FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH AGENCIES

Postby allag » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:43 pm

allag
White Belt

I CONTACT AN AGENCY THINKING THAT THEY MAY HELP ME TO LUNCH MY PRODUCT. AFTER A FEW EMAILS AND A LOT OF PRESSURE FROM THEM TO TELL THEM ABOUT MY IDEA IN A STUPID FORM THAT WONT PROTECT ME AT ALL THEY CALL ME SAYING THAT THEY WERE IN A MEETING AND THAT THEY WERE VERY INTERESTED IN MY IDEA...WOW I HIT THE LOTTERY JAJJAJAJ NOT AT ALL...THEN THEY CALL ME ASKING ME FOR 850 DOLLARS TO BEING THE PAPER WORK AND RESEARCH, I TOLD THEM THAT HOW COME KNOWING THEY WILL MAKE MONEY WITH MY IDEA I HAVE TO PAY THEM? AFTER THAT THEY NEVER CALL BACK...NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE THEM MONEY, IF SOME ONE IS INTERESTED WHY WE HAVE TO PAY? WE WILL MAKE THEM RICH

Postby minnesotainventor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:54 am

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

Why pay...it will make them rich?

I am not sure anyone should ever use an agency...I lost about 55 million using one.

However, the thought about having an idea and that is all you bring to the table is a hard sell. It is like hitting the lottery if you can come up with an idea and that is all you do...and somehow it makes you money for coming up with it. How many times have you heard someone say...hey, I thought of that. The one who pursues their dream, concept, insight with vigor and passion, determination with doing the right steps, gaining insight and sometimes taking risks can achieve success, sometimes. There is a lot of work to bring something from concept to the market, the more you can do yourself to bring it from the start to the finish the greater your reward in the end. This can be a life changing event during the whole process, usually for the better even if you fail. The knowledge you gain from each step can help you help others get farther or take your next idea across the finish line!

Good luck, just don't give up!

Sincerely,
Steve Stark