FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen


Dual screen laptop

Postby SilverNitrate » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:18 pm

User avatar
SilverNitrate
White Belt
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:52 pm
First off my main area is in the electro-chemical indstury i.e. batteries.


My I idea is for a ultra-portable fully functioning computer with 2g ram and 64gig hard drive, that utilizes a 6" color touch lcd as its main screen and an organically lighted multi-touch lcd screen. the lower screen acts much in the way as the iPod-touch, which will function as your key-board, scroll. It will have integrated cam, phone, mic, digital TV FM/AM, mp3 player, WiFi, 2 USBs, HDMI AV in/out, all wireless. you know...all the bells and whistles. ...and not to forget a battery life of 5+ hrs of constant use.

Think of this as the Apple iPhone-Sony VGNUX180p-Nintendo DS all in one!

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:03 am

User avatar
makeworldbetter
Black Belt
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:15 am
Location: Silicon Valley
You should apply a job at Dell or Apple

Re: Dual screen laptop

Postby Scrupulous » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:23 pm

User avatar
Scrupulous
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2387
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: United States
SilverNitrate wrote:First off my main area is in the electro-chemical indstury i.e. batteries.


My I idea is for a ultra-portable fully functioning computer with 2g ram and 64gig hard drive, that utilizes a 6" color touch lcd as its main screen and an organically lighted multi-touch lcd screen. the lower screen acts much in the way as the iPod-touch, which will function as your key-board, scroll. It will have integrated cam, phone, mic, digital TV FM/AM, mp3 player, WiFi, 2 USBs, HDMI AV in/out, all wireless. you know...all the bells and whistles. ...and not to forget a battery life of 5+ hrs of constant use.

Think of this as the Apple iPhone-Sony VGNUX180p-Nintendo DS all in one!


Pretty cool concept.

How about a separate small screen for each "button" where the keyboard layout changes right before your very eyes, according to the application being run. Maybe put a little give in the key-screens, so they feel almost like real keys...

nice idea!

Postby SilverNitrate » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:18 pm

User avatar
SilverNitrate
White Belt
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:52 pm
makeworldbetter wrote:You should apply a job at Dell or Apple

Then there are lots of Chinese manufacturers who'll be interested... look at how many iPhone knock offs there are.

Pretty cool concept.

How about a separate small screen for each "button" where the keyboard layout changes right before your very eyes, according to the application being run. Maybe put a little give in the key-screens, so they feel almost like real keys...

nice idea!


Well that may add to the over all thickness. I imagine this to be about the size of a CD jewel case and not more than the thickness of them two. The keyboard will pop-up upon the application, then turn to a number pad, a calculator, sodoku puzzle etc. additional software can be loaded via wifi or usb from disc burner or flash card. And yes have it work with touch and a stylus.

This will definately be the only machine a person could ever want and need because it replaces the cell phone, home phone via ip, camera, camcorder, home PC or laptop, game console, digital TV, GPS, and even have a built in scanner for ID purpose. software can be Windows or whatever as well apps that can make the calculator a graphing calculator, the GPS a turn by turn, can be interfaced with game systems like the Wii or PS3 wirelessly for remote gaming, and wirelessly watch movies from your blu-ray or cable on its screen on the fly.

Keep it well under a thousand bux, as so any one can afford it, rich or poor, or students. Anyone who has worked on a Sony VGN UX knows how cumbersome that keyboard is (works well for those with finger nails), and the iPhone is too small for intense enough web browsing( and it don't work with fingernails). Oh yes, it will have only one button... on/off!

Postby bottleslingguy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:24 pm

User avatar
bottleslingguy
Black Belt
 
Posts: 1753
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:41 am
Don't takes this the wrong way but you should include some sort of shielding to protect our groins from the electromagnetic radiation emanating there.

Postby DSlackman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:18 pm

User avatar
DSlackman
Green Belt
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:06 pm
BSG

Didn't Kevin Costner have a movie about that subject?
I think it was called Lead Cup.

D
Inventor Create the Future
http://www.tenbytech.com[/url]

Postby SilverNitrate » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:32 pm

User avatar
SilverNitrate
White Belt
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:52 pm
bottleslingguy wrote:Don't takes this the wrong way but you should include some sort of shielding to protect our groins from the electromagnetic radiation emanating there.

Well there is the off button, otherwise it'll glow like a new light source!

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:16 am

User avatar
makeworldbetter
Black Belt
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:15 am
Location: Silicon Valley
SilverNitrate wrote:
makeworldbetter wrote:You should apply a job at Dell or Apple

Then there are lots of Chinese manufacturers who'll be interested... look at how many iPhone knock offs there are.


No? Maybe you can apply a job at Nintendo. some tweak on the s/w these machines can become very useful.



Image

Postby dragon smile » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:48 pm

User avatar
dragon smile
White Belt
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:48 am
Even you can find a Manufacture who is willing to build such a fancy laptop. I doubt they will pay any royalty. Today what they need is $299 EE-PC

Re: Dual screen laptop

Postby SilverNitrate » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:26 pm

User avatar
SilverNitrate
White Belt
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:52 pm
Well you all its about here now and it will be a Microsoft device!
Image
Hmm. wonder what will the price be like? Though my initial design would have been 5 to 6" screens.
http://gizmodo.com/5365299/courier-first-details-of-microsofts-secret-tablet?skyline=true&s=i

cron