FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch--Million Dollar Question....

Postby parentpardners » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:29 pm

parentpardners
White Belt

I recently submitted my invention information to The Bid Idea show and I will be appearing on the show March 31st during the Million Dollar Questions segment. I am hoping to use this spot as a way to get on for the One Minute to Millions spot. Please ewish me luck! Has anyone else been on this segment and did you generate much business from this?

BTW--I have the Take-Along Tether, www.TakeAlongTether.com, in case you watch the show and wonder which one is me!

Postby Average Inventor » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

parentpardners,

Cool product! Good luck on the DD show and report back as to how your sales fare after the airing of your product.

Postby citizen » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:55 am

citizen
Brown Belt

Check out the thread "Does anybody watch the Big Idea" Leslie of Grill Charms has posted there and started out as one of those videos at the end of the show saying she wanted to join the Dream Team and then was escalated to One Minute To Millions.

Out of curiosity, what is your question and what advice can you give us to get to where you got?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jason

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:30 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

citizen wrote:Out of curiosity, what is your question...?Jason

It's the thing with the question mark at the end. :lol:

Postby parentpardners » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:46 pm

parentpardners
White Belt

Thanks for all the support! My question was about my packaging. They really want you to ask about packaging, logo, name, or tagline. Outside of that, they only do special segments, but those are the 4 areas they typically focus on during the Million Dollar Question segment. I will do my best to try and turn my small spot into the One Minute to Millions segment. That would be huge!

To get on, basically I just submitted my information. Within 1 week they contacted me and within 2 weeks we had set a date and taped the segment. It happened VERY fast. Now, let's hope he likes it! When you tape, you do not get to hear his response until it airs. I will let everyone know how much business it generates for me. I woul dlove to hear anyone else's story as well! Please feel free to share!

Postby citizen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:03 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

Were you on the show?

I didn't see the tether on there.

Jason

Postby parentpardners » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:57 pm

parentpardners
White Belt

I saw myself on the preview for the Million Dollar Question segment and then they didn't show my spot! They did tell me that if interviews ran over then they would cut from our segment. Looks like I got cut for today! Hopefully, it will run on another night. I guess I will look for it later in the week or on the website. If I see it, I will forward it to you! :) If you watched it, thanks anyway! Hope you caught my quick preview and flashy smile:)...j/k.

Invention Submission to big idea

Postby marniep » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:21 pm

marniep
White Belt

Hi,
When you say invention submission...Did you submit it by mail or email? Did the information include a video?