong indications of being the next “homerunâ€

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:21 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I read (roughly) this thread and start to think this is scary. The wait is hard and only Sparkbugg got selected for season 2 . He got the final decision at May 6th last year.
I search his posts and found he was obviously busy as his last post was Feb this year, and there was a big gap from last year May to Feb of this year too.

Well, now we are doing the wait for season 3 and there are only 40 days to May 6th this year.
I got an email from Everyday Edison asking for information of my patent application. I thought they would do patent search on every selected entries, but it looks like they will only do that on 1/3 of selected. so that means something, of course not much.
There were over 500 inventions presented at the casting call and you were one of 60 to get into the studio. Slightly more than 20 were passed on to the next round where we start to do extensive research on the patents, market size and commercial opportunity.

I don't know did Edison Nation offer "Commercialize your product" service back then. Yet it certainly look like a backup plan to us this year.
Last edited by makeworldbetter on Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby citizen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:50 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

I can't imagine that they will give anyone final notice until at least after the last audition which is in Providence Rhode Island on May 17th. Ok, I could see them finding that one stand out invention they want, but not letting everyone know without seeing all the inventions first.

Jason

E Nation

Postby cejela » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 pm

cejela
Yellow Belt

No they did not offer anything. I just was on their site and saw that they will review products and if they like them they will comercialize them for you with the offer I copied on the other posting. At first glance it seems a lot higher... but it may just read differently. The second one will be typed below the Ed Nation

[b]In exchange, the submitter receives payments based on successful commercialization, including 10% of net revenues, 50% percent of licensing revenues, and 4% of brand revenues. Furthermore, you should expect to receive at least $100,000 in payments over the first three years. If you don’t then you will be entitled to have the intellectual property assigned back to you!

EE states this but more thouougly on thier aggreement paper work you can open off their site. Look on pg 14 to read it all. I could not paste it here.

5% of net receipts for products
5% of any products covered under patent claims
50% of royalties.

So I see one says royalites, and the other licensing...is that the same?
EN adds money on brand rev
And the 5 5 split instead of the 10% is that different?

I need help .....I am a blond you know :roll:
PreviousNext