FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:18 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I believe the production of season 2 was completed about a month ago (from what I heard here and there) and about to air at June.
For season 3, the whole casting call takes 5 months to complete. (From Jan to May) We are still in the middle of it, Then you need to give them time for prototyping maybe 13 inventions and TV production...

Of course this is not the fastest way to get your product commercialized, but sure is an exciting way.

Postby Gunners04 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Gunners04
White Belt

lcw_trey wrote:i think the confusing part is that they havent aired season 2 and are already casting for season 3.

Product development being such a time consuming thing makes it difficult to have this work efficiently. Basically, if EE waited until season 2 products were nearly completed before casting for season 3, there would be around a 2 year gap between seasons. Considering it takes around 6 months to cast, multiple months to research and narrow down the winners, then around a year plus to develop the product. All the while trying to film, edit, produce, and distribute the TV show, it would be a mistake to take such large breaks between castings.
Previous